✟17,583.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

Hopefully I'm not breaking forum rules with this link, but as a lot of you would be aware, there is a proposed bill for marriage equality coming before parliament. The media would have you think that an easy majority of the population want same-sex marriage legal. However, this isn't the case. The poll on ninemsn is going gang busters, and up until this morning, 55% of people who voted were against same-sex marriage. This afternoon this has seen an unfortunate turn around. Anyway, this poll might be the only chance to show where you stand and your say on the matter. So I'm just posting the link for if you haven't yet voted, you can. God bless you, and hopefully our politicians exercise some wisdom.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...u-readers-have-their-say-on-same-sex-marriage

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Hopefully I'm not breaking forum rules with this link, but as a lot of you would be aware, there is a proposed bill for marriage equality coming before parliament. The media would have you think that an easy majority of the population want same-sex marriage legal. However, this isn't the case. The poll on ninemsn is going gang busters, and up until this morning, 55% of people who voted were against same-sex marriage. This afternoon this has seen an unfortunate turn around. Anyway, this poll might be the only chance to show where you stand and your say on the matter. So I'm just posting the link for if you haven't yet voted, you can. God bless you, and hopefully our politicians exercise some wisdom.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...u-readers-have-their-say-on-same-sex-marriage

On this website it is 72% (1,126,232) for, 28% (434,457)against.

I voted against but I'm afraid it is a lost cause.

Upvote 0

Lepanto

Jun 16, 2008
Liverpool
✟27,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I also voted no.
People who voted yes don't really know what they are doing.

In fact, online poll cannot be trusted, for it is not valid from the
statistical point of view. Some people don't surf the net, not
everyone who surfs the net knew the poll's existence. Moreover
the poll could easily be manipulated by 9news.com.au. Do you
believe the staff at 9news are all upright and honest ? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Julia Gillard noted that the activists pushing for same sex marriage were the same people who opposed marriage and wanted it destroyed.

LGBT activist Masha Gessen confirmed Julia Gillard's point, stating that same sex marriage"is a lie" as the LGBT people really want to destroy marriage.

Sadly our Leftist dominated mainstream media, etc, has been bullying and brainwashing society for the past couple decades on gay rights. Is it any wonder there is so much confusion and weakness in society.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Julia Gillard noted that the activists pushing for same sex marriage were the same people who opposed marriage and wanted it destroyed."

LOLWUT?

Here's a quote from the article in the link below.

"Of course, this is despite the fact that most of the people pushing for ‘same-sex’ marriage actually don't really believe in marriage. In countries around the world that have legalised homosexual ‘marriage’, very few homosexual couples have actually ‘married’. In an analysis of the first ten years of homosexual ‘marriage’ in The Netherlands, the Institute for Marriage and Public Policy wrote, “Just 20 percent of Dutch homosexual couples are married, compared with 80 percent of heterosexual couples.” After giving the statistics for the number of ‘gays and lesbians’ and the total population, they conclude that “This means about eight percent of gay and lesbian people have chosen to marry.” (Read iMAPP Policy Brief)

This is what Julia Gillard rightly stated some while back, when defending her opposition to same-sex ‘marriage’. She pointed out that the very people pushing for so-called marriage ‘equality’ are the same ones who spent many years saying that they don't believe in marriage - that it was “patriarchal and old fashioned".

http://www.saltshakers.org.au/107-f...asics-why-we-must-say-no-to-same-sex-marriage

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

"Of course, this is despite the fact that most of the people pushing for ‘same-sex’ marriage actually don't really believe in marriage. In countries around the world that have legalised homosexual ‘marriage’, very few homosexual couples have actually ‘married’. In an analysis of the first ten years of homosexual ‘marriage’ in The Netherlands, the Institute for Marriage and Public Policy wrote, “Just 20 percent of Dutch homosexual couples are married, compared with 80 percent of heterosexual couples.” After giving the statistics for the number of ‘gays and lesbians’ and the total population, they conclude that “This means about eight percent of gay and lesbian people have chosen to marry.” (Read iMAPP Policy Brief)

This is what Julia Gillard rightly stated some while back, when defending her opposition to same-sex ‘marriage’. She pointed out that the very people pushing for so-called marriage ‘equality’ are the same ones who spent many years saying that they don't believe in marriage - that it was “patriarchal and old fashioned".

http://www.saltshakers.org.au/107-f...asics-why-we-must-say-no-to-same-sex-marriage
Where's the part where she said that they're the same people trying to "destroy marriage"? Where is anyone trying to "destroy marriage", come to that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You obviously did not watch that You tube video link.
Nope. If I watched every youtube link that someone claimed would "prove" something, I'd do nothing else with my time. A text based quote from a reliable source will be fine.

Now, where are all these people trying to "destroy marriage"? Because I see them invoked a lot, I've never met one. Frankly, I doubt they exist as anything other than a subset of a subset of an extreme fringe outlier...

Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks for the info. I checked it out and you are spot on. I like Tony Abbot's stand on this though I do not think he will be able to carry the day. I wouldn't waste time on faux-catholics.

Reactions: hmw
Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nope. If I watched every youtube link that someone claimed would "prove" something, I'd do nothing else with my time. A text based quote from a reliable source will be fine.

Now, where are all these people trying to "destroy marriage"? Because I see them invoked a lot, I've never met one. Frankly, I doubt they exist as anything other than a subset of a subset of an extreme fringe outlier...

You should check out that You tube link rather than just avoiding the truth and then try asking "where are these people trying to destroy marriage?"

But if you won't check out the you tube video then what that LGBT activist Masha Gessen said was, "it's a no brainer, people should not have the right to marry"...."the institution of marriage should not exist"..."fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we're going to do to marriage when we get there...because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie because the institution of marriage is going to change and should change, and again I don't think it should exist"

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You should check out that You tube link rather than just avoiding the truth and then try asking "where are these people trying to destroy marriage?"

But if you won't check out the you tube video then what that LGBT activist Masha Gessen said was, "it's a no brainer, people should not have the right to marry"...."the institution of marriage should not exist"..."fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we're going to do to marriage when we get there...because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie because the institution of marriage is going to change and should change, and again I don't think it should exist"
...and we're back to cherry picked outliers.

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the info. I checked it out and you are spot on. I like Tony Abbot's stand on this though I do not think he will be able to carry the day. I wouldn't waste time on faux-catholics.

Along with the LGBT rights agenda, such as same sex marriage, comes persecution and discrimination towards anyone who holds on to their Christian values and does submit to PC fascism.

http://billmuehlenberg.com/2015/07/01/this-is-how-homosexual-marriage-impacts-me/

http://billmuehlenberg.com/2015/06/17/homosexual-sharia-in-action/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Along with the LGBT rights agenda, such as same sex marriage, comes persecution and discrimination towards anyone who holds on to their Christian values and does submit to PC fascism.

http://billmuehlenberg.com/2015/07/01/this-is-how-homosexual-marriage-impacts-me/

It is interesting how they dress it up in words such as "equality" and "human rights".

Christian schools that rely on some government funding are something I am concerned about. Of course, teachers & students in government schools are already forced to succumb to the gay agenda, but I think private religious schools will soon be attacked through financial channels if they dare to discriminate against the sin of homosexuality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Of course, teachers & students in government schools are already forced to succumb to the gay agenda,
They are? My brother and mother are teachers, and my daughter is at a government school, and I can't say as I had noticed.

*shocked realisation* you mean they might be baking cakes for anyone who asks for one??

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is interesting how they dress i

Christian schools that rely on some government funding are something I am concerned about. Of course, teachers & students in government schools are already forced to succumb to the gay agenda, but I think private religious schools will soon be attacked through financial channels if they dare to discriminate against the sin of homosexuality.

Considering the PC fascism we see encroaching ever more into our lives maybe it would be better if Christian schools and churches reject any government funding or tax exemptions. Government's will only use their funding to manipulate such Christian organizations into compromising their stance on God's values anyway.

But regardless, the PC fascists have already started their persecution and discrimination against Christians, and this will only get worse anyway.

Upvote 0