Bronx
✟26,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think it may leave one in a more vulnerable and less assertive state of mind.

If one habitually masturbates to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] during or following viewing inappropriate content, I think there is more likelihood of it becoming compulsive.

I agree that inappropriate content makes people more vulnerable. I used to watch inappropriate content and then communicate with random women who'd try to take my money. Some of the women even reported me for my communication, getting me removed from areas countless times. Before I quit inappropriate content, my life was horrible and broken. My life has improved a lot, after quitting inappropriate content.

• Winner
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I'm going to be frank about this because there aren't enough people really talking about this.

This honestly is the teaching that probably did some of the most harm in my life. We have to be very clear by what we mean by "sinful lust." Yes there is a "lust" that is sin, but there are multiple sources to draw from. From my childhood, I followed the teaching of the Decalogue on this, and that was fine. I had a clear heart-felt distinction of when it was actually wrong for me to have too much desire for certain women. And that was fine, for the most part, among christians.

But then the internet happened. Gay rights happened. inappropriate content exploded. Abuse scandals erupted.

I'm not following. Abuse scandals, like those of Catholic priests, had been happening for decades, and the church kept it quiet to avoid defamation. I watched a documentary where the people that had suffered the abuse were adults. So when the abuse scandals came out, it wasn't connected to gay rights, but rather, people coming forward and saying they were molested as children by their priest, and no one believed them, or as one organization did, just removed the priest, put him in a new parish, he molested again, they moved him again... That was the issue - the Church organization knew about it, and did nothing for the child, protected their own reputation, and put other children at risk. Why would the church do that? That is what needs to be answered.

This happened for years in the past. It may happen now, but unlike the past it is addressed, people held accountable. Is you problem that it is finally being addressed? Would you think it better had it continued but never addressed like the past?
#MeToo happened. And christians became very, very angry. Suddenly, somehow, it practically became "unlawful" in the hearts and minds of lots of pastors, authors, and in general opinion to be a heterosexual male. I do think some pre-existing schools of thought found that to be a favorable environment and flourished, but it's beside the point.

This is simply false. Can you give an example? Were straight people beaten to death by gays, like Matthew Shephard? Were radicals claiming God Hates Straight People and picketing even their funerals like the Fred Phelps? Isn't what you are saying bearing false witness?
[/QUOTE]

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0