somewhere
✟7,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi! I'm new to this forum, I just discovered it today while looking for answers to this topic, but I couldn't quite find a similar experience like mine, so I decided to just make a thread here and ask.
There was this kid in my class last year, let's call him Jesse for now (not his real name. His name is kind of original so if by some off chance he finds this I don't want him to be freaked out). Jesse was new to my school, he started around October or November, and at first I thought I had a crush on him, because I would get a weird feeling around him (that sounds odd, but I can't think of another way to phrase it). Anyways, I've never really talked to him, aside from the off comment here or there. I never paid much mind to him, however, around January/February, he appeared in one of my dreams. Oh well, not too weird, people appear in my dreams often.
It wasn't until the second dream about a month later that I started feeling a bit odd. The dreams were normal dreams, I don't remember too much about them (other than the fact that he was in them). I would get about one dream with him in them a month, and they were just normal, run-of-the-mill dreams. The only important details I can think of is in one of them he showed interest in me and in another he was hugging me. He would act strangely in the dreams, such as being really loud (he's quiet in real life), or being "creepy" (in the sense of when someone has a crush on you and they act "creepy" in your eyes).

Anyways, I can go on, so let me quickly conclude. I've barely talked to this guy, but he always pops up in my mind. His actual name is also a commonly used word, so when I hear it, I automatically think of him for some odd reason. And keep in mind, I don't have a crush on this kid, so it's kinda strange. I thought when the school year ended, the dreams would stop, but I just had a dream with him in it last night. I haven't seen this kid in over a month! I don't know, maybe God is trying to tell me something about him through these dreams? If so, why would God give me strange dreams that I can't even remember? Jesse might be in my class next year, depending on if he took honors level or not (he's in the year above me, but he was in a language class with me, so he might be going into the same level as me, and, as a result, the same class). What could this mean? And if he is in my class next year, what should I do?

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if it is from God, there is always the possibility that he is reaching out for someone to talk to spiritually, and the two of you are kindred spirits in some way.

But the apparent age difference is a little unnerving for using the word "crush" here, so I would definitely caution you about that part for sure.

I suggest praying over this young man, and telling the Lord that if He can use you to help him in any way spiritually then to reveal to you how.

And if he is in your class next year, or if you run into him again in some context, after praying for him in your private time, try asking him a few leading questions to get him talking about his spiritual life.

From there you may be able to discern from the Lord if He would have you help the young man somehow.

God bless.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Anyways, I can go on, so let me quickly conclude. I've barely talked to this guy, but he always pops up in my mind. His actual name is also a commonly used word, so when I hear it, I automatically think of him for some odd reason. And keep in mind, I don't have a crush on this kid, so it's kinda strange. I thought when the school year ended, the dreams would stop, but I just had a dream with him in it last night. I haven't seen this kid in over a month! I don't know, maybe God is trying to tell me something about him through these dreams? If so, why would God give me strange dreams that I can't even remember? Jesse might be in my class next year, depending on if he took honors level or not (he's in the year above me, but he was in a language class with me, so he might be going into the same level as me, and, as a result, the same class). What could this mean? And if he is in my class next year, what should I do?

Sounds like a normal life - growing up and having some of the people you meet in school show up in dreams.

I suggest not over analyzing it. And remember to try and make as much time as possible for Bible study and prayer. Ask God if there is some way for you to share the Gospel with someone you meet.

• Agree
Reactions: Aleksandros
Upvote 0

GandalfTheWise

In search of lost causes and hopeless battles
May 27, 2012
Wisconsin
✟71,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's possible that this is just typical dream weirdness and a reaction to having had an atypical reaction to him for whatever reason. If it's more than this, it's possible as @Hidden In Him mentioned that maybe there's something spiritual you're meant to be doing.

I'll throw another possibility out as well. Speaking for myself, the few spiritual dreams I've had in my life have always been of the the warning variety to give me a heads up how to act when something happened. Each time I had a dream like that, I knew something was different about it when I woke up. The next day, some type of major serious event occurred that was having a big impact on my life, and the dream had given me a good sense of how I should react. If this is some type of warning (be it spiritual or simply a gut emotional sense of something out of whack), you might want to make sure to strictly adhere to all teacher/student protocols to avoid any possibility of accusation of inappropriate relations and think twice if any out of the ordinary situation arises.

Upvote 0