✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Mark 9:43 (Berean Study Bible)

If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off.

It's a common misconception that we have to get rid of our sins before we are saved. On the contrary, it's the salvation of the Lord that cleanses and purifies us from all our sins. God's holiness requires immaculate perfection to be in His presence. The simplicity of the gospel and salvation is astounding to many (John 6:66). It's hard for a man to believe that God can take someone who is sinful and transform that person into a saint just through the atoning blood of Christ. As long as people think that they have to somehow purify themselves to be acceptable to God, they'll never be saved. Only when we accept the simplicity of salvation in Christ are we cleansed from all our unrighteousness.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,496.00
Faith
Christian
But I do believe we need to stop sinning to be saved but we can not make ourselves righteous only Christ can but we don’t have license to sin we do have to get rid of our sins to be saved but we can not do it without Christ so we are not to try to get rid of sins on our own to be saved but we are to accept Christ to save us by forgiving us and showing us way of salvation as we have accepted Him truly repenting of our sins and when we sin helping us come back to know the way to stay saved

Reactions: Ayenew
Upvote 0

Hekler

Aug 3, 2021
Berlin
✟25,381.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
But I do believe we need to stop sinning to be saved but we can not make ourselves righteous only Christ can but we don’t have license to sin we do have to get rid of our sins to be saved but we can not do it without Christ so we are not to try to get rid of sins on our own to be saved but we are to accept Christ to save us by forgiving us and showing us way of salvation as we have accepted Him truly repenting of our sins and when we sin helping us come back to know the way to stay saved

Yes, one cannot be sinner and saved, because scripture is clear only the righteous get saved, so your correct, one first must stop sinning, to become righteous and then get saved: 1 Peter 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
And is better to be rigtheous than sinner: Malachi 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
Christ is also talking that it is not good to be sinner: Luke 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
Also it is said who is doing sin is of the devil: 1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
It is said that saved person cannot sin: 1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
It is also said that one must not pray for other's mortal sins: 1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
And bible is clear, who is doing unrighteousness cannot enter the kingdom of righteousness: Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Also one to be saved need to have kept the ten commandments, which is the same to have stopped sinning: Luke 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luke 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
Many are called, but few are chosen to be saved: Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen. Unrighteous people will not be saved: 1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
One must repent and stop sinning.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,496.00
Faith
Christian
It is true Paul says unrighteous can not enter except they repent saying but such we’re some of you mortal sin is that which leads to death that which is too late to repent of the bible says to pray for all men as God desires all men to be saved Jesus said with men it is impossible for them to be saved but with God all things are possible that is if they are alive it is not too late if they come to God truly He can get them through with grace we are to trust salvation in His hands to submit to Him if we accepted Him we can trust Him to guide us to show us the way if we obey all He tells us if we listen to Him

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To me salvation is a daily occurrence, rather than a ticket to heaven. Salvation means being saved from sin by being in the light. When I'm walking in the light, I see sin as ugly and undesirable. And I see righteousness as beautiful and desirable. That comes through the Holy Spirit.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0