Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not for the faint of heart. Oh yes, get ready you who still brandish OSAS. IMO, the more concise we can abridge an incorruptible point (withstands the rigorous scope of scripture), the clearer it becomes for all. Got one? How about,

Without -

As newborn babes who were yet dead in trespasses and sins, He fully saved us by His mercy in Christ, the Author of our faith.​

With -

As we move towards maturity, that same faith will be rewarded by God by how we handled it, either bearing fruit towards the prize of His individual gifts, or to see it wither and die. (James 2:17).​

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we confuse to seperate issues.

Our adoption into His family, and eternal reward for works done in His love.

Take the thief on the cross...

His lack of works had no bearing on his eternal status as a saved son through faith and confession.

Jesus would have known what wonderful works he would have walked in given the chance.

Works in His love are the evidence of the life we have received through Him.... if we are given the chance...

They do not secure salvation, but just bear testimony of who we are in Him.

There would be no death bed conversions otherwise.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With -

As we move towards maturity, that same faith will be rewarded by God by how we handled it, either bearing fruit towards the prize of His individual gifts, or to see it wither and die. (James 2:17).
That is not for salvation, it is required for growth and maturity AFTER salvation.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not for the faint of heart. Oh yes, get ready you who still brandish OSAS. IMO, the more concise we can abridge an incorruptible point (withstands the rigorous scope of scripture), the clearer it becomes for all. Got one? How about,

Without -

As newborn babes who were yet dead in trespasses and sins, He fully saved us by His mercy in Christ, the Author of our faith.​

With -

As we move towards maturity, that same faith will be rewarded by God by how we handled it, either bearing fruit towards the prize of His individual gifts, or to see it wither and die. (James 2:17).​
If Christ is the author and finisher of faith does that mean that the Holy Spirit is the author and finisher of sanctification? No because that is His further work, at the throne of grace, where mercy meets the conscience of the human spirit, and single-mindedness supersedes that of the double-minded man.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes - take him back to where he was - under the MOSAIC covenant.
He was NOT saved under the New covenant.

With Jesus the Kingdom of Heaven arrived - was the lady caught in adultery forgiven under the Mosaic covenant ??

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With Jesus the Kingdom of Heaven arrived - was the lady caught in adultery forgiven under the Mosaic covenant ??
Yes. Just as King David was.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually the sword never left his family.
true - but he and Bathsheba were not stoned to death. According to the law they should have been.

The woman in John 8 was guilty only of adultery, not murder, nor involving others in that murder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No - but he and Bathsheba were not stoned to death.

The woman in John 8 was guilty only of adultery, not murder, nor involving others in that murder.
The point was that he didn’t get away with it like the man in John 8

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you know that?
Because the sentence for that crime was that the sword never left his house! What was stolen was one lamb by one who had many. Unforgivable to God in my most humble opinion. But that’s human thinking and may not be what God considers the ultimate crime.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because the sentence for that crime was that the sword never left his house! What was stolen was one lamb by one who had many. Unforgivable to God in my most humble opinion. But that’s human thinking and may not be what God considers the ultimate crime.
How do I know the man got away with it? It is not written.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No - how do you know the man in John 8 got off scott free?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do I know the man got away with it? It is not written.
Lots of things happened that were never written.

A pastor tried to tell me once that Jesus only slept once or twice in his entire life, since that is all that is written.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lots of things happened that were never written.

A pastor tried to tell me once that Jesus only slept once or twice in his entire life, since that is all that is written.
She was caught in adultery. Obviously only half the offending couple were about to be stoned.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She was caught in adultery. Obviously only half the offending couple were about to be stoned.
But the Law said BOTH were to be stoned.

My point was that God Himself visited on David's house a judgement.
How do you know that did NOT happen to the guy she was with?

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the Law said BOTH were to be stoned.

My point was that God Himself visited on David's house a judgement.
How do you know that did NOT happen to the guy she was with?
Get serious with the speculation. I guess it just depends on the motives of those involved, written not on walls but in the sand.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"We must pay the most careful attention, therefore,
to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away."

(Hebrews, 2:1)​

, , the Apostle (if Paul) has included himself as well as the office as being just as susceptible (to ‘drift away’) as any other without a foregone conclusion of shelter from error. True, if this were to happen, they would most likely recover in a swift manner. But still misses my point, here, a full disregard to any fixed surety and gives warning of a distinct possibility of falling. And if that is true that they too are susceptible, the warning falls on the rest of the flock as well. The determination to resist this truth is not only without scriptural support, but an insidious portrayal of the faith to the faith of the flock.

Such resistance can’t rise up to defend the same committed discourse we were called to,

“I have kept the faith, , for me the crown of righteousness,”

(2 Timothy 4:7,8)​

The deepest plight of those unwilling to accept this truth is they are not capable to effectively challenge this, only a determined preference exists. This same determination causes an infectious immunity to approach the truth. Is such refusal demonic? I suppose that would fall on how familiar they are with that truth, and if it mirrors itself in resistance.

Upvote 0