Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many who are confused about their salvation, see it as...

1.) God started it, now its on me to do the rest till i die.

See that?
See that, "its ON ME now"....>"its MY RESPONSIBILITY Now"...'Its something i have to do for myself now"..
Well, reader, if God's salvation is started by the Cross but finished by you, then how can that be "the gift of Salvation"?
How is you trying to stay saved, God's GIFT to you?
If God's salvation is God starting it and you completing it, then how is that God making you Righteous by the blood of Jesus?

So,..... what has happened to the person who is a believer, but is now up on the Cross trying to keep yourself saved.?

Paul says you are 'fallen from Grace', and "in the flesh", if im talking to you.

What does that mean?
It means that you are In God's Grace, if you are born again, and not just water baptized.... but you dont SEE it as the reason you STAY saved. You do not SEE God's Grace, which is the Blood of Jesus, as WHY you stay saved.
You can't SEE THIS.
You are BLINDED... You have a stronghold in your mind that is blocking your spiritual ability to SEE the GRACE of GOD.
This is "the LAW is the power of sin"
This is the god of this world causing you to REASON against the grace of God, by using your self righteousness against you.
You understand that God saved you, but you lost or never really understood that staying saved, is not of you., at all.

Salvation is what Christ did for the WORLD, .. John 3:16, 2000 yrs ago.
He completed it. He said..>"it is FINISHED" just before He died.
Some bibles say "It is accomplished".
What is Finished?

1.) The FREE OFFER of Completed Spiritual reconciliation back to God, for eternity.

Salvation is Christ on the Cross, bringing you the offer of ETERNAL RECONCILIATION back to God, based on HIS BLOOD being shed as the only REASON.
John 14:6

So, when a believer can't SEE THIS, then they fall into a mind that is deceived.
"In the flesh" "fallen from Grace".
And this mind, is not able to SEE that FINISHED Salvation is what GOD DID on the Cross.
They instead SEE Salvation as...> I must do this, and i must do that, and i must keep this, and i must not do that, and if i complete all my LIST of Do's and Don'ts then, im able to KEEP MYSELF SAVED, i hope.

So, if you are doing that, are you allowing God to save you?
See the problem?
The problem is a faith problem, where Faith that you have is now in yourself to get you into heaven.
This is spiritual blindness.
Paul calls this being "in the flesh", because this same type thinking is what an unbeliever thinks.
They unbelievers also are in the flesh, and they have the same religion of ...>"if i want to go to heaven, i must DO AND DO and ........DONT DO".

That is the mind of the flesh.
That is the believer who has fallen from Grace.

Now, look at Romans 12:1.
Paul tells you to "present your body as a living sacrifice".
So, that is your discipleship. That covers all the doing of the good deeds and works.
And Paul is very careful to DEFINE what this is....He says...>"Its your reasonable SERVICE".

See that?
Its your service. Its your self effort.
But notice that Paul does not call this, your SALVATION.
And why does He not? Because Service is Discipleship, and Discipleship is not your Salvation. Its only your SERVICE.

What is your Salvation?
Salvation is God 's Blood, God's mercy, and God's eternal life, all given to you, to make you RIGHTEOUS., as "the GIFT of Salvation".
Salvation, is to be as Righteous as God, or "made Righteous".
Only God can do that for you.
And, only you can give God your "reasonable service"< back..... because you are made righteous, already., as born again.

Let me rest your mind......one or some of you, who are battling this deception that is..."i can lose my salvation". or "I think i might have"....

Listen to me Saint.
God has you, because Jesus's Blood will never let you go.
God has you, because the Blood of Jesus, will never ever let you go.
You are God's. You belong to God, and He will never let you go.
God shed His blood to bring you into His Eternal Family, and God's blood will never let you go.

Here is the reality about the Cross...
God Himself took full responsibility for the Fall of Adam.
How?
He came down here, as Christ, to die for the sin of the world, so that this fall of Adam, could be reconciled and redeemed.
God takes full responsibility for your Salvation, for eternity.
Philippians 1:6.
This verse says..."God, who began salvation in all the born again, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL to....Complete it."
See that?
That is God's Grace. God's Mercy and Grace is to offer Himself, His own blood, to save you, and complete your salvation.
You dont have to worry about it, if you are born again.
Your SALVATION< is God's Responsibility, and He will get you to heaven.
Even your FAITH, is controlled and completed by God.. after He has it.
Hebrews 12:2 says. "looking unto JESUS,......the......AUTHOR and FINISHER of our FAITH".
See that?
Even our FAITH is completed by God.

So, what does this SALVATION allow you to do?
It allows you to REST from trying to do it for yourself.

You dont save yourself,....... you rest in God's LOVE because He has your salvation as HIS responsibility.
REST in this knowledge, Rest in this Grace of God, and find your power to live Holy.

What is your responsibility?
Its "to present your LIFE as a living sacrifice, which is your reasonable SERVICE".

You are to serve, because GOD has SAVED You ALREADY, and never do you offer this service as performance to try to keep yourself saved.

Saint... the righteousness of God....Is Jesus
If you have Him, then you have God's Righteousness.
Salvation is not a matter of doing....its a matter of having what God has provided to you.
This is JESUS.

Last edited:

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know, a growing number of non-Catholic and non-Orthodox Christians are coming to question Sola Fide, while others wrestle with the “Lordship salvation” vs. “Free grace” model debate.

The amount of diversity among Protestants as to what Sola Fide does and doesn’t mean is considerable, and shows that this issue is far from settled or agreed on among many Christians.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

See that?
See that, "its ON ME now"....>"its MY RESPONSIBILITY Now"...'Its something i have to do for myself now"..
Well, reader, if God's salvation is started by the Cross but finished by you, then how can that be "the gift of Salvation"?
If God's salvation is God starting it and you completing it, then how is that God making you Righteous by the blood of Jesus?

So,..... what has happened to the person who is a believer, but is now up on the Cross trying to keep yourself saved.?

Paul says you are 'fallen from Grace', and "in the flesh", if im talking to you.

What does that mean?
It means that you are In God's Grace, if you are born again, and not just water baptized.... but you dont SEE it as the reason you STAY saved. You do not SEE God's Grace, which is the Blood of Jesus, as WHY you stay saved.
You can't SEE THIS.
You are BLINDED... You have a stronghold in your mind that is blocking your spiritual ability to SEE the GRACE of GOD.
This is the god of this world causing you to REASON against the grace of God, by using your self righteousness against you.
You understand that God saved you, but you lost or never really understood that staying saved, is not of you., at all.

What is Finished?

1.) The FREE OFFER of Completed Spiritual reconciliation back to God, for eternity.

Salvation is Christ on the Cross, bringing you the offer of ETERNAL RECONCILIATION back to God, based on HIS BLOOD being shed as the only REASON.

So, when a believer can't SEE THIS, then they fall into a mind that is deceived.
And this mind, is not able to SEE that FINISHED Salvation is what GOD DID on the Cross.
The instead SEE Salvation as...> I must do this, and i must do that, and i must keep this, and i must not do that, and if i complete all my LIST of Do's and Don'ts then, im able to KEEP MYSELF SAVED, i hope.

See the problem?
The problem is a faith problem, where Faith that you have is now in yourself to get you into heaven.
Paul calls this being "in the flesh", because this same type thinking is what an unbeliever thinks.
They unbelievers also are in the flesh, and they have the same religion of ...>"if i want to go to heaven, i must DO AND DO and ........DONT DO".

So, that is your discipleship. That covers all the doing of the good deeds and works.
And Paul is very careful to DEFINE what this is....He says...>"Its your reasonable SERVICE".

See that?
And why does He not? Because Service is Discipleship, and Discipleship is not your Salvation. Its only your SERVICE.

What is your Salvation?
Salvation is God 's Blood, God's mercy, and God's eternal life, all given to you, to make you RIGHTEOUS., as "the GIFT of Salvation".
And, only you can give God your "reasonable service"< back..... because you are made righteous, already., as born again.

Let me rest your mind......one or some of you, who are battling this deception that is..."i can lose my salvation". or "I think i might have"....

Listen to me Saint.
God shed His blood to bring you into His Eternal Family, and God's blood will never let you go.

How?
He came down here, as Christ, to die for the sin of the world, so that this fall of Adam, could be reconciled and redeemed.
This verse says..."God, who began salvation in all the born again, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL to....Complete it."
See that?
That is God's Grace. God's Mercy and Grace is to offer Himself, His own blood, to save you, and complete your salvation.
Hebrews 12:2 says. "looking unto JESUS,......the......AUTHOR and FINISHER of our FAITH".
See that?

You dont save yourself,....... you rest in God's LOVE because He has your salvation as HIS responsibility.
REST in this knowledge, Rest in this Grace of God, and find your power to live Holy.

Its "to present your LIFE as a living sacrifice, which is your reasonable SERVICE".

You are to serve, because GOD has SAVED You ALREADY, and never do you offer this service as performance to try to keep yourself saved.

Salvation is not a matter of doing....its a matter of having what God has provided to you.
This is JESUS.

To use an analogy, if someone were to teach me how to play an instrument as a free gift to me, then their lessons themselves would be the content of their gift and participating in their lessons would be doing nothing to earn their gift, but rather that is the means of receiving their gift. Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so our salvation is the same type of gift of where the content of the gift is itself being trained by grace to live in obedience to God's law.

In Titus 2:11-14, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so God graciously teaching us to live in obedience to His laws for how to do that is itself the content of God's gift of saving us from living in disobedience to His laws. In other words, becoming someone who does what is righteous in obedience to God's law is the gift of being made righteous. In Psalms 119:29-30, David wanted God to put false ways far from him, to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law and that he has chosen the way of faithfulness, and Romans 1:5, we have received grace in order to bring about the obedience of faith, so this is how God is gracious to us, not the way to fall from grace, and obedience to God's law is again the content of His gift of salvation. In Romans 6:19-23, no longer presenting ourselves as slaves to impurity, lawlessness, and sin is contrasted with now presenting ourselves as slaves to God and to righteousness, leading to sanctification, and the goal of sanctification is eternal life, which is the gift of God, so again obedience to God's law is the content of His gift. In Matthew 19:17, Jesus said that the way to enter eternal life is by obeying God's commands, so again obedience to God's commands is the content of the gift of eternal life. Obedience to God's law has nothing to do with trying to save ourselves, but rather it is how God saves us from living in disobedience to His law.

God's law is a lamp, so it is how we see the truth, and is not what blinds us. It is the law of sin that is the power of sin, not the Law of God. In Titus 2:14, it describes what Jesus accomplished on the cross as saying that Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so us becoming zealous for doing good works on obedience to God's laws for how to do that is what Jesus accomplished on the cross, yet you mistake this as trying to save ourselves. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that faith is one of the weightier matters of the law, so obedience to it is how we are to express our faith in him. In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have minds set on the flesh, who are enemies of God, who refuse to submit to His law. In Matthew 11:28-30 and Jeremiah 6:16-19, God's law is described as the good way where we will find rest for our souls.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
our salvation is the same type of gift of where the content of the gift is itself being trained by grace to live in obedience to God's law.

Not at all.

Christ has redeemed all the born again from the curse of the law.
So, when you teach that obeying the OLD TESTAMENT, is the reason for the NEW TESTAMENT, then your teaching is this.... Galatians 1:8

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

See that?

What does that mean?
You can't SEE THIS.

What is Finished?

They instead SEE Salvation as...> I must do this, and i must do that, and i must keep this, and i must not do that, and if i complete all my LIST of Do's and Don'ts then, im able to KEEP MYSELF SAVED, i hope.

See the problem?

See that?

What is your Salvation?

Listen to me Saint.

How?
See that?
See that?

This is JESUS.

If your faith in Jesus does not translate into presenting your body as a living sacrifice to Lord Jesus, then your faith is counterfeit.

Romans 6:19-22 (NIV)
Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness. 20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

Hebrews 12:14-17 (WEB)
14 Follow after peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no man will see the Lord, 15 looking carefully lest there be any man who falls short of the grace of God, lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and many be defiled by it, 16 lest there be any sexually immoral person, or profane person, like Esau, who sold his birthright for one meal. 17 For you know that even when he afterward desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for a change of mind though he sought it diligently with tears.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8 (WEB) 3 For this is the will of God: your sanctification, that you abstain from sexual immorality, 4 that each one of you know how to control his own body in sanctification and honor, 5 not in the passion of lust, even as the Gentiles who do not know God, 6 that no one should take advantage of and wrong a brother or sister in this matter; because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as also we forewarned you and testified. 7 For God called us not for uncleanness, but in sanctification. 8 Therefore he who rejects this doesn’t reject man, but God, who has also given his Holy Spirit to you.

Galatians 5:24-25 (WEB)
24 Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 10:1-12 (WEB)
10 Now I would not have you ignorant, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 and were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and all ate the same spiritual food; 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ. 5 However with most of them, God was not well pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent that:
WE should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.”Exodus 32:6 8
LET US not commit sexual immorality, as some of them committed, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell. 9 Let’s not test Christ, as some of them tested, and perished by the serpents.
10 Do not grumble, as some of them also grumbled, and perished by the destroyer. 11 Now all these things happened to them by way of example, and they were written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the ages have come. 12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands be careful that he does not fall.

To “fall” is to be lost.

Hebrews 4:11 (WEB)
11 Let us therefore give diligence to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of disobedience.

Continuing in any sin is a rejection of God, and the faith. No such person will be saved, unless they repent. Only as the believer continues to walk in the light of God’s Spirit will the believer continue in that life.

Ephesians 5:3-9 (WEB)
5 Know this for sure, that no sexually immoral person, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God.
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words. For because of these things, the wrath of God comes on the children of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them. 8 For you were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, 9 for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.

Revelation 3:1-5 (WEB) “I know your works, that you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up and keep the things that remain, which you were about to throw away, for I have found no works of yours perfected before my God. 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If therefore you won’t watch, I will come as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. 4 Nevertheless you have a few names in Sardis that did not defile their garments. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 14:12-13 (WEB)
12 Here is the perseverance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”

Hebrews 3:12-15 (WEB) 12 Beware, brothers and sisters, lest perhaps there might be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God; 13 but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called “today”, lest anyone of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ, IF we hold the beginning of our confidence firm to the end, 15 while it is said,
Today if you will hear his voice, do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion.” [Psalm 95:7-8]

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know, a growing number of non-Catholic and non-Orthodox Christians are coming to question Sola Fide, while others wrestle with the “Lordship salvation” vs. “Free grace” model debate.

The amount of diversity among Protestants as to what Sola Fide does and doesn’t mean is considerable, and shows that this issue is far from settled or agreed on among many Christians.

All false gospels are shown to be so, by their attempt to :

1. ) add works as any type, to the Cross of Christ

2.) add works of any type of self effort, to the Blood Atonement

Salvation, is God's Blood applied to a sinner that causes a NEW Birth in the "Spirit", which is a defined eternal result.

"Born again"
"new Creation".
"One with God, in Christ".

None of this can be performed by a human, as Salvation is ALL of GOD.

So, when you have any religion, that is trying to add to that, law, commandments, self effort, then you have found : Galatians 1:8

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your faith in Jesus does not translate into presenting your body as a living sacrifice to Lord Jesus,[Psalm 95:7-8]

Not at all.

James teaches this type believer as having "dead faith".
Notice that he does not say they have dead salvation.

Are you familiar with a christian who watches a lot of "mature" Cable TV shows, then pretends they are a true believer on a Christian forum?
Imagine watching Game of Thrones for years, while also coming to a Christian forum pretending you are "living holy" and are a true disciple.
Ever met one of those?

Ive met, many many hundreds.

So, they are not going to hell, because they are born again, but they are a FAKIR, who is BACKSLIDDEN, and their FAITH is in their MOUTH< but not in their HEART.

They talk a good game of "christianese" on a forum, to get attention.
But in their LIFE< you would see how connected they are to the world, and what the world offers, if you could spend 15 mins watching what they are really like in LIFE.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Salvation, is God's Blood applied to a sinner that causes a NEW Birth in the "Spirit", which is a defined eternal result.

"Born again"
"new Creation".

So, when you have any religion, that is trying to add to that, law, commandments, self effort, then you have found : Galatians 1:8

Which of the Scriptures did I quote teach that we add works or self effort?

Where did I ever write that salvation is by works or self effort? Quote me, or confess that you are a slanderous lying fraud.

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did I ever write that salvation is by works or self effort? Quote me, or confess that you are a slanderous lying fraud.

Did i call your name in my Post?
I did not.

But i will tell you this.....If you believe that you can lose your salvation, then that is faith that Christ can't keep you saved.
See it?
So, once a person is THAT faith, then their faith is dead, it has become, Legalism, and Paul says they are "fallen from Grace', "Bewitched", and "in the Flesh".

Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did i call your name in my Post?
I did not.

But i will tell you this.....If you believe that you can lose your salvation, then that is faith that Christ can't keep you saved.
See it?
So, once a person is THAT faith, then their faith is dead, it has become, Legalism, and Paul says they are "fallen from Grace', "Bewitched", and "in the Flesh".

Practically every post I have made in response to you your object saying that what I am writing is "self effort" and "works." So do not lie.

There is not one Scripture that teaches that one who is saved can never lose their faith and be lost - not one.

There is not one Scripture that states that someone who was in the faith who fell away was never in the faith to begin with. NOT ONE!

You have to reject a significant portion of Scripture to hold onto your doctrine, because every book of the NT keeps teaching our responsibility to live out our faith.

A sample of those Scriptures, besides the ones I already quoted earlier in this message, I include as follows:

1 Peter 1:9 Young's Literal Translation
9 receiving the end of your faith -- salvation of souls

Hebrews 4:1 (WEB)
Let us fear therefore, lest perhaps anyone of you should seem to have come short of a promise of entering into His Rest.

11 Let us therefore give diligence to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of disobedience.

Hebrews 3:13-15 (WEB)
13 but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called “today”, lest anyone of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence firm to the end, 15 while it is said,
Today if you will hear his voice, do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion.” [Psalm 95:7-8]

Hebrews 10:35-38 (WEB)
35 Therefore do not throw away your boldness, which has a great reward. 36 For you need endurance so that, having done the will of God, you may receive the promise

1 Timothy 4:16 (WEB)
16 Pay attention to yourself and to your teaching. Continue in these things, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.

Matthew 24:11-13 (WEB) Speaking to His followers
11 Many false prophets will arise and will lead many astray. 12 Because iniquity will be multiplied, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Luke 21:19 (WEB) 19 “By your endurance you will win your lives.

Romans 8:16 (WEB) 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God; 17 and if children, then heirs: heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with him, that we may also be glorified with him.

Galatians 6:9 (WEB) 9 Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, if we do not give up.

1 Timothy 6:18-21 (WEB)
18 that they do good, that they be rich in good works, that they be ready to distribute, willing to share; 19 laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold of eternal life.

James 1:12-16 (WEB)
12 Blessed is a person who endures temptation, for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to those who love him.

2 Peter 1:10-11 (WEB)
10 Therefore, brothers and sisters, be more diligent to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never stumble. 11 For thus you will be richly supplied with the entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Revelation 3:11-12 (WEB)
11 I am coming quickly! Hold firmly that which you have, so that no one takes your crown.

Revelation 21:7 (WEB)
7 He who overcomes, I will give him these things. I will be his God, and he will be my son.

Notice the believer is responsible for His faith - from beginning to end - to be saved eternally.

Romans 1:16-17 (WEB) 16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Christ, because it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first, and also for the Greek. 17 For in it is revealed God’s righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, “But the righteous shall live by faith.” [Habakkuk 2:4]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not at all.

James teaches this type believer as having "dead faith".
Notice that he does not say they have dead salvation.

Are you familiar with a christian who watches a lot of "mature" Cable TV shows, then pretends they are a true believer on a Christian forum?
Imagine watching Game of Thrones for years, while also coming to a Christian forum pretending you are "living holy" and are a true disciple.
Ever met one of those?

Ive met, many many hundreds.

So, they are not going to hell, because they are born again, but they are a FAKIR, who is BACKSLIDDEN, and their FAITH is in their MOUTH< but not in their HEART.

They talk a good game of "christianese" on a forum, to get attention.
But in their LIFE< you would see how connected they are to the world, and what the world offers, if you could spend 15 mins watching what they are really like in LIFE.

So you are saying a person who has a dead faith is still saved?

You have no idea what faith or salvation means.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8 (WEB) 3 For this is the will of God: your sanctification, that you abstain from sexual immorality, 4 that each one of you know how to control his own body in sanctification and honor, 5 not in the passion of lust, even as the Gentiles who do not know God, 6 that no one should take advantage of and wrong a brother or sister in this matter; because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as also we forewarned you and testified. 7 For God called us not for uncleanness, but in sanctification. 8 Therefore he who rejects this doesn’t reject man, but God, who has also given his Holy Spirit to you.

Galatians 5:24-25 (WEB)
24 Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 10:1-12 (WEB)
10 Now I would not have you ignorant, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 and were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and all ate the same spiritual food; 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ. 5 However with most of them, God was not well pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent that
WE should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.”Exodus 32:6 8
LET US not commit sexual immorality, as some of them committed, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell. 9 Let’s not test Christ, as some of them tested, and perished by the serpents.
10 Do not grumble, as some of them also grumbled, and perished by the destroyer. 11 Now all these things happened to them by way of example, and they were written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the ages have come. 12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands be careful that he does not fall.

To “fall” is to be lost.

Continuing in any sin is a rejection of God, and the faith. No such person will be saved, unless they repent. Only as the believer continues to walk in the light of God’s Spirit will the believer continue in that life.

Ephesians 5:3-9 (WEB)
5 Know this for sure, that no sexually immoral person, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God.
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words. For because of these things, the wrath of God comes on the children of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them. 8 For you were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, 9 for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.

Revelation 3:1-5 (WEB) “I know your works, that you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up and keep the things that remain, which you were about to throw away, for I have found no works of yours perfected before my God. 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If therefore you won’t watch, I will come as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. 4 Nevertheless you have a few names in Sardis that did not defile their garments. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 14:12-13 (WEB)
12 Here is the perseverance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”

Hebrews 3:12-15 (WEB) 12 Beware, brothers and sisters, lest perhaps there might be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God; 13 but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called “today”, lest anyone of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence firm to the end, 15 while it is said,

Upvote 0

Butterball1

Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
✟32,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luke 13:24 "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able."

2 Cor 13:5 "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"

Jude 1:21 "Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."

Clearly the Christian has a role in his own salvation.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"Born again"
"new Creation".

Well, Sir....

Many Protestants would disagree with you, including Methodists, and others. The role that works have in or in relation to salvation is still debated among Protestant Christians.

And for Catholic and Orthodox Christians, it's never really been a debate as these Churches have always seen salvation as a journey of God's grace and mercy saving us through faith in Christ and our works in Christ.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Not at all.

Christ has redeemed all the born again from the curse of the law.

Titus 2:11-14 describes our salvation as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so being trained by grace to do those things is the content of God's gift of salvation and you can't deny this without denying the truth of these verses. Likewise, Titus 2:14 does not say that Jesus gave himself to redeem us from the law, but in order to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works. In Deuteronomy 28:1-14, it describes the blessing of living in obedience to God's law while verses 15-68 describe the curse of living in disobedience to the law, so being redeemed from the curse of the law is being set free from living lawlessly so that we can be set free to enjoy the blessing of doing works by living in obedience to God's law. Again, in 1 John 3:10, those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to God's law are not born again.

So, when you teach that obeying the OLD TESTAMENT, is the reason for the NEW TESTAMENT, then your teaching is this.... Galatians 1:8

Rather, any Gospel that does not involve repentance from our sin and retuning to obedience to God's law is a different Gospel that was what Paul was speaking against in Galatians 1:8. Christ began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand and the Mosaic Law is how his audience knew what sin is, so repenting from our disobedience to it is an integral part of the Gospel of Christ, which was a light to the nations (Matthew 4:15-23), and which he prophesied would be proclaimed to the nations (Matthew 24:12-14). The same goes for Acts 2:38 for how Peter’s audience knew what sin is when he told them to repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sins. In Romans 15:4, Paul said that OT Scripture is written for our instruction and in 15:18-19, his Gospel message involved bringing the Gentiles to obedience in word and in deed, so he was on the same page as Jesus about teaching repentance from our sins. Galatians 1:8 should not be turned around as speaking against the Gospel that Christ, Peter, and Paul taught.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your faith in Jesus does not translate into presenting your body as a living sacrifice to Lord Jesus, then your faith is counterfeit.

God does not require you to agree to do good works, after you are saved, to save you.
He is not in the bargain business to redeem you.

Christ didn't hang on the Cross and die, to later make a bargain with you whereby if you agree to be a good person and try your best, He will save you.

No.

See, Salvation is God calling SINNERs to be made Righteous.
Jesus said...>"i did not come to call the RIGHTEOUS, but SINNERS", to the Cross.

The reason we are "made righteous", is because we WERE NOT until we were Made Righteous by God's Blood.
And this is caused not by your law keeping or your 10 commandment worshiping, or your water baptism, or your church membership..

We are given Heaven as our Home, right now, by being made Righteous, by God's BLood.
This is why God accepts us... He accepts us based on us being "made righteous".
He has to do it as "the GIFT of Righteousness".
This is Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your theology is that you can't lose your salvation, and that no works or keeing the law, or commandment keeping..... is required by YOU to be saved or to stay saved?
Quote where you teach this, exactly like that, and then you'll prove you are not a legalist, and that i have misquoted your BELIEF SYSTEM. (Faith).
If you do that, then you wont need me to try to explain what is wrong with your theology, 50 more times.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is not one Scripture that states that someone who was in the faith who fell away was never in the faith to begin with. NOT ONE!

Well, you asked me to prove you are teaching legalism.
You just did.
You are teaching that you can lose Salvation.
This is the proof of a broken faith, that is not understanding the BLood Atonement.
You just defined yourself as "here is what i do to keep myself saved".

Thats what you are trying to prove, again.

See, if you BELIEVE that you can lose your salvation, as you keep ranting that you believe, then you have no real FAITH IN CHRIST to Save you.
Listen.. The Salvation of God, is not part time. Its not on and off. Its not, one day working and the next day, broken.
The Salvation of God, was COMPLETED 2000 yrs ago, as the Shed blood , death, and resurrection, of the GOD MAN, Jesus THE Christ.
So, HE is Salvation, not your works or your commandment keeping, or your "sin confession" or your penace, or your good deeds.

JESUS, is Salvation.
John 14:6.
So, if you have HIM, inside you, because you are born again, as "ONE WITH GOD, and CHRIST" then you will Go to heaven.
If not, then not.

Thats it.
So, when you believe this, then you are in real Faith, but not until.....As i told you before, and will tell you again.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying a person who has a dead faith is still saved?

Real faith, ...God accepts to give you the "new Birth".
Its this new birth (born again) that proves you are actually Saved....or not.

A lot of religious people, or backslidden Christians, or, baby Christians, think that "faith" is the savior.
So, they read "dead faith", that James is describing to those lukewarm or backslidden believers in the verse where He is describing them, ....and the novice believer misinterprets this as "dead salvation".
However, if those with dead faith were LOST, then James would not be instructing them about what to do about their dead faith.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, Sir....

Many Protestants would disagree with you, including Methodists, and others. The role that works have in or in relation to salvation is still debated among Protestant Christians.

Care about what God says, and not so much regarding what denominations teach.

Here is what God says..

"I died on the Cross, and my Blood was shed so that your sins can be redeemed and you can become my very RIGHTEOUSNESS".

See that?
If you have that, you go to heaven.
If you dont, then you'll end up where a lot of people end up who are very familiar with what their church teaches, but are not born again.

Jesus said..>."you Must be born again"......and He's not joking.

There are no denominations in heaven.
These are only found on Earth, each created by some man or woman, that started/ created it.

Jesus, Creates the Born again.
Man creates Religion and Denominations.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Titus 2:11-14 describes our salvation as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good,.

I think that most believers who are recently saved for the last 15 seconds, understand they are to live for God, as a lifestyle.
:THey should also understand that they live for God, BECAUSE HE HAS SAVED THEM, and not to try to STAY Saved by trying to be good.
See that?

Upvote 0