• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

SALVATION offered by Jesus: COMPLETED and IRREVOCABLE

Discussion in 'Salvation (Soteriology)' started by Ron Gurley, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justbyfaith

justbyfaith justified sinner

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married

2. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married

3. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    pre-peat of post #384.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  4. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    Actually, @JLB777,

One passes from death into everlasting life at the moment that they receive a living and saving faith--John 5:24 (look it up in your kjv)

5. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married

6. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    Abiding in Christ means you are a branch in the vine, drawing up real nourishment from the vine. It also means you don't sin (1 John 3:6). This is not dependent on us (although we must be willing if we are going to receive the free gift of God--His righteousness--Romans 5:15-19). For it is God who works within us both TO WILL and to do according to His good pleasure.

7. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    I am definitely of the camp that one is saved by grace through faith alone--salvation itself will make a differen

8. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    I am definitely of the camp that one is saved by grace through faith alone--salvation itself will make a differen

9. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married

10. FreeGrace2

FreeGrace2 Senior Veteran

+1,275
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I don't think anyone has been arguing anything else.

But I am posting not only in this thread but in the soteriology section. So I am hoping to add clarity with the doctrine of salvation. What is salvation? It is defined in Matthew 1:21. A person is not only saved from hell, but from the sins that would put them in hell. And this is in the practical sense. The faulty prayer goes like this: I confess to you Lord that I have sinned, but really I didn't because my new nature didn't take part in it. This is a gnostic belief that John was combatting in that epistle![/QUOTE]
    I really don't know what you're trying to say.

It seems you're saying that the new nature can sin, yet 1 Jn 3:9 says otherwise.

So please clarify.

The Bible defines what a believer is. One who has full faith/trust in the work of Jesus Christ on the cross for his/her salvation. Such a one has been forgiven, justified, sanctified (made holy), and is a new creature (2 Cor 5:17).

What have I missed?

Please explain what it means to be "made holy". Kinda sounds like 'sinless perfection' which the Bible does not teach.

11. FreeGrace2

+1,275
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Amen!

12. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    ce in the life of a believer. We are talking CAUSE and EFFECT here. The cause is grace through faith, the effect is salvation, which is a transformed heart and life. Continued from #389. Computer acting up.

13. FreeGrace2

+1,275
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Could you please forget the figures of speech and just use plain language. I am a person, not a branch in a vine.

By now, I've asked a number of times if your view includes 'sinless perfection' during this life. Well?? Sure sounds like it.

Please answer the question.

14. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    ce in the life of a believer. We are talking CAUSE and EFFECT here. The cause is grace through faith, the effect is salvation, which is a transformed heart and life. Conti
    I really don't know what you're trying to say.

It seems you're saying that the new nature can sin, yet 1 Jn 3:9 says otherwise.

So please clarify.

The Bible defines what a believer is. One who has full faith/trust in the work of Jesus Christ on the cross for his/her salvation. Such a one has been forgiven, justified, sanctified (made holy), and is a new creature (2 Cor 5:17).

What have I missed?

Please explain what it means to be "made holy". Kinda sounds like 'sinless perfection' which the Bible does not teach.[/QUOTE]

15. FreeGrace2

+1,275
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    It isn't your computer. It's the website. Someone posted a question to the tech support people. I hope they fix it. It's real annoying.

16. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    The one who does the will of God abides for ever (1 John 2:17). Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not (1 John 3:6). What do you think my answer is, which is from the Bible? The problem is that so many people read the Bible and say, "This must mean something else," so they pervert the literal interpretation and change the meaning of scripture in their minds.

17. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    pre-peat of post #397.

18. justbyfaith

+572
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
  19. Marvin Knox

Marvin Knox Senior Veteran

+1,429
    Protestant
    Married
    Of course.

But our holiness stems from Christ working in us.
    Christ's presence in us is based on a once for all sealing by His Spirit. That Spirit will never leave a true believer.

He performs the work of advocacy simply because we do sin.

When we sin we are not acting holy.

So obviously it isn't the state of literal holiness that makes us God's child.

It is the Holy living in the unholy that makes us God's child.

Again - if you are simply saying that people who are truly saved will produce holy works - everyone agrees with that.

If you are saying that a state of experiencial holiness is what makes us saved - some here obviously believe that with you.

They are preaching a doctrine of works salvation and you are right in there with them.

Now - if you are setting a certain criteria of experiencial holiness of your own making to say whether a person is saved or not - that too is sin of the first order.

Then, by your own reckoning, you would be classified as unsaved for so sinning or lacking holiness.

You either believe in eternal security or you don't. You either believe in salvation by grace or you don't.

20. Marvin Knox

+1,429
    Protestant
    Married
    Of course.

But our holiness stems from Christ working in us.
    Christ's presence in us is based on a once for all sealing by His Spirit. That Spirit will never leave a true believer.

He performs the work of advocacy simply because we do sin.

When we sin we are not acting holy.

So obviously it isn't the state of literal holiness that makes us God's child.

It is the Holy living in the unholy that makes us God's child.

Again - if you are simply saying that people who are truly saved will produce holy works - everyone agrees with that.

If you are saying that a state of experiencial holiness is what makes us saved - some here obviously believe that with you.

They are preaching a doctrine of works salvation and you are right in there with them.

Now - if you are setting a certain criteria of experiencial holiness of your own making to say whether a person is saved or not - that too is sin of the first order.

You either believe in salvation by grace or you believe in and preach a gospel of works salvation.

21. Grip Docility

Grip Docility Well-Known Member

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It does... But God alone knows each heart and what is what.

That’s my stance.

I think I understand your stance... but I still see a difference focus on our parts...

Different members of the same Body..,

I’ll drink New Wine with you to that...

22. Marvin Knox

+1,429
    Protestant
    Married
    I'm getting tired of this website doing double posts and such.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.