Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
SALVATION offered by Jesus: COMPLETED and IRREVOCABLE!!

God does not take back nor allow man to give back His SALVATION...PAST completed TENSE! (AORIST!)

John 5:24 (all NASB) “Truly, truly, I (Jesus) say to you,
he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, HAS eternal life,
and does not come into judgment, but HAS PASSED out of death into life.

Ephesians 2:4-10
(by grace you HAVE BEEN saved),

Luke 19:1-10...[ Zaccheus Converted ]
9 And Jesus said to him,
“Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham.
10 For the Son of Man "has come" to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Mark 2:17
And hearing this, Jesus said to them,
“It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick;
I did not "come to call" the righteous, but sinners.”

John 3
17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world,
but that the world might "be saved" through Him.
18 He who believes in Him is not judged;
he who does not believe has been judged already,
because he "has not believed" in the name of the ONLY begotten Son of God.

John 6
35 Jesus said to them,
“I am the bread of life;
he who COMES to Me WILL not hunger,
and he who BELIEVES in Me WILL never thirst.
36 But I said to you that you have SEEN Me, and yet do not BELIEVE.
40 For this is the will of My Father,
that everyone who beholds the Son and BELIEVES in Him "WILL (is certain to) have "eternal life"", (now!!)
and I Myself will raise him up "on the last day".”

John 10
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
28 and I "GIVE eternal life to them", and they will never perish;
and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, who HAS GIVEN them to Me, is greater than all;
and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30 I and the Father are one.” (IN SPIRITUAL ESSENCE AND NATURE!)

John 17:2-3 ...Jesus' High Priestly Prayer to the Father about Jesus' followers
even as You gave Him authority over all flesh,
that to all whom You "have given" Him,
He MAY GIVE "eternal life".
This is "eternal life",
that they MAY KNOW You, the only true God, and
(KNOW) Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

John 1:12,14 (NIV)
Yet to all who "RECEIVED" him,
to those who "BELIEVED" in His name, (Jesus the Christ)
He gave the right to become CHILDREN of God...

QUESTIONS:
1. Can one lose or give back the completed saving work of Jesus the Divine Messiah? If so, copy and paste supporting verses in context.
2. What must one DO to be saved? UNsaved?
3. Does one need to spiritually discern anything further than John 3 as explained in Ephesians 2 to be saved? Romans 10? Acts 16:31?
4. Is Salvation an EVENT?
5. Is Sanctification a PROCESS?

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God does not take back nor allow man to give back His SALVATION...PAST completed TENSE! (AORIST!)

9 And Jesus said to him,

John 3

John 6
35 Jesus said to them,
“I am the bread of life;
he who COMES to Me WILL not hunger,
and he who BELIEVES in Me WILL never thirst.
36 But I said to you that you have SEEN Me, and yet do not BELIEVE.
40 For this is the will of My Father,
that everyone who beholds the Son and BELIEVES in Him "WILL (is certain to) have "eternal life"", (now!!)
and I Myself will raise him up "on the last day".”

John 10
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
28 and I "GIVE eternal life to them", and they will never perish;
and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, who HAS GIVEN them to Me, is greater than all;
and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30 I and the Father are one.” (IN SPIRITUAL ESSENCE AND NATURE!)

John 17:2-3 ...Jesus' High Priestly Prayer to the Father about Jesus' followers
even as You gave Him authority over all flesh,
that to all whom You "have given" Him,
He MAY GIVE "eternal life".
This is "eternal life",
that they MAY KNOW You, the only true God, and
(KNOW) Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

John 1:12,14 (NIV)
Yet to all who "RECEIVED" him,
to those who "BELIEVED" in His name, (Jesus the Christ)
He gave the right to become CHILDREN of God...

QUESTIONS:
1. Can one lose or give back the completed saving work of Jesus the Divine Messiah? If so, copy and paste supporting verses in context.
2. What must one DO to be saved? UNsaved?
3. Does one need to spiritually discern anything further than John 3 as explained in Ephesians 2 to be saved? Romans 10? Acts 16:31?
4. Is Salvation an EVENT?
5. Is Sanctification a PROCESS?

Underlining and capitalizing words, some of which stem from very horrible translations like the NIV, does not give weight to your soteriology. The Scriptures require interpretation that is illuminated by the Holy Spirit, by the grace of God. I don't know if you are aware of this, but your assurance of salvation doctrine is quite a novel one that was never supported by Christians until merely 5 centuries ago.

2) God saves; we believe, we trust, and we hope in Jesus Christ to receive salvation by grace. However, these things do not exclude repentance. Without repentance, salvation is impossible because true faith is not void of genuine repentance, that is, turning away from evil and wickedness towards the Light of Life, towards living a life pleasing to God, i.e. keeping the commandments according to His gospel. The Lord Himself teaches us that we must do something, and that something is not merely a passive mental assent that He is the Lord and Savior of our souls. No, true faith produces good works, good fruit. But true faith does so not to earn one's salvation because that is impossible. The Lord says, So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. (Luke 17:10) Clearly, He teaches us that even if we lived perfect lives according to all His will, this is but the bare minimum, not a cause to expect a reward, for salvation is a reward. But since we cannot earn it, we must hope for it with faith. Now, to your question, see below from Matthew 25:

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

4) Yes, salvation is an event. Are we in Heaven yet? Has the Master said, "Well done, good and faithful servant...Enter into the joy of your Lord"? No, He has not yet said this. Have you read Philippians 2? Why is Paul pressing toward the mark for the prize of the upward calling of God in Christ Jesus? Why is that same Apostle bringing his body under subjection, lest after preaching to others he might be disqualified (2 Cor)? Nevermind that: Why does the Lord say that those who endure to the end shall be saved? And further, why does He says, "In your patience, possess ye your souls"?

Oh gosh, I don't want to play Bible pingpong with you because you will never want to believe me. People who hold the assurance of salvation doctrine cannot comprehend how it can be possible to be saved by grace through faith and yet not be assured salvation no matter what. In other words, they cannot fathom that they will be the ones knocking on the gates of Heaven saying, "Lord, Lord! Open unto us!" And then the Lord will say, "Depart from Me, you workers of iniquity! I never knew you!" and "There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

5) Yes, sanctification is obviously a process. But do not put limits on God, for if He so willed it, we could arrive to perfection almost instantaneously. Yet, this is most often not His will, as our lives are living proof of that.

• Winner
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Then what is this that He says shortly afterwards?
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of condemnation. (John 5:28-29)

The words have been can also be translated be. It is a translator's preference which one to use. The KJV uses by grace are ye saved. This changes the meaning to a future tense. Or it explains that it is by grace that we are saved. For example, by drinking water, our thirst is quenched. I am not saying that this is the meaning of the passage, but I am saying that you have not expounded the passage to be able to use this prooftext as a means to support your argument. You only prove that God's grace is the means by which we are saved, but not that this has already occurred. In fact, you are not in Heaven yet, are you? You have not finished the race. Have you crossed the finish line and have decided to come back to this horrid place to educate us? How kind of you!

9 And Jesus said to him,

Indeed, for when we repent, our sins are forgiven and the Lord bestows upon us His salvation. But, in my opinion, this seems to contradict your faith without works doctrine since Zaccheus's repentance, which was evidenced by his fourfold recompense to those whom he robbed and distributing the rest of his wealth to the poor, preceded the Lord's grace. There is nothing in this passage that supports the idea that Zaccheus was saved simply for believing that Jesus was Lord and Savior. No, Zaccheus "brought forth fruits worthy of repentance" and then was he deemed a son of Abraham.

What is the point of presenting this scripture? How does it align with your argument that salvation is completed and irrevocable? And why did you neglect the end of that scripture? He does not say simply, "but sinners." Rather, He says, "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

John 3

Why do you neglect the proceeding verses?

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God. (John 3:19-21)

The Lord says that we are judged already because apart from Christ we are condemned. That is the default position of everyone who sins without remorse, without repentance, without any fear of God; such a one hears his conscience say, "Do not murder", but then he proceeds to slay his fellow brother without care for the consequence, knowing what he does is evil. He willingly chooses to stand in the darkness rather than in the light. Therefore, he chooses his judgment by his own free will; that is, knowing that evil will be recompensed by torments in hell, this wicked man willingly accepts his unrighteous wages, death, and is condemned already.

For the rest of your scriptures, I do not care to reply since I have replied to enough. There is plenty to talk about, but I don't want to spend hours typing on this subject.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All citations to Scripture are to the NASB.

The New American Standard Bible is considered by some sources as the most literally translated of major 20th-century English Bible translations[4] According to the NASB's preface, the translators had a "Fourfold Aim" in this work:
  1. These publications shall be true to the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.
  2. They shall be grammatically correct.
  3. They shall be understandable.
  4. They shall give the Lord Jesus Christ His proper place, the place which the Word gives Him; therefore, no work will ever be personalized.[5]
The NASB is an original translation from the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts, based on the same principles of translation,

New American Standard Bible - Wikipedia

Note that all but one citation came from the mouth of Jesus.

Matthew 25 is JESUS' Prophecy of His JUDGMENT of the NATIONS (ethnos = societies). It is not a check list of necessary WORKS by a Man's spirit to make him worthy of Salvation.

Matthew 25:45-46(NASB)
45 Then He will answer them,
‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’
46 These (unbelieving goat NATIONS) will go away into eternal (spiritual) punishment,
but the (believing sheep NATIONS) righteous into eternal (spiritual) life.”

Jesus/God does want not your "on your own" "filthy rags" works....
(SEE: Isaiah 64:6(NASB))
...before you are saved:
FIRST:
BELIEVE unto the Salvation Event
...then...
FOLLOW unto the Sancrification Process.

Can True born again BELIEVERS lose their spiritual POSITION in Christ?

Is the spiritual POSITION of truly saved believers in the heavenly realms NOW? YES!

Psalm 18:35
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great.

Colossians 3:1[ Put On the New Self ]
Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Upvote 0

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All citations to Scripture are to the NASB.

The New American Standard Bible is considered by some sources as the most literally translated of major 20th-century English Bible translations[4] According to the NASB's preface, the translators had a "Fourfold Aim" in this work:
  1. These publications shall be true to the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.
  2. They shall be grammatically correct.
  3. They shall be understandable.
  4. They shall give the Lord Jesus Christ His proper place, the place which the Word gives Him; therefore, no work will ever be personalized.[5]
The NASB is an original translation from the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts, based on the same principles of translation,

New American Standard Bible - Wikipedia

Note that all but one citation came from the mouth of Jesus.

Matthew 25 is JESUS' Prophecy of His JUDGMENT of the NATIONS (ethnos = societies). It is not a check list of necessary WORKS by a Man's spirit to make him worthy of Salvation.

Matthew 25:45-46(NASB)
45 Then He will answer them,
‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’
46 These (unbelieving goat NATIONS) will go away into eternal (spiritual) punishment,
but the (believing sheep NATIONS) righteous into eternal (spiritual) life.”

Jesus/God does want not your "on your own" "filthy rags" works....
(SEE: Isaiah 64:6(NASB))
...before you are saved:
FIRST:
BELIEVE unto the Salvation Event
...then...
FOLLOW unto the Sancrification Process.

Can True born again BELIEVERS lose their spiritual POSITION in Christ?

Is the spiritual POSITION of truly saved believers in the heavenly realms NOW? YES!

Psalm 18:35
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great.

Colossians 3:1[ Put On the New Self ]
Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Sir, you addressed none of my refutations and questions adequately. What is the point of continuing any dialog with you when you essentially say, "LA LA LA, I cant hear you! This is what I think!"

That's no discussion.

• Agree
Reactions: Butch5
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Luke 19 (NASB)....Zaccheus Converted: No works, but he received the gift
19 He entered Jericho and was passing through.
2 And there was a man called by the name of Zaccheus; he was a chief tax collector and he was rich. 3 Zaccheus was trying to see who Jesus was, and was unable because of the crowd, for he was small in stature.
4 So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree in order to see Him, for He was about to pass through that way.
5 When Jesus came to the place, He looked up (saw into his heart?) and said to him,
“Zaccheus, hurry and come down, for today I must stay at your house.”
6 And he hurried and came down and received Him gladly. 7 When they (crowds) saw it, they all began to grumble, saying,
“He has gone to be the guest of a man who is a sinner.” (ain't we all!?)
8 Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord,
“Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I WILL give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything,
I WILL give back four times as much.” (but works and contrite repentance were unnecessary!!)
9 And Jesus said to him,
“Today (the spiritual gift) of salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham.
10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If a person takes the mark of the beast or blasphemes The Holy Spirit they will be Tormented in the lake of Fire Forever. They can say they are saved until they are blue in the face but If they do these things their fate is sealed in The Lake of Fire Forever and will Not be saved.

Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “
If Anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be Tormented With Fire And Brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of Their Torment ascends Forever and Ever; and They have No Rest Day Or Night, Who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.
Revelation 14:9-11

And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, It Will NOT Be Forgiven.
Luke 12:10

Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit Never Has Forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation
Mark 3:28-29

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
John 5:(NASB)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word,
and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal (spiritual) life, and does not come into judgment (of spiritual POSITION), but has passed out of death into life. (out of eternal spiritual separation into eternal spiritual presence)

Two Resurrections

25 Truly, truly, I say to you,
an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God,
and those who hear will live.
26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;
27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
28 Do not marvel at this;
for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth;
those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life,
(SEE: 2 Corinthians 5: 1-15 + 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 + Romans 14:10b,12 (1-23)
those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
(SEE: The Great White Throne SENTENCING / Judgment: Revelation 20:11-15)

Was this prophecy fulfilled?

Matthew 27 (NASB)
50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.
51 And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom;
and the earth shook and the rocks were split.
52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints (saved) who had "fallen asleep" (died) were raised (resurrected?);
53 and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.

54 Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus,
when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said,
“Truly this was the Son of God!”

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John 5:(NASB)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word,
and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal (spiritual) life, and does not come into judgment (of spiritual POSITION), but has passed out of death into life. (out of eternal spiritual separation into eternal spiritual presence)

Two Resurrections

25 Truly, truly, I say to you,
an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God,
and those who hear will live.
26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;
27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
28 Do not marvel at this;
for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth;
those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life,
(SEE: 2 Corinthians 5: 1-15 + 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 + Romans 14:10b,12 (1-23)
those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
(SEE: The Great White Throne SENTENCING / Judgment: Revelation 20:11-15)

Was this prophecy fulfilled?

Matthew 27 (NASB)
50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.
51 And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom;
and the earth shook and the rocks were split.
52 The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints (saved) who had "fallen asleep" (died) were raised (resurrected?);
53 and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.

54 Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus,
when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said,
“Truly this was the Son of God!”

You totally side stepped and evaded The Scriptures that Refute Your Heresy and Opening Post. Why did you do that ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Luke 13....Jesus: Teaching in the Villages: warning UNBELIEVERS
22 And He was passing through from one city and village to another, teaching, and proceeding on His way to Jerusalem.
23 And someone said to Him,
“Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?”
And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door;(Jesus is the narrow gate:below )
for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

25 Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you (UNBELIEVERS) begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up to us!’
then He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know where you are from.’
26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets’;
(useless works / head knowledge)
27 and He will say,
‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from; depart from Me, all you evildoers.’ (UNBELIEVERS)
28 In that place ("lake of fire"?: SEE: Parable of the wheat:tares:Matthew 13: 36-43)
there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves being thrown out.
29 And they (believers) will come from east and west and from north and south, and will recline at the table in the kingdom of God. 30 And behold, some are last who will be first and some are first who will be last.”

Matthew 7:13-14[ The Narrow and Wide Gates ] “Enter through the narrow gate;(JESUS!)
for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Luke 17 (NASB)...Instructions on FAITH
1 He said to His disciples,
“It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come!
2 It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea,
than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble.

3 Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him;
and if he repents, forgive him.
4 And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ forgive him.”

5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”
6 And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a mustard seed, (METAPHORS!!)
you would say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and be planted in the sea’; and it would obey you.

Parable of the Faithful Servant

7 “Which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field,
‘Come immediately and sit down to eat’?
8 But will he not say to him,
‘Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink;(SERVICE!)
and afterward YOU may eat and drink’?
9 He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he?
10 So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say,
‘We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.’”

• We are sinners in need of a Savior and we cannot work our way to heaven.

Upvote 0

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 19 (NASB)....Zaccheus Converted: No works, but he received the gift
19 He entered Jericho and was passing through.
2 And there was a man called by the name of Zaccheus; he was a chief tax collector and he was rich. 3 Zaccheus was trying to see who Jesus was, and was unable because of the crowd, for he was small in stature.
4 So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree in order to see Him, for He was about to pass through that way.
5 When Jesus came to the place, He looked up (saw into his heart?) and said to him,
“Zaccheus, hurry and come down, for today I must stay at your house.”
6 And he hurried and came down and received Him gladly. 7 When they (crowds) saw it, they all began to grumble, saying,
“He has gone to be the guest of a man who is a sinner.” (ain't we all!?)
8 Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord,
“Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I WILL give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything,
I WILL give back four times as much.” (but works and contrite repentance were unnecessary!!)
9 And Jesus said to him,
“Today (the spiritual gift) of salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham.
10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Oh my goodness, man. How silly is your argument. You think that Christ, who is God, who is not bound by time, doesn't count Zaccheus' future actions as things that are equivalent to being completed? How else could a man be guilty of fornication simply for lusting? Do you not think the same applies here for good works? Your argument is a ridiculous one.

Upvote 0

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I perceive that nothing will penetrate your heart. You are convinced of your position and nothing will sway you. You levy kindergarten arguments, utilizing the most elementary literary techniques to fuel your deluded interpretations of the Scriptures. This is a waste of time for all of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Post #14 is ad hominem and contrary to CF rules.

Ron, it's impossible to have any discussion with you based on your kindergarten way of rebuttal. So, you have the right to report me, but I don't think it's worth anyones time to discuss this matter with you.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Now, to your question, see below from Matthew 25:...........................
Surely you are not linking the judgment of the nations to our own judgement. Surely you don't believe that all of the needy people we meet on this earth are Christ's "brethren".

Surely you are not saying that our salvation is based on our treatment of those people - rather than on the work of Jesus Christ at Calvary.

Excuse my calling you Shirley :) - but it appears that you are.

In fact you make a similar theological mistake to those sd reflected in the quote which follows.
In other words, they cannot fathom that they will be the ones knocking on the gates of Heaven saying, "Lord, Lord! Open unto us!" And then the Lord will say, "Depart from Me, you workers of iniquity! I never knew you!" and "There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth...................................."
I never knew you means exactly what it says. He couldn't have been more clear.

He "never" knew these people. He did not know them and then forget them because they didn't live up to His expectations - which is what you are erroneously teaching.

You seem to be intent on teaching salvation by works even at the expense of using scriptures which do not apply to those sealed by His Spirit to supposedly prove you points.
Ron, it's impossible to have any discussion with you based on your kindergarten way of rebuttal. So, you have the right to report me, but I don't think it's worth anyones time to discuss this matter with you.
I have problems with Ron's style and sometimes his content) myself.

But his irritating stylistic way of arguing points in the forum don't hold a candle to your purposeful misuse of certain scripture.

That would be true no matter what bible interpretation you both choose to quote from.

Upvote 0

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surely you are not linking the judgment of the nations to our own judgement. Surely you don't believe that all of the needy people we meet on this earth are Christ's "brethren".

Surely you are not saying that our salvation is based on our treatment of those people - rather than on the work of Jesus Christ at Calvary.

Excuse my calling you Shirley :) - but it appears that you are.

In fact you make a similar theological mistake to those sd reflected in the quote which follows.

I never knew you means exactly what it says. He couldn't have been more clear.

He "never" knew these people. He did not know them and then forget them because they didn't live up to His expectations - which is what you are erroneously teaching.

You seem to be intent on teaching salvation by works even at the expense of using scriptures which do not apply to those sealed by His Spirit to supposedly prove you points.

I have problems with Ron's style and sometimes his content) myself.

But his irritating stylistic way of arguing points in the forum don't hold a candle to your purposeful misuse of certain scripture.

That would be true no matter what bible interpretation you both choose to quote from.

You believe heresies, and somehow you find courage to say I am misinterpreting the scriptures. I am merely echoing what the most holy saints of Christ have said for over 2000 years. Your argument is as novel as the printing press. Away with your falsehoods.

Reactions: Butch5
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You believe heresies, and somehow you find courage to say I am misinterpreting the scriptures. I am merely echoing what the most holy saints of Christ have said for over 2000 years. Your argument is as novel as the printing press. Away with your falsehoods.
What heresies would that be? Be specific please.

Where have I said that you are misinterpreting the scriptures? Be specific please.

What have the most holy saints over 2000 years said which you are echoing? Does that include the most holy saints who reformed the church while stressing salvation by grace though faith alone - such as Calvin and Zwingli?

Are their doctrines (and Paul's doctrines) novel to you? If so - away with your falsehoods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.