Brisbane
✟14,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the parable of the lost sheep, the sheep didn't find its own way back to the fold did it. The shepherd went out and found the one that was lost, put it on his shoulders and returned it to the fold.
In Luke it talks about when Jesus finds the sheep but in Matthew is says if He finds it so the lost sheep may not be brought back into the fold.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Luke it talks about when Jesus finds the sheep but in Matthew is says if He finds it so the lost sheep may not be brought back into the fold.
In Luke it says until he finds the sheep. As the poster quoted Luke I responded to what Luke wrote.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Therefore It's my belief that a person who is truly saved cannot end up in Hell. I do not believe that a person can "lose," or sin away their salvation, but rather, a person can throw it away. You can say that I'm in the camp of, "once saved always save," BUT, like I posted above, you are not forced to keep your salvation, and God will not force you to stay saved either.

There you go. One can Dump their salvation, but it will be waiting.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Love is the greatest thing of all but it does not negate God's justice.

I don't think you are saying that the father is offended by the antics of His children?
I'm sure that love covers all offences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe it is possible for a heaven bound Christian to end up condemned. There are many passages describing this but I believe the parable in Luke 12:42-46 is one of the clearest.

In this parable, the word "manager" is singular, showing that there is only one faithful and wise manager being spoken of. Looking at the verses, we have:

a) V.42 tells us of a faithful and wise manager (obviously a saved man) who is put in charge while the master (Jesus) is away.

b) Vs. 43-44 say that the servant will be rewarded and put in charge of all the master's possessions if the master returns and finds that the servant has remained faithful.

c) Vs. 45-46 then tells us that the same servant will be condemned and assigned a place with the unbelievers (in hell) if the master returns and finds that he is sinning and mistreating the other servants etc.

To say that the servant will be assigned a place with unbelievers makes it obvious that he was a believer initially.

To me, this is one of several parables and passages which clearly show that a Christian can be rewarded or condemned, depending on his actions.

Loss of salvation is a vitally important issue.

What do you think of this parable?
I agree with you christians can turn back, in fact this is a passage that really convinced me of this ideoligy starting out.
1 Timothy 4:1

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;”

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2010
Brisbane
✟14,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But you still don't obey the law, so you saying people should obey it, even though you don't.
The bible says that's a hypocrite.
Christians are under the law of Christ as 1 Cor. 9:21 tells us.

But the issue in question in this OP is our interpretation of Luke 12:42-46. How do you see this parable?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You and I don't read Scripture in the same way.

It's God's faithfulness to me that I rest on; Romans begins and ends talking about 'the obedience of faith' / 'obedience to the faith'. An obedient walk is a characteristic of those who truly believe, not of those who prove - like the person in parable - that they don't really believe and trust at all.

For example: I feel the letters to the churches have were not written to be included in scripture.

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2010
Brisbane
✟14,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you are saying that the father is offended by the antics of His children?
I'm sure that love covers all offences.
I'm not sure what you are saying.

I am saying that God's love is never in doubt but that does not mean He will not display His justice in condemning those who apostatise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you check out the parable you will see that there are two possible results for the servant. Reward or condemnation, depending on his actions.

Another point is that your quote of Phil 1:6 is applicable to the Phillipians as the previous verse makes obvious. Paul is confident because they had continued in the gospel. Confidence is not assurance.
"If you check out the parable you will see that there are two possible results for the servant. Reward or condemnation, depending on his actions."

Based on your idea of "condemnation", what you are basically saying is that everyone has a knife at their back and a gun at their head!

Judging from the rest of Scripture: do you really think that that is true?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2010
Brisbane
✟14,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Based on your idea of "condemnation", what you basically saying is that everyone has a knife at their back and a gun at their head!

Judging from the rest of Scripture: do you really think that that is true?
Sorry, but I haven't a clue what you are trying to say. I may be a bit slow but you have gone over my head.

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christians are under the law of Christ as 1 Cor. 9:21 tells us.

But the issue in question in this OP is our interpretation of Luke 12:42-46. How do you see this parable?
If you put it in I would have looked at it, since your new you should post the verses and where they are.
Luke 18 verse 9
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable:

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you still don't obey the law, so you saying people should obey it, even though you don't.
The bible says that's a hypocrite.
I like how Paul said it to Peter who quoted himself talking to Peter in Galatians 2:14b: I(Paul) said to Cephas(Peter) in the presence of all, “If you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles and not like the Jews, how is it that you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews?`

Upvote 0