Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only God knows. Anyway they will all come up at the end of the thousand years in the second resurrection. God will place his spirit in them and they will be reconciled to God and to the rest of Israel.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only God knows. Anyway they will all come up at the end of the thousand years in the second resurrection. God will place his spirit in them and they will be reconciled to God and to the rest of Israel.

But they didn't accept Jesus as the son of God, so on one hand, would they not be saved?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But they didn't accept Jesus as the son of God, so on one hand, would they not be saved?

They haven't committed the unforgivable sin, which is rejecting Christ after having believed and enjoyed the fruits of that belief.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im sorry, just need to chime in here. This is a theological view only shared by a certain group. The early church did not see it this way at all. If what you say is true, then Judas will be saved as well as many who rejected Jesus Christ of Nazareth. There is an alternative view to this and I will share it in my next post.
Be blessed

• Agree
Reactions: solid_core
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They haven't committed the unforgivable sin, which is rejecting Christ after having believed and enjoyed the fruits of that belief.
I am sorry this make so sense at all. The unforgivable sin is to sin until death which means, rejection of Jesus Christ of Nazareth till the day you die basically, die in unbelief. Your a bit confusing here.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Im sorry, just need to chime in here. This is a theological view only shared by a certain group. The early church did not see it this way at all. If what you say is true, then Judas will be saved as well as many who rejected Jesus Christ of Nazareth. There is an alternative view to this and I will share it in my next post.
Be blessed

Neither Judas or the other disciples had received the Holy Spirit indwelling at that time.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am sorry this make so sense at all. The unforgivable sin is to sin until death which means, rejection of Jesus Christ of Nazareth till the day you die basically, die in unbelief. Your a bit confusing here.
Blessings.

I encourage you to research this fully using all the relative bible verses and narratives.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think Anne Frank and the Jews persecuted in the Holocaust went to heaven? Did God pity them? Did any of them come to Christ during that time?
God knows the heart of each and every one of us. If anyone rejects the Gospel scripture clearly tells us what the consequence is. Some of course are ignorant to the Gospel however many just flatly reject Jesus Christ of Nazareth. God laid judgment on Jerusalem in 70AD which completely destroyed the temple and the Aaronic Priesthood. No longer does God recognize the forgiveness of sin through this system. The only choice is the Messiah, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. So back to your question, only God knows the heart of man while he is ALIVE not after death.
Be blessed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say they have to believe Jesus to be "the son of God" to go to heaven?
Many verses here is one:
Romans 10: 9-10
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Many verses here is one:
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Strangely added long after this was written…

Deuteronomy 4:2 (NIV)

Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Strangely added long after this was written…

Deuteronomy 4:2 (NIV)

Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.
You do realize we are under the "New Covenant".
Blessings

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Anne Frank and the other victims of the holocaust is my go-to example for exposing the cognitive dissonance of the typical Christian belief in hell. According to most of them, they've been suffering constantly, in pain worse than we can imagine, for about eighty years now. Men, women, children, old, disabled and so forth. The only thing they have in common is that they didn't confess Jesus as their personal Lord and saviour.

The cognitive dissonance here, of course, is that they're trying to hold two completely and fundamentally contradictory statements as true at the same time. It's not about intricate biblical exegesis or fancy theological arguments or anything of the sort. It's simple:

A) God gives people what they deserve when they die
-OR-
B) some people will be tormented forever.

There is simply no way both can be true. Not a chance. When faced with such a blatant contradiction, I think the responsible thing is to try and figure out which one is wrong, rather than unsuccessfully pretending as if none of them is.

(And to make matters worse, a lot of Christians would replace "some people" in example B with "the vast majority of people who ever lived.)

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Do you think Anne Frank and the Jews persecuted in the Holocaust went to heaven? Did God pity them? Did any of them come to Christ during that time?
Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness.

Anyone who believes God gets the same as Abraham.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Neither Judas or the other disciples had received the Holy Spirit indwelling at that time.

Excluding Judas, they might not have been filled with the Spirit, but they were born of the Holy Spirit as were all the OT saints.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Many verses here is one:

You do realise that Paul was writing these two verses to the saints in Rome, not unbelievers.
The salvation here is not about heaven when you're dead, but deliverance from "philistine, famine and plague", just like in the OT.

For some reason, theologians falsely gave the word "salvation" a whole new meaning when it went from OT to NT.

Upvote 0