Salvation depends not on human will nor exertion, but it depends on God Only (Romans 9:16).

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But all of this has to be understood in the context of other Scripture, which are also relevant.

So that Hebrews 6:4-6 would always take priority over 2 Peter 3:9.

No one can be saved if they have violated the Covenant of Jesus Christ - IMPOSSIBLE literally means impossible in the English language. Hebrews 6:4-6

Oh, BTW - You haven't told me exactly how I have broken the covenant.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. There is no "priority" of 1 verse of Scripture over another. The truths of the Bible are harmonious.

Q: Can a true believer lose his salvation because of ANY sin after Salvation??

A: NO!

Can True born again BELIEVERS lose their spiritual POSITION in Christ?

Can a Christian Lose His Salvation?

Willful Sin after Salvation and Eternal Security

Work Out Your Own Salvation

Q2: ....violated the "Covenant of Jesus Christ"...??

A2: Please explain. That term does not appear in the Bible or orthodox writings.

SEE:
What is the New Covenant?

New Covenant - Wikipedia

Q3: What other verses than : Hebrews 6:4-6
clearly state or imply that I can lose my salvation?

Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, BTW - You haven't told me exactly how I have broken the covenant.
By not adhering to the conditions prescribed by Luke 10:28 and Romans 10:9 - Which is the basis of the new covenant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Or they should be banned because they don't bow down to you and your understanding of Scripture.
Right, I think you should bow since you are clearly inferior to Jesus Christ the King of kings:-

Philippians 2

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Major1, Good questions and I will be more that happy to respond to you.

As A Bible believer, all I can do is accept and follow what it says. That is the starting point for me and It makes NO difference to me what a Lutheran, Or Catholic or Baptist or anything else says, IT IS ONLY what the Scriptures say.

"This IS my Body...This IS my Blood. Seems they are very, very clear about the fact that the bread and wine were changed into the Body and Blood of our Lord."

That being said.....You are correct. I can not accept Transubstantiation as is it NOT taught in the Scriptures.

First of all, I am not Roman Catholic, so I don't discuss Transubstantiation. I am Orthodox. We believe the same thing, except we refer to the change in the bread and wine as "The Holy Mysteries." We don't try to define everything in the scholastic manner that the Roman Church has done.

That said, I just showed you that Jesus Himself said "This is my Body." Your argument is not with me.

Transubstantiation is solely a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church. The Catechism of the Catholic Church defined this doctrine in section 1376.

That says that the Roman Catholic Church teaches that once an ordained priest blesses the bread of the Lord's Supper, it is transformed into the actual flesh of Christ; and when he blesses the wine, it is transformed into the actual blood of Christ. Is such a concept biblical? It is not.

Now, can anyone take Bible verses and MAKE them say that? YES THEY CAN!

The Scriptures most frequently used to do that is John 6:32-58 and especially verses 53-57........ “Jesus said to them, ‘I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life … For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him … so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.’”

Myself and those who reject the idea of transubstantiation interpret Jesus’ words in John 6:53-57 as figuratively or symbolically. SO then, WHO is correct??

That is not what Jesus was saying there. You are using this as an excuse not to believe. Lets look at the verse you are using for your defense:

Jhn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

What Jesus is saying here is that the flesh, i.e., those who are hearing with the ears of the flesh, cannot understand this. Those who hear with the ears of the Spirit of God will understand that He meant exactly what He said.

This is why the Apostles taught that the Eucharist is His Flesh and Blood, because they were being led and taught by the Spirit of God as promised in John 16:13. Do you not think it odd that for 1500 years, this was the standard understanding until the Protestant Reformation came along and denied it? There was NO UNDERSTANDING like that of Protestantism for 1500 years. That alone should cause you to have serious pause. Was the Church wrong for 1500 years until the Protestants corrected them? If so, what happened to the promise of John 16:13? Was it just -- *poof* -- so much thin air and smoke?

How can we know which interpretation is correct?

By following the Church and what She has taught since the very beginning. Are you smarter than 2,000 years of Christians? I certainly am not, and I study the Early Fathers now constantly to be corrected.

Thankfully, Jesus made it exceedingly obvious what He meant. Jn. 6:63 declares.......
“The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.”

Jesus specifically stated that His words are “spirit.” Jesus was using physical concepts, eating and drinking, to teach spiritual truth.
Just as consuming physical food and drink sustains our physical bodies, so are our spiritual lives saved and built up by spiritually receiving Him, by grace through faith. Eating Jesus’ flesh and drinking His blood are symbols of fully and completely receiving Him in our lives.

Not at all. To have Christ's very own energies enter into us is what gives us life. Life does not come from merely having good thoughts about God. The devils have good thoughts (i.e. correct doctrine) about God and Christ and they have not life. True life comes from UNION WITH CHRIST, not from intellectualism. This is the teaching of the Church and it is correct. No union, no life. Union is real, not intellectual. It is sustained by His very energies uniting to ours to empower us. And it is a real foretaste of the eternal state and being eternally united to Him.

The Scriptures declare that the Lord's Supper is a memorial to the body and blood of Christ in Luke 22:19 and 1 Corth. 11:24-25 and not the actual consumption of His physical body and blood. When Jesus was speaking in John chapter 6, Jesus had not yet had the Last Supper with His disciples, in which He instituted the Lord’s Supper. To read the Lord’s Supper / Christian Communion back into John chapter 6 is unwarranted and not correct exegesis.

Then why did the Church teach this from the very beginning. You have absolutely NO - and I mean ZERO proof - that the Church had any other understanding than that of the Eucharist being Christ's very Flesh and Blood.

Then you stated..........
"And then there are whole issues of Christ's nature and being. Two natures in one Person or one divine nature overriding the human nature? The Bible is mute on that, isn't it?"

Again, I can not agree with you and what you are saying is not Biblical. It may be denominational teaching and in fact the Jehovah Witnesses and Christian Science people believe what you staed.

YOU and everyone else needs to understand this BASIC Christian teaching that comes from the Word of God. Jesus IS THE Christ and He is the most important person who has ever lived since he is the Savior, God in human flesh. If He wasn't then YOU and me my friend are not saved from our sin and we are going to the lake of fire.

Jesus is not half God and half man. He is fully divine and fully man. He is 100% God and 100% man. That means Jesus has two distinct NATURES: divine and human. Jesus is the Word who was God and was with God and was made flesh.

That is not the point. The Bible is not at all clear about the natures of Christ and how they exist. If it was clear, the Monophysite, Monothellite, and other heresies regarding His nature would never have come into play. You could have read the Bible and found out about this. It was the Church that defined the proper understanding in councils which were called to combat heresies.

John 1:1 says............
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word WAS with God and the Word WAS God".

John 1:14...................
"And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

Whether YOU personally accept that and believe that is completely up to you because your rejection does not remove that as Bible fact. What this actually means Biblically and theologically is that in the single person of Jesus he has both a human and divine nature, God and man. The divine nature was not changed when the Word became flesh just as the Scriptures tell us.

Instead, the Word was joined with humanity as Paul confirms in Col. 2:9..........

"For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily!"

Is that what YOUR Bible says my friend????

Jesus' divine nature was not altered. Also, Jesus is not merely a man who "had God within Him," nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle." He is God in flesh, second person of the Trinity.

Hebrews 1:3 goes on to verify exactly that when it says.....
"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word."

Jesus' two natures are not "mixed together" as is taught by Eutychianism, nor are they combined into a new God-man nature ( as taught by Monophysitism.
They are separate yet act as a unit in the one person of Jesus. This is called the HYPOSTATIC UNION.

So you see, MY understanding is based in the Bible and NOT in any denomination theology. Thanks for asking and I hope this helps your understanding.

Baloney, sir! The Bible is totally without comment on how the two natures of Christ reside in the one, single Body of our Lord. Don't try to tell me that the Bible says anything other than Jesus is the pre-existent Word of the Father. This is special pleading, and it doesn't work with me. You are making claims that were simply unknown to the first four centuries of Christians and had to be worked out in councils, some of which were quite rancorous over these very issues. You are standing on the shoulders of giants when you make these correct statements. They are correct, but they are not anywhere in the Bible! Please don't try to confuse the teaching of Christ's divinity with that of the Hypostatic Union because they are not the same and the HU is not in the Bible anywhere.

It is very clear that your ability to copy and paste is a lot better thanyour ability to actually read the Bible and learn what it says.

You said.............
"Please don't try to confuse the teaching of Christ's divinity with that of the Hypostatic Union because they are not the same and the HU is not in the Bible anywhere".

How very sad for you to be so uniformed on such a prominent Bible issue. Some of the Scriptures which you calim do not exist are..................

John 1:14 ................
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Colossians 2:9
For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Romans 1:4
And was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Romans 9:5
To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

John 20:28
Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,

John 10:30
I and the Father are one.”

John 8:58 ES
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:13
No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

John 1:3
All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Luke 2:7
And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.

Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

My suggestion to you would be to spend more time in actual Bible study and less time on Forum web sites so that you could better understand what it is that you are talking about.

Happy New Year my friend!

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is very clear that your ability to copy and paste is a lot better thanyour ability to actually read the Bible and learn what it says.

You said.............
"Please don't try to confuse the teaching of Christ's divinity with that of the Hypostatic Union because they are not the same and the HU is not in the Bible anywhere".

How very sad for you to be so uniformed on such a prominent Bible issue. Some of the Scriptures which you calim do not exist are..................

John 1:14 ................
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Colossians 2:9
For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Romans 1:4
And was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Romans 9:5
To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

John 20:28
Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,

John 10:30
I and the Father are one.”

John 8:58 ES
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:13
No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

John 1:3
All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Luke 2:7
And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.

Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

My suggestion to you would be to spend more time in actual Bible study and less time on Forum web sites so that you could better understand what it is that you are talking about.

Happy New Year my friend!

And a Happy and Blessed New Year to you also!

Look, we both know that the Scriptures teach that Christ is God. But they also teach that He is "lesser than the Father" (i.e., the Father is greater than I) and it took a council (Nicea AD 325 to put this definition on paper. That was my point.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually, real history says that Plato is the originator of the false teaching of Purgatory.

Eastern Christians don't teach Purgatory as a place either, but what about 1 Corinthians 3: 10 - 15 regarding the purging of Christians that they may be pure before the Lord?

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eastern Christians don't teach Purgatory as a place either, but what about 1 Corinthians 3: 10 - 15 regarding the purging of Christians that they may be pure before the Lord?

I would say that the Scriptures you suggest from 1 Corth. 3 are probably the most quoted from those who what there to be a Purgatory.

When YOU read them do YOU find that Purgatory exists in those Scriptures. Is the word Purgatory found? Is there a suggestion that YOU personally accept as a doctrine called Purgatory?

I for one do not see Purgatory there. There is nothing said about purging ones sin or being forgiven or doing something to remove any sins. If that is what you see then fine with me.

What I see is Two kinds of STEWARDSHIP and their results. The CONTEXT of the chapter is NOT Christian conduct at all but instead it is about the doctrine of teachers and ministers. We must not overlook the fact that the principles laid down here are applicable to all Christian conduct and service.

The materials Paul lists are comprised of two clases;
1) will endure fire.
2). things that fire will consume.

Do not take my word for this,...YOU open your Bible and read those vrses for yourself.

IMO the different materials mentioned here represent a variety of teaching and works by the builders on God's foundation. In the divine estimate their teaching and ministry either ADDS to the building and its value, or it is WORTHLESS.

Gold, Silver and preciouse stones are costly and valuable and last a long time. But hay, wood and stubble are worthless in the scope of time. Would you agree with that my friend?

The doctrines of Christianity center in Christ and pure Bible doctrine serves to form the character of those people who make up the local church. Pure Bible doctrine produces believers who conform to Christ. The ministers who rightly divide the Word of Truth will propduce this effect in edifying the believers in his church. The value and results of such preaching or teaching is represented here as GOLD, SILVER and PRECIOUS STONES.

WOOD, HAY, and STUBBLE are nothing but imitations of pure Bible doctrine. They are in effect worthless. Wood, hay and stubble symbolize anything subversive to the truth--doctrinally or in works. Any program set up through the wisdom of men, will be wordly and carnal and will eventually detract from the power of the Word of God which is the power of the Gospel that brings salvation.

Accept it or reject but that is my opinion on the Scriptures from 1 Corth. you asked about and NO,
there is nothing in them to suggest Purgatory......unless that is what you want them to say.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And a Happy and Blessed New Year to you also!

Look, we both know that the Scriptures teach that Christ is God. But they also teach that He is "lesser than the Father" (i.e., the Father is greater than I) and it took a council (Nicea AD 325 to put this definition on paper. That was my point.

I am sorry but I can not agree with your thesis.

The Scriptures actually teach us that Jesus is God and Man.

Please remember that I do not care who said what or what council said this or that. PLEASE save your time typing out those words to me as I do not care!

I only care what Scriptures says my dear friend. What you are pointing out is nothing more than a lack of Bible study and I am not saying that in any way to disrespect you or what you know so please do not take that in a personal way. It is a general comment that applies to a lot of people.

The question then becomes how can Jesus be equal to God when by His own admission He is subservient to the will of God? The answer to this question lies within the nature of the incarnation.

The doctrine of the incarnation says that the second Person of the Trinity took on human flesh. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, Jesus was fully human and “made lower than the angels.” However, Jesus is fully divine, too. By taking on human nature, Jesus did not relinquish His divine nature—and here my friend is the KEY.....God cannot stop being God.

So then how do we reconcile the fact that the second Person of the Trinity is fully divine yet fully human and by definition “lower than the angels”? The answer to that question can be found in Philippians 2:5-11.........
"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is LORD, to the glory of God the Father.

All that says that when the second Person of the Trinity (Jesus) took on human form, something amazing occurred. Christ “made himself nothing.” This phrase has generated more ink than almost any other phrase in the Bible. In essence, what it means is that Jesus voluntarily relinquished the prerogative of freely exercising His divine attributes and subjected Himself to the will of the Father while on earth.

All three members (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) are essentially equal; i.e., they are all divine in nature. However, in the grand plan of redemption, they play certain roles, and these roles define authority and subservience. The Father commands the Son, and the Father and the Son command the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, the fact that the Son took on a human nature and made Himself subservient to the Father in no way denies the deity of the Son, nor does it diminish His essential equality with the Father. The “greatness” spoken of in this verse, then, relates to role, not to essence.
If Jesus was God, why did He say "The Father is greater than I" in John 14:28?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Accept it or reject but that is my opinion on the Scriptures from 1 Corth. you asked about and NO, there is nothing in them to suggest Purgatory......unless that is what you want them to say.

The point of salvation is the restoration of that which was lost in the Garden. The original plan was that God created man to be little gods and to bear His nature. What Jesus is by nature we become by grace. The whole purpose of the Christian life is the changing of ourselves into little Christs, that is, we become like Him in love and holiness.

Now if we die without being perfectly like Him in all but His very essence (which never happens - God is always transcendent to His Creation and His creatures) then something has to change. What has to change is that we are purged of our sinfulness. The purging is like a refiner's fire.

Dr. Alexander Kalomiros wrote a nice paper about this: The River of Fire - Kalomiros - Glory to God for All Things in which he describes the effect on the soul of coming in to the presence of Christ. Scripture states that our God is a burning fire. That fire is the passionate love of God for all His Creation, the same passionate love which exists between the three Persons of the Blessed Trinity.

So what do you think happens when we come into the presence of God's fiery love and still have sins on our soul or a sinful inclination to our nature? Nothing? Tish, tish, really? No! The fire burns away all that is not like Christ. Our meeting of Christ's love is like steel being put in fire. The steel becomes like the fire without becoming the fire. We are filled with that fiery love, and those parts of us that are not in sync with the love of Christ will suffer pain as they are changed into His likeness.

That is purgation...and everyone is going to have a measure of it. You, too!

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Scriptures actually teach us that Jesus is God and Man.

Yes, that is true. Yet the JW's will go to the Scriptures to show those verses in which they say that Jesus is lesser than the Father and therefore not God. They are wrong, of course, but they use the same arguments from Scripture as the first sola scripturist did, the heretic Arias. My point is to try to show you that your plea to the perspicuity of Scriptures has no basis. Scripture is far from clear in many points, and therefore, there must be a final arbitrator of what the true meaning is. From the thousands of "churches" and hundreds of doctrines, all claiming to be from the Scriptures, we see this idea of "following the Bible alone" simply cannot be true.

Please remember that I do not care who said what or what council said this or that. PLEASE save your time typing out those words to me as I do not care!

But you should care. These are men who met together under the authority that Christ gave them to determine the truths of great doctrines which we take for granted today. And it is a tad hypocritical for you to say this when you follow the teaching of some man who existed centuries later. For instance, if you are a Methodist, you follow Wesley and his teachings. Calvinist, John Calvin. Lutheran, Martin Luther. Fundamentalist, Bob Jones (or one of dozens of other Fundamentalists)

So why follow them and ignore what the very first Christians said who were closer to Christ and the Apostles and who actually determined many of the truths which you follow today?

I only care what Scriptures says my dear friend. What you are pointing out is nothing more than a lack of Bible study and I am not saying that in any way to disrespect you or what you know so please do not take that in a personal way. It is a general comment that applies to a lot of people.

I can prove everything I believe from the Bible, including the Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary as the New Eve. I wouldn't have converted if I couldn't do that. I was quite happy as a Calvinist. But again, my point to you is that what you say the Bible says is an interpretation which contradicts what 2,000 years of Christians have taught from the beginning. Doesn't that fact at least bother you a tad? It did me when I found it out.

All that says that when the second Person of the Trinity (Jesus) took on human form, something amazing occurred. Christ “made himself nothing.” This phrase has generated more ink than almost any other phrase in the Bible. In essence, what it means is that Jesus voluntarily relinquished the prerogative of freely exercising His divine attributes and subjected Himself to the will of the Father while on earth.

Was His human nature then subsumed into the divine nature? Yes or no.

All three members (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) are essentially equal; i.e., they are all divine in nature. However, in the grand plan of redemption, they play certain roles, and these roles define authority and subservience. The Father commands the Son, and the Father and the Son command the Holy Spirit.

This is known as the Monarchical view of the Father.

Therefore, the fact that the Son took on a human nature and made Himself subservient to the Father in no way denies the deity of the Son, nor does it diminish His essential equality with the Father. The “greatness” spoken of in this verse, then, relates to role, not to essence.

I totally understand and agree. It is the JW's, Mormons, and other Arian types who don't get that.

Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
answer to the OP:
Wrong.
God Spiritually draws and calls the spirits of all men. Men must then accept or reject the invitation to Gracious salvation
But again, this is wishful thinking - A fallacy and incorrect premise - and unsupported by Scripture, which is automatically null and void.

However, Scripture tells us that salvation depends Not on human will or exertion, but on God who shows mercy - Since Yahweh has the final word as to whether or not you are saved, and it's useless for you to resist Almighty God who is Sovereign over his creation. Romans 9:16

By definition, the evidence of Scripture trumps mere opinion, such as your opinion.

However, if your own viewpoint is different from God's viewpoint then one of you must be incorrect, but it stands to reason that YOU are the one who is wrong Not God!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. There is no "priority" of 1 verse of Scripture over another. The truths of the Bible are harmonious.

Q: Can a true believer lose his salvation because of ANY sin after Salvation??

A: NO!

Can True born again BELIEVERS lose their spiritual POSITION in Christ?

Can a Christian Lose His Salvation?

Willful Sin after Salvation and Eternal Security

Work Out Your Own Salvation

Q2: ....violated the "Covenant of Jesus Christ"...??

A2: Please explain. That term does not appear in the Bible or orthodox writings.

SEE:
What is the New Covenant?

New Covenant - Wikipedia

Q3: What other verses than : Hebrews 6:4-6
clearly state or imply that I can lose my salvation?
But this is nothing more than your own opinion, which is worthless compared to the wisdom, insight, and knowledge by the Holy Spirit.

Also, the Bible makes it clear that Jesus has the same wisdom, insight, and knowledge as the Holy Spirit, which takes priority over the man made citations you've provided. John 14:26

Such is the Supreme authority of the Son of God in regards to his interpretation of Scripture - Which is based on the wisdom, insight, and knowledge of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:18

Also, there is no other way to be saved except through LORD Jesus Christ and the new covenant of Christ - John 14:6 - And God has the final say as to whether or not you are saved. Romans 9:16

However, if your own viewpoint is different from God's viewpoint then one of you must be incorrect, but it stands to reason that YOU are the one who is wrong Not God!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But again, this is wishful thinking - A fallacy and incorrect premise - and unsupported by Scripture, which is automatically null and void.

However, Scripture tells us that salvation depends Not on human will or exertion, but on God who shows mercy - Since Yahweh has the final word as to whether or not you are saved, and it's useless for you to resist Almighty God who is Sovereign over his creation. Romans 9:16

By definition, the evidence of Scripture trumps mere opinion, such as your opinion.

None of this even matters in the end from a practical standpoint unless a person can know, with 100% certainty that they, exclusively, are saved, numbered among the elect, will persevere, are written in the Book of Life.

Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
None of this even matters in the end from a practical standpoint unless a person can know, with 100% certainty that they, exclusively, are saved, numbered among the elect, will persevere, are written in the Book of Life.
But surely, God would always know although s/he may not know it?

What good is it to persevere when God himself is giving his honest assessment that s/he doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance of being saved?

But if God told you to "beat it" why would you strive with your Maker knowing that the end result would still be the same? Matthew 7:21, 23

How could they not know with 100% certainty since God cannot lie, but would always give an honest assessment of each individual?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But surely, God would always know although s/he may not know it?

What good is it to persevere when God himself is giving his honest assessment that s/he doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance of being saved?

But if God told you to "beat it" why would you strive with your Maker knowing that the end result would still be the same? Matthew 7:21, 23

How could they not know with 100% certainty since God cannot lie, but would always give an honest assessment of each individual?
But this sounds like putting the cart ahead of the horse. If we don't know what God knows, then it's merely a subjective opinion of ours that any particular Scripture verse or passage pertains undeniably to ourselves.

Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But this sounds like putting the cart ahead of the horse. If we don't know what God knows, then it's merely a subjective opinion of ours that any particular Scripture verse or passage pertains undeniably to ourselves.
But HOW can Jesus not know the heart and mind of God if indeed he is the Son of God - In other words, God the Son who is "God himself in the flesh" - Since the Father generates and directs the Son? John 14:7

Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No offense to you my spirit brother, but whom do you believe God will have mercy upon? Those who hate and despise him, or those who love and adore him in spirit and truth? Of course, God loves all of us and wants to save us all, but he will definitely punish the wicked and evil; else why is the reason for hell?
But WHO is God?

And do you consider hell to be eternal, a permanent state of affairs?

Upvote 0