Dublin
✟15,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
The question is, what must a person do to be saved? This question of course addresses sinners as well as Christians. Let's not forget that we are talking about Salvation for the times we are currently in.
Dispensation of Grace.
Any takes on this and please provide scripture to solidify your answer.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

Eternal Life like salvation has always been the same from Adam/Eve to now and to the last human ever born.

Faith/belief in Jesus the Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation. When a person believes in Jesus they cross over from death to life and becomes a permanent born again child of God..

What does it mean to believe in Jesus believe that He is the promised Messiah from the prophecies of The Tanakh, that he Jesus is the resurrection and the life.

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

John 3:14,15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is
condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only
begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

John 5:24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

John 6:47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believe in Me has everlasting life.

John 11:25,26,27
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

John 20:31
but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The question is, what must a person do to be saved? This question of course addresses sinners as well as Christians. Let's not forget that we are talking about Salvation for the times we are currently in.
Dispensation of Grace.
There is no dispensation of grace because God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and graciousness is an eternal aspect of God's nature that He showed throughout both the OT and the NT. For example, in Psalms 119:29-30, David wanted to put false ways far from him, for God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law, and he chose the way of faithfulness, so this has always been the one and only way of salvation by grace through faith. In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him His way that he might know Him and Israel too, in 1 Kings 2:1-3, God taught how to walk in His way through His law, and in John 17:3, eternal life is knowing God and Jesus, which again is salvation by grace through faith. In Genesis 6:8-9, Noah found grace in the eyes of God and he was a righteous man, so he was declared righteous by grace through faith in the same way as Abraham (Genesis 15:6) and the same way as everyone else. In Romans 1;5, we have received grace in order to bring about the obedience of faith, and in Titus 2:11-14, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so God graciously teaching us to obey His law is itself the content of His gift of salvation.

Furthermore, whether someone has the content of God's gift of salvation makes it clear whether or not they are being saved. Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so while we do not earn our salvation as a wage as the result of obeying God's law (Romans 4:1-5), living in obedience to it is nevertheless intrinsically the content of the gift of Jesus saving us from not living in obedience to it, which is why Paul also said that only doers of the law will be justified (Romans 2:13). For example, keeping the Sabbath holy is intrinsically part of the concept of Jesus saving us from not keeping the Sabbath holy.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dispensation of Grace.

Hebrews 11:1 – “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”

It's not "how do we get to heaven" (that would be works) .... it's are we fit (being fit for heaven) .... are we being sanctified by the Lord ..... are we being changed.

Through faith, and in total dependence upon God, we are changed by the power of God working in us, to cleanse us, to purge us of sin, so that the character of Christ is formed within us.

Sanctification (by the Lord) is an earthly life time process ..... that is .... are we trending away from sin .... or towards it is the question to ask.

“You shall consecrate yourselves there, and be holy; for I am the LORD your God. You shall keep My statutes and do them. I am the LORD who sanctifies you."

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dispensation of Grace.
Love Him and you will be baptized with His Holy Spirit. Blessings.
"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dispensation of Grace.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
King James Version

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear (reverence) God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

“Grace is unmerited favor, and the believer is justified without any merit of his own, without any claim to offer to God. He is justified through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, who stands in the courts of heaven as the sinner’s substitute and surety.

His grace has always been and promised since the fall of mankind .... Christ has provided the way .... He did everything needed .... all the promises are Yes and amen in Him.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Dispensation of Grace.

What do I do? Nothing. The only thing I bring to the table is my sin, shame, and wretchedness. It is God alone who gives everything and does everything, including giving me the faith to trust and believe.

Salvation, in every generation, has always been God rescuing us sinners out of His grace and compassion toward us; which He has done and accomplished through Jesus Christ. By His righteous obedience, His death, and resurrection has secured salvation for the whole world.

And this God gives us entirely and freely out of His kindness and grace, which we receive through faith.

As for the Scripture to back this up, I'd say all of it. But here are a couple of references:

Ephesians 2:1-9, Romans 5:1-21, Titus 3:4-7, 2 Timothy 1:8-10,

And God, out of His great love for us sinners, has ensured that there is no shortage of means of grace by which He continually, constantly, and freely declares us forgiven for Christ's sake. In Lutheranism we refer to this as "Word and Sacrament". In our baptism (Romans 6:3-4, Colossians 2:12-13, Galatians 3:27, 1 Peter 3:21, Mark 16:16), in the Lord's Supper (John 6:48-51, 1 Corinthians 10:16-18), in Confession and Absolution (John 20:20-21, 1 John 1:9), in the preaching of the Gospel (Ephesians 1:13), in the hearing and reading of the Scriptures; wherever God's word is proclaimed, wherever the Gospel is boldly announced, God is at work giving and working and strengthening faith (Romans 10:17), and His word does not fail (Isaiah 55:11).

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0