San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmm well concerning your OP I don't think said man could possibly do scenario 1 or 2 if he was truly saved.

1 John 3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hypothetical:

Suppose a man hears the gospel, believes in it 100% and that day asks Jesus to be his saviour.

A) What if later in his life this same man commits adultery 20 times, rapes 100 people and murders 20 people and then kills himself.

B) what if the man did not do the above but 50 years later he denies Jesus as his saviour and converts to another religion

God cannot lie and in John 3:16, Jesus says that the man will not perish but will have everlasting life.

Does that mean the man in both circumstances will die and go to heaven?
You failed to realize that eternal life through Jesus Christ is a gift from God... All gifts are free, and all gifts can be rejected.

Stop listening to seminarians, they are more confused about the plain truth than even the most neophyte true-followers of Christ.

Keep the faith, and you will be saved, period.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hypothetical:

Suppose a man hears the gospel, believes in it 100% and that day asks Jesus to be his saviour.

A) What if later in his life this same man commits adultery 20 times, rapes 100 people and murders 20 people and then kills himself.

That makes me think that his "conversion" wasn't real.

B) what if the man did not do the above but 50 years later he denies Jesus as his saviour and converts to another religion

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us. (1 John 2:19)

Does that mean the man in both circumstances will die and go to heaven?

No.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you want to do your lust, live like all the world live, no matter no one of them is saved and still be saved?
No. But isn’t it our belief on Jesus that saves us and not our good works? Our works are like filthy rags and will always come short of perfection.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No. But isn’t it our belief on Jesus that saves us and not our good works? Our works are like filthy rags and will always come short of perfection.
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.
— 1 Peter 1:1-2

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that the devil "believes" in Jesus?
You didn’t admit you misquoted scripture.
No. He doesn’t believe on Jesus as his saviour. That’s what is needed to be saved and the devil is not saved, nor his demons, nor Muslims, nor JWs.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You didn’t admit you misquoted scripture.
No. He doesn’t believe on Jesus as his saviour. That’s what is needed to be saved and the devil is not saved, nor his demons, nor Muslims, nor JWs.
The misquote is irrelevant to the point because the scripture is talking about faith is dead without deeds. Not that we are saved by works. Rather, works are a fruit of our salvation. The point is that many people believe in Jesus...including Satan. But merely believing in the existence doesn't grant you salvation. Further, "savior" is a title that describes something that Jesus did...He saves. "Lord" is a title that describes WHO Jesus is. Do you u understand the difference.

Therefore, if someone claims to have accepted Jesus as their Savior but refused to acknowledge Him as Lord....they are worshiping a Jesus of their own design and not Jesus for who He really is. Before God is kind, merciful, and loving, He is Holy, Righteous, and Just. I guarantee you that every single soul that has ever been cast into Hell was loved by God more than we could ever imagine. In fact, when Jesus comes again He isn't going to be the smiling "kids on His lap" type. No! He is going to be riding a white horse with his cape drenched in the blood of the wicked!

Remember this:
To fear the Lord is to know the Lord.
To know the Lord is to love the Lord.
To love the Lord is to obey the Lord.

I would also encourage you to read Galatians 5 regarding waking in the flesh and walking in the spirit and tell me what you think.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The misquote is irrelevant to the point because the scripture is talking about faith is dead without deeds. Not that we are saved by works. Rather, works are a fruit of our salvation. The point is that many people believe in Jesus...including Satan. But merely believing in the existence doesn't grant you salvation. Further, "savior" is a title that describes something that Jesus did...He saves. "Lord" is a title that describes WHO Jesus is. Do you u understand the difference.

Therefore, if someone claims to have accepted Jesus as their Savior but refused to acknowledge Him as Lord....they are worshiping a Jesus of their own design and not Jesus for who He really is. Before God is kind, merciful, and loving, He is Holy, Righteous, and Just. I guarantee you that every single soul that has ever been cast into Hell was loved by God more than we could ever imagine. In fact, when Jesus comes again He isn't going to be the smiling "kids on His lap" type. No! He is going to be riding a white horse with his cape drenched in the blood of the wicked!

Remember this:

I would also encourage you to read Galatians 5 regarding waking in the flesh and walking in the spirit and tell me what you think.
So youre saying you’re misquoting of scripture does not matter when it completely changes the meaning? The verse does not say anything about believing in Jesus as Lord and Saviour is not enough, there is no mention of that at all in that verse you misquoted as saying that

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Remember this:

The verse is not saying that. You’re making up things now. It says that demons believe God is one.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The verse is not saying that. You’re making up things now. It says that demons believe God is one.
Reread the James 2. Particularly the section regarding faith and deeds. Or you can simply read James 2:20

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I only found the channel the other day and what he’s saying has made me rethink everything I thought.
I dint know what else he has to say, but he got this right.

• Friendly
Reactions: pantingdeer
Upvote 0