Salvation belongs to the Lord (Psalm 3:8)

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the title states Salvation belongs to the Lord.

Therefore, a question:

Does God’s salvation come in response to a changed life?

Or

Does a changed life come in response to God’s salvation, offered as a free gift?

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Therefore, a question:

Or

Does a changed life come in response to God’s salvation, offered as a free gift?

I would argue that it is both. He saves us, we are changed; our allowing Him to change us and cooperating with His Will opens us up to further graces, by which He continues to save us. It's a process.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would argue that it is both. He saves us, we are changed; our allowing Him to change us and cooperating with His Will opens us up to further graces, by which He continues to save us. It's a process.
Which comes first?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His grace comes first. Our becoming more responsive to His grace through His grace, follows. It's synergistic, yet the offer and the help come from Him.
I understand your position is synergistic.

However, the OP is asking:

Or

I think your answer was God’s Grace comes first. Would that not be a changed life comes in response to God’s salvation offered as a free gift?

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think the change means person rejects bad habits and sin. That happens when person understands that he has done wrongly. And person understands correctly when someone speaks to him how things are. It is possible that it comes in response to God’s forgiveness, because when sins are forgiven, it is usually told what is the sin and why it is wrong and forgiven. If something is forgiven, it is wise not to continue in doing that wrong thing.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the change means person rejects bad habits and sin. That happens when person understands that he has done wrongly. And person understands correctly when someone speaks to him how things are. It is possible that it comes in response to God’s forgiveness, because when sins are forgiven, it is usually told what is the sin and why it is wrong and forgiven. If something is forgiven, it is wise not to continue in doing that wrong thing.
I don’t think that addresses the OP.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Therefore, a question:

Or

I believe that a changed life is the direct result (or response) of God's salvation. You don't need to be "cleaned up" for you to come to God, you come as you are admitting that you do not deserve anything that he offers in the presentation of the gospel. The change of heart comes first before we ever received Christ by faith.

My whole redemption is the work of Christ in me.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think your answer was God’s Grace comes first. Would that not be a changed life comes in response to God’s salvation offered as a free gift?

Hey, Red. A changed life comes about as we allow God to continue saving us. As we surrender to, live for, and follow Christ, with His help. It's a process.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Therefore, a question:

Or

The latter...

"While we were yet sinners Christ died for us...

Upvote 0

BrotherDave

Sep 11, 2005
Bay Area, California
✟16,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Therefore, a question:

Or

A changed life comes in response to God’s salvation. We are wicked from the womb, dead in sin and as such cannot truly seek the Lord with all our heart (Ps 10:4,14:3,58:3, Ro 3:10, Col 2:13).

He first has mercy on whom He will (Ro 9:15, 1 John 4:19) . Then He gives us a new heart or soul (Ezek 11:19,36:27, Heb 8:10,10:16) which in turn will change our life as we truly do work pleasing to God and turn from sin. Only after He saves us will we know the struggle between the inner and outer man, as Paul described.

God gave us examples of His taking action first. Recall the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt or the flood during Noah’s day or Lot’s escape from the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah or even the conversion of Paul. God saved his people from bondage, sin, and death and as result their lives were changed.

Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Therefore, a question:

Or

I would say it comes prior to both.
No one comes to Jesus , redemption, unless the father calls them.
Those that heed the calling are then reborn from who they were unto whom they hold potential to be and with God's help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What if we are talking about a slave to sin? What if the only way for them to respond is if God changes them first? Would God do so, or would He leave them to their free will?

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith comes to the believer as a gift from God, not as something that individuals are capable of mustering up on their own. If faith were a work of man's own doing, man would be in a position to take partial credit for his redemption.

Salvation is by God's grace. Faith is the gift of God that no one should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God gave us examples of His taking action first. Recall the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt or the flood during Noah’s day or Lot’s escape from the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah or even the conversion of Paul. God saved his people from bondage, sin, and death and as result their lives were changed.
Indeed these examples are cover to cover in the Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The latter...

"While we were yet sinners Christ died for us...
Therefore according to the OP the statement of affirmation should be:

“God’s salvation does not come in response to a changed life. A changed life comes in response to the salvation, offered as a free gift.”

Upvote 0