AL
✟9,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post. I’m just trying to get some help and advice. My pastor says that you can know that you know that you know that you’re saved. I say that was saved at a church camp but I don’t exactly the date, I think I was around 14. But it’s been said that you should know the exact date and exactly what you prayed. I didn’t know all that then, my family wasn’t really faithful to church, anyway....years rocked on after I got married and we didn’t attend church at all, for about 10 years...long story short our marriage failed but God put it back together again. And we rededicated our life to Him about 4 years ago.
but every time I hear a sermon you should know without a shadow of a doubt that you are saved and going to heaven, i just keep having a what if I didn’t do it right? I’ve prayed and begged and pleaded for God to show me an answer, I’ve asked Him save me multiple times when I have these doubts. But I never feel a drawing from Him make a step.
is there any advice out there?
This torments me. I want to be sure!!!

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post. I’m just trying to get some help and advice. My pastor says that you can know that you know that you know that you’re saved. I say that was saved at a church camp but I don’t exactly the date, I think I was around 14. But it’s been said that you should know the exact date and exactly what you prayed. I didn’t know all that then, my family wasn’t really faithful to church, anyway....years rocked on after I got married and we didn’t attend church at all, for about 10 years...long story short our marriage failed but God put it back together again. And we rededicated our life to Him about 4 years ago.
but every time I hear a sermon you should know without a shadow of a doubt that you are saved and going to heaven, i just keep having a what if I didn’t do it right? I’ve prayed and begged and pleaded for God to show me an answer, I’ve asked Him save me multiple times when I have these doubts. But I never feel a drawing from Him make a step.
If you trust in yourself doing it right, you are the savior, not Christ. If you trust in Jesus doing it right in your place, he is the savior and you are saved.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But it’s been said that you should know the exact date and exactly what you prayed.

I didn’t know all that then, my family wasn’t really faithful to church, anyway....years rocked on after I got married and we didn’t attend church at all, for about 10 years...long story short our marriage failed but God put it back together again. And we rededicated our life to Him about 4 years ago.

Jesus did not ask Nicodemus to say a prayer when he asked what one must do to be born again.
Who really knows the exact moment when the Holy Spirit gives us a new heart?
Sure we could make a guess but, that's what it is a guess.
MB

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

The most precious thing that God has given us is His Word. In it are many promises for those who believe.

The apostle John tells us one of His promises in 1John 5:13 concerning our salvation.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

John has discussed in these 5 chapters what it means to be a child of God. He sums it up with the assurance that we can know that we are saved.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! Doubt is the work of Satan. He wants you to question your salvation not our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. From this day forward, stop doubting and begin to live in the relationship He desires to have with you. Complete acceptance with no doubt.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

truthisfreedom2019

Feb 28, 2019
Chetwynd
✟160,093.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My pastor says that you can know that you know that you know that you’re saved.
2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord; 3 seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 4 For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. 5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Wnj086,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

glitter-hello-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

05c8192c72896f3ad2fb960453b32d0a.gif

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hello and welcome to C.F.!

I'm sorry, I just feel you need to hear this :

And this:

And read this :

Helping People Have the Assurance of Salvation

GOD bless you..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. | New International Version (NIV) | Download The Bible App Now

Hi Wnj. My wife struggled with these feelings and thoughts for awhile. The bottom line is you have to decide what’s more true..Gods word, or your feelings? Our feelings change. His word doesn’t. God bless you and yours

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums