• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Salvation Anxiety

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by DeerGlow, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aiki

aiki Regular Member

+3,992
    Canada
    Baptist
    Married
    You can know and be certain that you are saved:

1 John 5:11-13

11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
    12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
    13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have (right now, in the present) eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

John 5:24
    24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed (not "will pass" but "has passed" - an accomplished fact) from death into life.

Galatians 2:20
    20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives (right now, in the present moment) in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Revelation 3:20
    20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him (not at some future date, but the moment the "door" is opened) and dine with him, and he with Me.

2. PeaceB

PeaceB Well-Known Member

+656
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    Are your interpretations of Scripture infallible?

3. mcarmichael

mcarmichael Novice

+251
    Christian
    Single
    The same letter it says "there is a sin unto death."

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  4. mcarmichael

mcarmichael Novice

+251
    Christian
    Single
    Some of this stuff is self-evident, like an American's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

5. aiki

aiki Regular Member

+3,992
    Canada
    Baptist
    Married
    It is not a matter of interpretation but understanding simple grammar.

6. aiki

aiki Regular Member

+3,992
    Canada
    Baptist
    Married
    Here are some more verses which show us salvation is not just a future, heavenly prospect but an accomplished fact for those who trust in Christ as their Saviour.

1 Corinthians 6:11

11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Titus 3:5-6
    5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
    6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

2 Timothy 1:8-9
    8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,
    9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

1 Peter 1:22-23
    22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,
    23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

7. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+16,301
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It's not whether you're a tattooed or un-tattooed woman (plenty of both) but it's whether there is faith in Christ!

8. PeaceB

PeaceB Well-Known Member

+656
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    Amen! But things that get washed can get dirty again, as Scripture also indicates. You can fall from grace - refer back to the many Scriptures already provided in this thread.

And whether you like it or not, your assurance of salvation is dependent on your interpretation of Scripture being correct, and both you and I know that you are not infallible. There is a chance that you could be wrong, unless you claim to be a prohet who understands Scripture infallibly.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  9. CrystalDragon

CrystalDragon Well-Known Member

+1,604
    Catholic
    Single

I'll go eat to these points individually soon, but I have to say I have MANY problems with the Bible (and in some casss Christianity, especially on here). I could list them all but it would take a while and I don't want to derail the thread. I could measage you though.

10. faroukfarouk

+16,301
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Interesting!.

Do you think, for instance also, that the Bible and what it says has problems with you?

(If you get my point?)

11. CrystalDragon

CrystalDragon Well-Known Member

+1,604
    Catholic
    Single
    Could you clarify a bit on that? I have an idea of what you mean, but since my posts tend to be long at times I don't want to write a lot on it and then find out I got the intent of your post completely wrong. ^^;

12. faroukfarouk

+16,301
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What I mean is that the Word of God searches us. Jeremiah 17.9-10:

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."

This is why we need the Saviour. This is why he came into the world to save sinners. John 3.16

13. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Supporter

+6,298
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    MOD HAT ON

Thread closed per OP Request

MOD HAT OFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.