Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK. I have already made my view known. She can read what everyone has to say and decide for herself. If it is anything that we can all agree upon, it is that she should approach God in prayer for assistance.

Yes — and I do hope you're still reading this, DeerGlow. :glowingstar:

• Friendly
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We already discussed that issue previously. You stated that you did not desire to further the discussion anymore. Have you changed your mind again?

Yes. If you keep telling her about grave sin, perpetual repentance, and other false doctrine, I feel that I must speak up to tell her what Scripture actually says. I'm not discussing doctrine with you, I am helping somebody who is anxious about God's love and forgiveness to understand the truth.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes. If you keep telling her about grave sin, perpetual repentance, and other false doctrine, I feel that I must speak up to tell her what Scripture actually says. I'm not discussing doctrine with you, I am helping somebody who is anxious about God's love and forgiveness to understand the truth.
No friend, your view is false, and I provided the scriptures that prove it. We have both made our views known in this thread, so we can agree to disagree for now. And she can decide for herself.

Have a good evening.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Going by what DeerGlow has said, it doesn't sound like she's committed an unrepentant mortal sin. Or if she has, isn't it better for her to be sure there is a God who already loves her endlessly and will forgive her and guide her to let go of that sin and be made new and whole — rather than leave her quailing in terror that every bad or un-Godly thought that enters her head is evidence that she's destined for hell?

Or in short — in Christ's name — can't we all work here to help lift her up, not to frighten her even more?

Thank you for redirecting the thread, once arguments start most threads seem to collapse. I am still reading, I think it was you who asked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, just saw that from your "friendly" ratings. Thanks, sister — I was going to say "have a restful evening", but then remembered we're in different time zones. Have a good day, then, and keep looking out for His blessings! He is always much, much nearer than you think, no matter how dark it seems out there (or in you).

Must go now, but I'm still praying — for you and everyone who needs that light in the darkness (as I do too at times). :glowingstar:

• Friendly
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No, if she has committed an unrepentant grave sin she should be afraid. It is the devil who wants people in this state to feel good about themselves and not to worry, so that they do not repent, and end up in hell with him.

The truth is frightening to some people. Should I tell someone what I believe to be a lie so that he will not be frightened by the truth? Is that the example that Jesus set in the gospels when he gave many warnings about eternal fire?

I am all for helping the OP gain a better sense of peace. That should come by adhering to what I originally suggested to her, and which @pescador vehemently objected to, thus derailing the thread: I suggested that she put her faith in Jesus Christ, get baptized if she has not already, love God, love her neighbors, and obey the Lord's commandments to the best of her ability, and repent and ask for forgiveness when she falls.

Peace comes through living your life in accordance with God's will.

I know it is not good to live in unrepentant sins, I struggle with some sins but I want to be free of sin; free from the sentence of sin and from sin itself. I do not want to be a slave to sin. It is hard to break these sins though.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, just saw that from your "friendly" ratings. Thanks, sister — I was going to say "have a restful evening", but then remembered we're in different time zones. Have a good day, then, and keep looking out for His blessings! He is always much, much nearer than you think, no matter how dark it seems out there (or in you).

Must go now, but I'm still praying — for you and everyone who needs that light in the darkness (as I do too at times). :glowingstar:

Yeah, I'm in the Chicago time zone. Central? US Central I think they call it. I appreciate your help and prayers.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a lot of anxiety and fear about not being saved but don't know how to be saved. I have been afraid of the unpardonable sin (Matthew 12, Mark 3, Luke 12), the mark of the beast (Revelation I don't know what even the number six by itself sets off impulsive thoughts), apostasy and wilful sin/leaving the faith for itching ears (Hebrews 6, Hebrews 10, mentioned in 2 Timothy and 2 Peter I think I do not know where). Also Matthew 7:21 (?) makes me nervous that not all faith and not everyone who calls Lord will be saved. Proverbs 1 also causes anxiety, and the scriptures about, "These people honour me with their lips but their hearts are far from me." How can I overcome the fear, and "confirm my calling and election" and be saved and gain assurance?

Edit: Grammar mistake.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have a lot of anxiety and fear about not being saved but don't know how to be saved. I have been afraid of the unpardonable sin (Matthew 12, Mark 3, Luke 12), the mark of the beast (Revelation I don't know what even the number six by itself sets off impulsive thoughts), apostasy and wilful sin/leaving the faith for itching ears (Hebrews 6, Hebrews 10, mentioned in 2 Timothy and 2 Peter I think I do not know where). Also Matthew 7:21 (?) makes me nervous that not all faith and not everyone who calls Lord will be saved. Proverbs 1 also causes anxiety, and the scriptures about, "These people honour me with their lips but their hearts are far from me." How can I overcome the fear, and "confirm my calling and election" and be saved and gain assurance?

Edit: Grammar mistake.

the minimum requirement for the worshiper is that he/she not commit spiritual lawlessness and not cause evil to their neighbor/cohabitant

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
the minimum requirement for the worshiper is that he/she not commit spiritual lawlessness and not cause evil to their neighbor/cohabitant

Blessings

The minimum requirement is to not sin?

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
and what's the difference?!

Blessings

Difference with what? I just mean, I know we aren't supposed to live in sin but to reach sinless perfection seems close to if not impossible.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Difference with what? I just mean, I know we aren't supposed to live in sin but to reach sinless perfection seems close to if not impossible.

and what do you think the biblical "sin" is?!, the spiritual unrighteousness/wickedness is the original sin, the very sin, and even the only one, because it is the cause/source of all other iniquities/evils, so, neither spiritual causation/infliction of evil, nor physical...

Blessings

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

It is impossible!! Nobody can be sinless by their own efforts. Don't be trapped by the idea that you must continually struggle with not sinning, then you fail, feel guilty, maybe confess your sin to somebody, repent, then start all over again. That is not Christianity.

When you accept Jesus as your savior all your sins are forgiven and, in addition, you receive the Holy Spirit so that you no longer want to sin. Of course, you will sin, since nobody is perfect, but all your sins are already forgiven in advance, forever.

Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Please read that carefully until you fully believe it. Pay attention especially to the last phrase. He meant what he said!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.