Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Anyone ever try their hand at Esperanto? I've begun to take a crack at it as of late and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I'm learning too many already. Ugh. I need to get back on Spanish more, going to Spain soon, maybe after I get back I'll join you in that.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Anyone ever try their hand at Esperanto? I've begun to take a crack at it as of late and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I lived in England years ago and I used to speak Esperanto regularly. I even have a Bible in Esperanto.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
My favorite Esperanto slang word is "krokodili". It means to speak in another language other than Esperanto, in a setting where speaking Esperanto would be socially appropriate.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@Knee V ... Sorry, I know, resurrection of an old post, but was wondering if you ever translated or found a translation of the Jesus Prayer into Esperanto?

Google search hasn’t helped me with this, and unlike other languages, Google translate (or whatever it is called) won’t translate things into Esperanto for me.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Knee V ... Sorry, I know, resurrection of an old post, but was wondering if you ever translated or found a translation of the Jesus Prayer into Esperanto?

Google search hasn’t helped me with this, and unlike other languages, Google translate (or whatever it is called) won’t translate things into Esperanto for me.
I have found one, but didn't like it, and I have tweaked it. Mine is as follows:
Sinjoro, Jesuo Kristo, la Filo de Dio, kompatu min, la pekulon.

• Winner
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums