Salutations

Wug

Mar 18, 2015
✟972.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My name is Ashlyn or just Ash for short. My friends also call me Wug, hence the username I have here. I am 20 years old and am a 3rd year Pharmacology Student at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (Go Heels!!!!). I was born in a small town in Dublin, Ireland and lived there until I was 3 years old. I and my parents then moved to America where I have lived ever since in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. I am of Catholic Faith and have been my entire life. When I am not away at college I attend Mass every Sunday. I love listening to music in my spare time and I love soccer. I played from the age of 5 up to my last year in high school. I now enjoy a good pick up game evry now and then on campus.

D

Devorim

How in the world did you do it! Being Catholic AND away from Ireland on St. Patrick's day? You poor Wug!!

Say! I have a question that I'll bet you can answer. Is it offensive (Now please be honest! Whatever the truth is -- that's what I want to know.) to wear orange on St. Patrick's Day? And if my question is offensive, please forgive me -- that is not, in any way, my intention. :)

Upvote 0

Wug

Mar 18, 2015
✟972.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
How in the world did you do it! Being Catholic AND away from Ireland on St. Patrick's day? You poor Wug!!

Say! I have a question that I'll bet you can answer. Is it offensive (Now please be honest! Whatever the truth is -- that's what I want to know.) to wear orange on St. Patrick's Day? And if my question is offensive, please forgive me -- that is not, in any way, my intention. :)
I haven't lived in Ireland since I was 3. I have visited a few times over the years to see my Grand Parents and family over there, but that is about it. Actually over in Ireland they really don't get all dressed up in Green on St. Patrick's Day like they do here in America. The thing with wearing Green and Orange together all have to do with what the flag represents in Ireland. The Green part meaning the Republic of Ireland and the Orange standing for Northern Ireland. So in America I don't think I would be upset if anyone wore green and orange together on St. Patrick's Day. Even if I still lived in Ireland I wouldn't mind it.

Oh and thanks for welcoming me. :wave:
Also thanks for the blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
2910672930051563516S600x600Q85.jpg

Welcome to CF, Ashlyn!
Welcome and Thank you so much for your introduction!
If you have any questions -
please don't hesitate to send me a PM!
Very inspiring talk by The Most Rev'd Benjamin Kwashi

Upvote 0
D

Devorim

...Actually over in Ireland they really don't get all dressed up in Green on St. Patrick's Day like they do here in America. The thing with wearing Green and Orange together all have to do with what the flag represents in Ireland. The Green part meaning the Republic of Ireland and the Orange standing for Northern Ireland....

Here, in the U.S.A., we miss what we can't have -- Ireland. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wug

Mar 18, 2015
✟972.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
2910672930051563516S600x600Q85.jpg

Welcome to CF, Ashlyn!
Welcome and Thank you so much for your introduction!
If you have any questions -
please don't hesitate to send me a PM!
Very inspiring talk by The Most Rev'd Benjamin Kwashi
Thanks for such a great welcome and also the blessings.

Here, in the U.S.A., we miss what we can't have -- Ireland. :)
Ireland is surely beautiful. I love visiting there.

Welcome to CF Wug!!
Hope you find it welcoming and enjoyable and don't hesitate to ask for help because we are here!
Thanks MissRowy for the welcome. So far so good in figuring out stuff around here.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.