Saint Peter says: Second Advent = Second Resurrection - All Other Theories Debunked

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟265,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Using the introduction of spiritual Israel at the beginning portion of chapter 9 is not the surrounding context where Paul wrote that yet all Israel would be saved, in chapter 11. If all Israel were to mean only spiritual Israel, this that would then be a confusing verse should never have been written, maybe you would have been fine if it weren't there. We don't need to be told that all the saved will be saved, this useless message would be there if it meant just spiritual Israel. But the real context shows that Paul's concern is for all the remaining Israel, that are not converts to Christ yet. His prophetic statement ties to old testament prophecies where the remnant of Israel, with those not saying other people who will be joined and become Israel, will ultimately be saved. They will face crisis which will destroy them, that is beyond their ability to save themselves, and they will recognize Christ for who he is, from the miraculous testimony (this happens after the two witnesses with their miracles, and the 144000), and call on him, and they will then be saved. Of course, as this is saying, it is with sharing the gospel of Christ, as we can and should do now, for it does not need to wait when Jews can be getting saved, in Christ, now, as in some cases some are.

Paul uses the Olive Tree as a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of Israelites and Gentiles grafted together into one tree.

That is you interpreting that an olive tree in the new testament symbolizes the new covenant church, and not just the people of God, starting with those of Israel, that, with being found in Christ, the gentiles coming to Christ are grafted to. The difference is that old testament saints are included.

You are missing a very important Greek word in Romans 11:26.
That word is "houto". It is the manner in which to be saved.
How will they be saved according to Romans chapter 11?

Rom 11:23  And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 

Romans 11:26 is about the manner of salvation, rather than the timing of salvation.

I have heard Dispensationalists change the word "so" to the word "then".

"So" being the term does not change that it will happen, it is prophetic. It is not claimed here that it will happen with a different way than with repentant faith with the gospel of salvation in Christ.

Modern Dispensational Theology falls apart once a person comes to realize that the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, is found fulfilled by Christ in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

The new covenant is that of the blood from Christ shedding his life for us, this fulfills all that is ever needed for atonement for sin, the sacrifice, the priesthood, and for being made clean in the needed way. It only applies with coming to Christ. What is otherwise important for relationship with Yahweh our God is still there as it always has been. Jews do not stop being Jews with that.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our spiritual resurrection is when we receive the baptism commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:18-20.

Baptists and Lutherans often argue about water baptism.

It is the baptism of the Holy Spirit that is the most important, based on what is plainly written in the New Testament.

Water baptism is merely the symbol of the Holy Spirit baptism which occurs when a person is "Born Again" by the Spirit, which comes about upon faith in Christ. John 5:24

You Must Be Born Again

Joh 3:1  There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 
Joh 3:2  This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." 
Joh 3:3  Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." 
Joh 3:4  Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" 
Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 
Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 
Joh 3:7  Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 
Joh 3:8  The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." 

1Co 3:16  Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 

The Holy Spirit Falls on the Gentiles

Act 10:44  While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 
Act 10:45  And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 
Act 10:46  For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. Then Peter answered, 
Act 10:47  "Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?" 
Act 10:48  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days. 

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The new covenant is that of the blood from Christ shedding his life for us, this fulfills all that is ever needed for atonement for sin, the sacrifice, the priesthood, and for being made clean in the needed way. It only applies with coming to Christ. What is otherwise important for relationship with Yahweh our God is still there as it always has been. Jews do not stop being Jews with that.

There is only one Jew who is the fulfillment of everything written in the Bible.
He said so on the road to Emmaus.
The most important genealogy in the Bible is revealed by the first verse in the New Testament and is confirmed by Paul in Galatians 3:16.

Based on 1 Timothy 1:4, race is not a factor in the New Covenant Church.

If the Olive Tree is not a symbol of the New Covenant Church, then what is it?

Jer_31:31  "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28  For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20  Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25  In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6  who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15  And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24  to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟265,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:
That is you interpreting that an olive tree in the new testament symbolizes the new covenant church, and not just the people of God, starting with those of Israel, that, with being found in Christ, the gentiles coming to Christ are grafted to. The difference is that old testament saints are included.

BABerean2 said:
There is only one Jew who is the fulfillment of everything written in the Bible.
He said so on the road to Emmaus.
The most important genealogy in the Bible is revealed by the first verse in the New Testament and is confirmed by Paul in Galatians 3:16.

Jesus is the fulfillment with perfection. So there are then no other Jews? I disagree.

With such logic I might just say, Jesus was the perfect human, with his fulfilment, so there are no other humans. Others are all fiction.

Based on 1 Timothy 1:4, race is not a factor in the New Covenant Church.

I am not saying anything about race, you are just pulling that out from where it was not communicated. What I speak about in this are people of a covenant. It is a covenant to which any might choose to come, regardless of their descent, although I am not promoting that. I do promote coming to Christ. With this we may be grafted in.

If the Olive Tree is not a symbol of the New Covenant Church, then what is it?

I was already communicating what I say it is above, the people of God, starting with those of Israel, coming to needed faith, that, with being found in Christ, the gentiles coming to Christ are grafted to.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not saying anything about race, you are just pulling that out from where it was not communicated. What I speak about in this are people of a covenant. It is a covenant to which any might choose to come, regardless of their descent, although I am not promoting that. I do promote coming to Christ. With this we may be grafted in.

I often encounter those promoting modern Dispensational Theology on this forum, who claim there are promises God has made to a race of people which have not yet been fulfilled.

I am glad to see that is not what you are promoting.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟101,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Baptists and Lutherans often argue about water baptism.

It is the baptism of the Holy Spirit that is the most important, based on what is plainly written in the New Testament.

Water baptism is merely the symbol of the Holy Spirit baptism which occurs when a person is "Born Again" by the Spirit, which comes about upon faith in Christ. John 5:24

You Must Be Born Again

Joh 3:1  There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 
Joh 3:2  This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." 
Joh 3:3  Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." 
Joh 3:4  Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" 
Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 
Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 
Joh 3:7  Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 
Joh 3:8  The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." 

1Co 3:16  Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 

The Holy Spirit Falls on the Gentiles

Act 10:44  While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 
Act 10:45  And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 
Act 10:46  For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. Then Peter answered, 
Act 10:47  "Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?" 
Act 10:48  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days. 

It is true that these Gentiles received the Holy Spirit before they were water-baptized, but that was specifically to make the point to the apostles that the Gentiles were to be included in the people of God (Christians) along with the Jews who had already converted to Christianity through water baptism. Please note that even though these Gentiles received the Holy Spirit before they were water-baptized, they were still commanded to be water-baptized in order to become born again/Jesus Christ's disciples and included in the Church's fellowship/society.

Christ's plan is for persons to become His disciples through His commanded water baptism. It is actually water baptism with the words "I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" which makes a person Jesus' disciple. This is normally when a person first receives the Holy Spirit. This is when a person's sins are first washed away.

Matthew 28:19-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” NIV

Acts 22:16
And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’ NIV
To become "born again" is to be water-baptized, AKA "born of water and the Spirit" by calling on the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, according to Jesus' command in Matthew 28:19-20 above. This is normally when the Holy Spirit first takes up residence in a person's heart/soul.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. NIV

The baptism of fire/Holy Spirit is normally an additional outpouring of grace that is given to the water-baptized disciple of Jesus Christ by the bishops of the Church. Please note that the Gentiles were commanded to receive water baptism in the name of the Lord (this "Lord" includes the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as commanded in Matthew 28:19-20) in order to become Jesus' disciples and to be included in their fellowship.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To become "born again" is to be water-baptized, AKA "born of water and the Spirit" by calling on the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, according to Jesus' command in Matthew 28:19-20 above. This is normally when the Holy Spirit first takes up residence in a person's heart/soul.

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. NIV

The baptism of fire/Holy Spirit is normally an additional outpouring of grace that is given to the water-baptized disciple of Jesus Christ by the bishops of the Church.

Absolutely not.
No bishop or any other man is necessary for the conversion of anyone.

This is revealed by John 5:24, which is the spiritual resurrection from the dead upon a person coming to faith in Christ.

Joh 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 

In the passage from John chapter 3, water is only mentioned one time and the Spirit is mentioned multiple times.
Every human on the planet is born of the water (amniotic fluid) of the mother's womb.

Joh 3:4  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 
Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 
Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 
Joh 3:7  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 
Joh 3:8  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 
Joh 3:9  Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 

A ceremony performed on a baby using water has no measure of salvation.

Believer's baptism is found in the New Testament.
It is the believer's testimony of their faith.

Infant baptism is not.

If people can get into heaven by water baptism, we should water baptize every human on the planet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing what one finds in the scriptures when one's senses are tuned into God's.

2 Peter chapter 3 specifically proves the 2nd Advent is the 2nd Resurrection in Rev 20:19 to 21:1 because it specifically says we look forward to a new heaven and new earth when Christ returns, and a new heaven and earth only occurs at the 2nd resurrection. Rapture theory debunked!.

You can read the entire chapter and see what else Peter says about it being an early church doctrine among the believers, and about those who struggle with false doctrines..

I really wonder what book is Denominational Christianity really reading?

View attachment 190976 View attachment 190977
Whats with the kid wearing a crown? ridings lio s and tigers?

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟516,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely not.

This is revealed by John 5:24, which is the spiritual resurrection from the dead upon a person coming to faith in Christ.

Joh 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 

In the passage from John chapter 3, water is only mentioned one time and the Spirit is mentioned multiple times.
Every human on the planet is born of the water (amniotic fluid) of the mother's womb.

Joh 3:4  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 
Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 
Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 
Joh 3:8  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 

Infant baptism is not.

If people can get into heaven by water baptism, we should water baptize every human on the planet.

There is more to be said about baptism. You cite some good passages, but let's go on...
The great commission given by Christ commands teaching, baptism and believing to to saved. Certainly baptism is necessary then though it may be wrongly overlooked by unschooled preachers and teachers or perhaps just plain stubborn teachers and so only God knows what shall happen to the sheep/followers of such deceiving church leaders as pertaining to salvation...God knows the heart and He says "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy."

As for the rest of the teachings, please examine ALL passages touching upon baptism.
I Peter 3:21-22:
In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Acts 2:38-39:
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
Whole households were baptized...ages are not specified.

Whole households were baptized...ages are not specified.

Can an infant have faith? Can an infant in the womb have faith? Psalms indicates yes such a little one can indeed have faith:
Psalm 22:9-10:
Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

Those churches practicing infant baptism do have a confirmation of the faith for the child at an older age. (Timothy gave a good confession...don't know all the ramification to that, but I mention it for your consideration.)

One should also consider I Corinthians 7:12-14:
If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Why are they considered holy? Due perhaps to their Baptism?

So then, in my view, these are the additional teachings which should enter into any quality discussion of baptism of infants.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟101,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely not.

Infant baptism is not.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life

But what does that actually mean? Ask several people and you will get varied answers. Why is that?

It seems to me that you do not realize that the NT is a supplement to the apostles/disciples oral preaching/teaching. The NT does not contain the entire gospel of Jesus Christ. Some important teachings were not clearly explained in the NT Scriptures.

John 21:25
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. niv

Many disobedient Christians erroneously believe that they are saved, but they are not:

Matthew 7:21-23 (RSV)
Concerning Self-Deception

21 “Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’

As you can deduce from the Scripture above, some Christians' personal beliefs can have horrifying eternal consequences. (This statement is not for you personally. Only Jesus Christ has authority to judge souls/persons/hearts). 1 Corinthians 4:3-4

A continuous lifelong belief (obedience to God's commandments) is what makes a person worthy to inherit eternal life after he dies. John 14:21, 1 John 3:24

Jesus Christ proclaimed the following:

John 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 

This is water baptism. Water baptism is necessary for the Church's leaders to do. Water baptism is what first washes away all our sins and gives us the Holy Spirit. Water baptism is what makes us Jesus' disciples. Jesus states this in Matthew 28:19-20.

However, Jesus is not bound by the commands that He gives to His Church's leaders. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to this certain group of Gentiles for a specific reason. But this is not His natural order of events. Acts 10:47-48

Jesus' bishop or elder/priest or deacon baptizes/washes a person in the name of God and it is this washing of water in the name of the Lord God that washes away all his sins (sanctifies him) and then the Holy Spirit's presence justifies him.

1 Corinthians 6:11
And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. niv

Water baptism cleanses the soul and guilty conscience.

Hebrews 10:22
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Jesus established a Church. It seems to me that you don't believe in His Church and His commands to His Church.

Matthew 16:17-19 (NIV)
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Jesus commanded the leaders of His Church:

Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” NIV

Infant Baptism washes away Adam's sin from the baby's soul. The Holy Spirit then moves into the baby's soul/heart and sanctifies/justifies him (gives him fellowship with God). This baptism makes the baby a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Acts 16:33
At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized. niv

Acts 16:15
When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. “If you consider me a believer in the Lord,” she said, “come and stay at my house.” And she persuaded us. niv

All his household includes infants and children. She and the members of her household include infants and children. And then they must all individually continue to remain in God's fellowship through obedience to His commandments. Keep in mind: Obedience is belief. Disobedience is unbelief.

Mark 16:16
He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

We do disagree. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All his household includes infants and children. She and the members of her household include infants and children.

No. The youngest member of that household was a 13 year old boy.

How do I know that?

It says so in the same place that it says babies were baptized...

It is a figment of the imagination.

Baptizing a baby only gets them a little cleaner.
It has no measure of salvation.

I was baptized as a baby, but I do not remember it.
It had nothing to do with my later conversion.

I was baptized as an adult, after I came to faith in Christ.
The Spirit had already become a part of me, before I ever went into the baptismal waters.

The following should help you understand the covenants and baptism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan001

Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟101,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No. The youngest member of that household was a 13 year old boy.

How do I know that?

It says so in the same place that it says babies were baptized...

It is a figment of the imagination.

Baptizing a baby only gets them a little cleaner.
It has no measure of salvation.

I was baptized as a baby, but I do not remember it.
It had nothing to do with my later conversion.

I was baptized as an adult, after I came to faith in Christ.
The Spirit had already become a part of me, before I ever went into the baptismal waters.

The following should help you understand the covenants and baptism.

Circumcision admitted an infant male Israelite into the family of God under the OC.
The Baptism commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20 admits infant males and infant females into the family of God under the NC. This Baptism makes them Jesus' disciples. This water Baptism also admits both male and female children and both male and female adults into the family of God under the NC.

After these infants and children are made disciples through baptism, it is the parent's responsibility to educate them in the Christian faith via the Church.

It is this water Baptism commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20 that first saves us.

1 Peter 3:21
Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, rsv

And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’ niv​

To free each of us from the consequences of Original/Adam's Sin is the reason that Jesus Christ came to earth. Until Jesus Christ came to earth, no person could enter into the presence of God in the third heaven. That is why, after they died, Lazarus and Abraham were not yet in heaven even though the rich man was already in hell. Luke 16:19-31

John 3:13
No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man. rsv​

You can read the early Church Fathers' writings to learn how the early Christians practiced their faith.
They did do infant baptisms because this particular water baptism is what washes away Original Sin.. That is why Jesus proclaimed the following:

Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.​

We do disagree. Amen (So be it.)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Circumcision admitted an infant male Israelite into the family of God under the OC.
The Baptism commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20 admits infant males and infant females into the family of God under the NC. This Baptism makes them Jesus' disciples. This water Baptism also admits both male and female children and both male and female adults into the family of God under the NC.

After these infants and children are made disciples through baptism, it is the parent's responsibility to educate them in the Christian faith via the Church.

It is this water Baptism commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20 that first saves us.

Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, rsv

And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’ niv

Judas was circumcised on the 8th day under the Old Covenant.
What measure of salvation did this ceremony have on Judas?
None.

There is a baptism that is related to salvation, but it is baptism of the Spirit and not of water.
You see the word "water" in every verse that mentions baptism.
However, there is also a baptism of the Spirit.
The word "water" is found one time in John chapter 3, but the word "Spirit" is found multiple times.

You are looking at one word (water), but ignoring the other(Spirit) to make your doctrine work. All false doctrines work by this process of ignoring the text which destroys the doctrine.

The Holy Spirit fell on Cornelius, before he was baptized in water.
The same thing happened to me.

The Holy Spirit Falls on the Gentiles (subtitle from eSword)

Act 10:44  While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 
Act 10:45  And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 
Act 10:46  For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 
Act 10:47  Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 
Act 10:48  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days. 

Spirit baptism came first and then they were water baptized.

The first is a sign of salvation and the second is a public declaration of salvation.

Even though I had been water baptized as a baby, during much of my life I was a lost, unbeliever.
At that point in time, I was no better than Judas.

You cannot get someone into the New Covenant by giving them a bath.

Luk_3:16  John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. 

Rom_8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1Co_3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co_12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

2Co_3:3  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Jan001

Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟101,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Judas was circumcised on the 8th day under the Old Covenant.
What measure of salvation did this ceremony have on Judas?
None.

Until he betrayed Jesus Christ, Judas was saved.

There is a baptism that is related to salvation, but it is baptism of the Spirit and not of water.
You see the word "water" in every verse that mentions baptism.
However, there is also a baptism of the Spirit.
The word "water" is found one time in John chapter 3, but the word "Spirit" is found multiple times.

The different types of baptism mentioned in the Bible:

1. Baptism of John - a baptism with water for repentance, which was to prepare people to later receive the baptism of Jesus.

Mark 1:4
And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. niv

2. Baptism of Jesus as commanded in Matthew 28:19-20 - a baptism with water which forgives/takes away all the sins on the soul of the person at the time of his baptism. According to the Gospel, this is when we are first given the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. niv

And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’
niv

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. niv

3. Baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire - a baptism which gives the previously water baptized person more grace to help the person to become and to continue as a good soldier for Christ until he dies. 1 Peter 2:12 This baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire is given at the actual laying on of the apostles'/bishops' hands on the person.

You and many other people today believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire is simply an emotional, spiritual experience resulting from your repentance for your sins, but your experience is not actually the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire. The laying on of hands by the ordained clergy is needed for the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire. This does not mean that you have not received a measure of the Holy Spirit's gifts. I am sure you have.

Matthew 3:11
I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. niv

Acts 8:18
When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money niv

4. Baptism of blood - which is martyrdom for one's belief in Jesus.

Mark 10:37-40
They replied, “Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory.”
38 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said. “Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?
39 “We can,” they answered.
Jesus said to them, “You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, 40 but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.” niv
You are looking at one word (water), but ignoring the other(Spirit) to make your doctrine work. All false doctrines work by this process of ignoring the text which destroys the doctrine.
The Holy Spirit fell on Cornelius, before he was baptized in water.
The same thing happened to me.

You were saved as an infant when you were first baptized with water according to the command of Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20. This baptism washed away Adam's sin which you had inherited. You had no other sins on your soul because you were an infant. Romans 5:1-19

You later fell away from the faith through your own free will choices. Much later, you then had a religious experience by which you returned to God. But, water Baptism only works the first time you are water baptized. After baptism, if a person falls away through disobedience to God's commandments and thereby loses the Holy Spirit's saving presence within him Acts 5:32, he must then repent and confess his sins in order to once again receive the Holy Spirit's saving presence within his soul. 1 John 1:9; 1 John 2:1-3

But, as for the Gentiles in your example, their experience with receiving the Holy Spirit is the fifth type of baptism.

5. Baptism of desire - a person who desires to know and serve God even though he does not know exactly how he should know and serve Him can be saved by the baptism of desire which does give him the Holy Spirit.

God does not have to follow the rules that He commands His Church's leaders to do, which is baptism by water first and then baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire by the laying on of the hands of the bishop/ordained clergy. Romans 9:15

If a person who has received the Holy Spirit through the baptism of desire is later given the opportunity, he must seek to know and learn the Gospel according to Jesus' Church's teachings (not his own personal interpretations of the Scriptures) and as soon as he does learn the truth, he must then do what is necessary to become baptized according to Jesus' command in Matthew 28:19-20 in order to continue to be saved. And if he is an adult, he must also receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire by the laying on of hands of the ordained clergy. Acts 19:1-6

God meets every person where he is, but once he is saved, if he is given the opportunity and knowledge, God expects him to grow into a mature Christian
2 Corinthians 6:4-10; 2 Peter 1:1-12 and to obey the leaders of His Son's Church. Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 13:17

Acts 10:44-48

Spirit baptism came first and then they were water baptized.

The first is a sign of salvation and the second is a public declaration of salvation.

Acts 10 regarding the Gentiles is not exactly the same as the baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire that God commands His Church's leaders to do. God can send His Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 12:1-11 to whoever He desires because He is God, but this is not what Jesus commanded His Church's leaders to do. The Church is commanded to baptize persons with water first in order to receive the Holy Spirit. God made an exception for the Gentiles in Acts 10:44-48. They were given the Holy Spirit first without baptism with water so that the Apostles could know that they must admit Gentiles into their Christian fellowship. But, these Gentiles had to be immediately baptized with water as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20. It is this Baptism with water which makes a person Jesus' disciple and a member of His Church/fellowship.

Acts 10:46-48
For they (apostles) heard them (Gentiles) speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days. niv

Even though I had been water baptized as a baby, during much of my life I was a lost, unbeliever.
At that point in time, I was no better than Judas.

True. A baptized person can reject Jesus Christ at any time during his lifetime. And, if he has not repented of his sins before he dies, he will not be approved to inherit eternal life.

Galatians 5: 19-21
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. niv

You cannot get someone into the New Covenant by giving them a bath.

No, but you do get someone into the New Covenant by cleansing his soul from all his sins through the water baptism that is commanded by Jesus!

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
niv

Baptism given as commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20 does not remove dirt from a person's body; it removes all the sins from his soul and so immediately after this baptism he has a clear conscience towards God. He has been cleansed of his sins (washed), sanctified, and justified.

Galatians 3:27
for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. niv

And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’ niv

Ephesians 5:26
to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, niv (Matthew 28:19-20)

1 Corinthians 6:11
And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. niv

1Co_12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit..

This refers to the baptism that is commanded by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20. We become Jesus' disciples through this baptism. {Make disciples...baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit....} The Gentiles who received the Holy Spirit were not accepted into the Christian fellowship until after they were baptized with the baptism of Jesus.

There are many God-fearing Jews and members of other religions today who are serving God as best they can according to their own knowledge and ability. They do have the Holy Spirit, but they are not yet disciples of Jesus Christ and so they do not yet belong to the formal Body/Church of Christ. The baptism of Jesus is what makes us His disciples. The baptism of Jesus is what forgives/removes all the sins on our souls at the time of our baptism.

Acts 10:46-48
For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.
Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days. niv

The normal order of salvation;

1. We receive the water Baptism of Jesus which washes away all our sins and gives us the Holy Spirit's presence within us.
2. We receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire by the laying on of hands of the ordained clergy which gives us even more grace to help us live a good Christian life and to show others the Way to eternal life.
3. We live as loyal Soldiers of Christ until we die. Ephesians 6:10-18; 1 Thessalonians 5:7-9
4. We are then approved to inherit eternal life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The normal order of salvation;

1. We receive the water Baptism of Jesus which washes away all our sins and gives us the Holy Spirit's presence within us.
2. We receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with fire by the laying on of hands of the ordained clergy which gives us even more grace to help us live a good Christian life and to show others the Way to eternal life.
3. We live as loyal Soldiers of Christ until we die. Ephesians 6:10-18; 1 Thessalonians 5:7-9
4. We are then approved to inherit eternal life.

Apparently, you have never been on a school playground to see the behavior of some of those children who were water-baptized as infants.
If you had, you might notice that their behavior does not reflect the presence of the Holy Spirit sent down from God.

If a person alone on a desert island reads a Bible and accepts Christ, they do not need to wait until some man who calls himself a member of the "ordained clergy" puts his hands on them to receive the Holy Spirit.
John 5:24 has already occurred when they came to faith.

Your process above ignores John 5:24 as the first step in salvation and therefore it cannot be correct.

A person is only saved by "faith", not by immersion in water.
Read Hebrews chapter 11 and count the number of times the word "faith" is found and then count the number of times the word "water" is found.

And I bet you think Peter is the rock in Matthew chapter 16, instead of Christ, even though Peter identifies Christ as the "chief cornerstone" in 1 Peter 2:4-10 and Christ identifies himself as the "chief cornerstone" in Matthew chapter 21.

Do you take your Bible to Church when you attend ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jan001

Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟101,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Apparently, you have never been on a school playground to see the behavior of some of those children who were water-baptized as infants.
If you had, you might notice that their behavior does not reflect the presence of the Holy Spirit sent down from God.

Does your own behavior ALWAYS reflect the presence of the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven? Unfortunately, my own behavior does not.

If a person alone on a desert island reads a Bible and accepts Christ, they do not need to wait until some man who calls himself a member of the "ordained clergy" puts his hands on them to receive the Holy Spirit.
John 5:24 has already occurred when they came to faith.

This is called baptism of desire.

How many atheists do you think bring a Bible with them on their journeys just in case they become stranded on a desert island? :)

Your process above ignores John 5:24 as the first step in salvation and therefore it cannot be correct.

John 5:24
Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. niv

Gather all the Scriptures that pertain to Baptism and add them all together and hopefully then you will get a better understanding of the necessity of water Baptism for salvation. A person who hears His Word and believes in Him will listen to His Church and become water baptized immediately.

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. niv

A person who does not believe does not follow the command to get baptized and so therefore he will be condemned.

Matthew 18:15-18
If your brother or sister sins (all sin/disobedience is actually unbelief), go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector. 18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will bed bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. niv

Hebrews 3:18-19
And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief. niv

]A person is only saved by "faith", not by immersion in water.
Read Hebrews chapter 11 and count the number of times the word "faith" is found and then count the number of times the word "water" is found.

It is irrelevant to count the number of times the one word "faith" is mentioned compared to the word "water". A person needs to be water baptized just once, but he must be faithful all the days of his life until he dies if he desires to inherit eternal life. You like to isolate verses and make them the complete doctrine. The NT was actually written as a supplement to the Church's leaders' oral preaching/teaching. It was never intended to take the place of their oral teaching. The interpretation of the Scriptures actually must agree with the Church's oral preaching tradition.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

It is water baptism that now saves us in the new covenant. The water of baptism is what first gives us the Holy Spirit and it is His continuing presence in our souls/hearts that makes it possible for us to enter into eternal life. We will be approved to enter into eternal life if we are faithful to God's commandments until we die.

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, niv

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. niv

Jesus is implying that no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are water baptized and have the Holy Spirit living within them.
Actually, faith, baptism, and good works are necessary for a person to be eligible to inherit eternal life.

Galatians 5:6
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (good works).niv

James 2:24
You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone. niv

And I bet you think Peter is the rock in Matthew chapter 16, instead of Christ, even though Peter identifies Christ as the "chief cornerstone" in 1 Peter 2:4-10 and Christ identifies himself as the "chief cornerstone" in Matthew chapter 21.

I KNOW that Peter is the Rock in Matthew, chapter 16, instead of Christ!

Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of His Church on earth, but Peter is the Rock of His Church on earth. That is exactly why Jesus changed Simon's name to Rock/Cephas/Peter and gave Cephas/Peter ALONE the keys to His kingdom on earth.

However, Jesus always remains the ROCK of His Church/kingdom in heaven and when He returns to earth for His second appearing He will receive back the keys of the kingdom that the successor of Peter is still holding at the time of His second appearing.

Do you take your Bible to Church when you attend ?

No, I do not. The Scripture readings for the day are always provided so that no one needs to remember to bring their Bibles to Church.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A person who does not believe does not follow the command to get baptized and so therefore he will be condemned.

For some strange reason you read the word "water" into the verse above, instead of the word "spirit".

How many times is the word "water" found in John chapter 3 and how many times is the word "spirit" found in John chapter 3?

All false doctrines are built by ignoring certain verses.
Your view of salvation by water is an excellent example.

Did John the Baptist claim to bring people to salvation by water, or did he make it clear that Christ would baptize with something different?

Mar_1:8  I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

John the Baptist did not say that some man would baptize with the Holy Ghost.
He said Christ would baptize with the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's amazing what one finds in the scriptures when one's senses are tuned into God's.

2 Peter chapter 3 specifically proves the 2nd Advent is the 2nd Resurrection in Rev 20:19 to 21:1 because it specifically says we look forward to a new heaven and new earth when Christ returns, and a new heaven and earth only occurs at the 2nd resurrection. Rapture theory debunked!.

You can read the entire chapter and see what else Peter says about it being an early church doctrine among the believers, and about those who struggle with false doctrines..

The OP and the poster's following posts are speaking of the following passage:

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. 2 Peter 3:10-13

When this is carefully read, it becomes obvious that it most absolutely does not say what he claims it says.

He is making a very common error, that of interpreting what a person thinks is what a scripture means, and then claiming that is what it says. This is a serious error, and it keeps many people from ever being able to even begin to understand the scriptures.

A very great many scriptures explicitly say things that conclusively prove that what this poster says can not even possibly be correct.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OP and the poster's following posts are speaking of the following passage:

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. 2 Peter 3:10-13

When this is carefully read, it becomes obvious that it most absolutely does not say what he claims it says.

Since you say we have got the text wrong, why don't you tell us what it really says ?

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The above assessment of your above views is in direct conflict with the teachings recorded in the Bible. Review the following for the chronological order of end time events:

The chronological order of end time events:

1. The very next prophetic event to take place will be the rapture of the Church, consisting of everyone who believes in Jesus Christ as Lord, regardless of denomination, or no denomination at all, as taught by both Jesus as well as the apostle Paul. In Jn.14:2-4, 28; 1 Thes.4:13-18; 2 Thes.2:1-8; Rev.3:10 and 4:1-2. All those who died in Christ, to all those who are still alive at His coming in the clouds of the sky, for His Church, where we will all meet Jesus, from where He will take us to our Father in heaven, as He promised us in Jn.14:2-4 and 28.

2. The rapture of the Christian Church of Jesus Christ preceeds the revealing of the man of lawlessness/beast/antichrist, according to 2 Thes.2:3-4 and 7-8. Which then immediately sets off the seven years of tribulation, as recorded in Mt.24:4-31, Jesus amplification of Dan.9:27. Where the person who is all three of the "he's" in that verse, and the rider of the white horse in Rev.6:2, is revealed. All of whom are the antichrist. It is at this stage of end times chronology the 70th Week of Dan.9:27 will begin.

3. The tribulation is revealed in Jer.30:4-7, referred to as "Jacob's Trouble," and in Dan.9:27, the 70th and final week of God's decree upon the destiny of Israel. In God's revelation to the prophet Daniel, through the angel Gabriel, the 70 "Weeks" [7 years each] of years He has decreed upon the entire destiny of Israel. From the end of their 70 year exile, through the coming seven year tribulation. The person who will set it of is the antichrist, the "he" who will establish a seven year covenant/agreement with them. Dan.9:27.

Jesus amplified and confirmed Daniel's 70th and final "Week," consisting of the abomination that causes desolation, in Mt.24:15 and 21, and in the counterparts of Mk.13 and in Lk.21.

4. The fig trees have sprouted leaves, we can see for ourselves and know that summer is near. Lk.21:29. Which began with the new nation of Israel, when it was reestablished on May 14, 1948.

5. The Christian Church of Jesus Christ is called up into heaven, symbolically illustrated by the apostle John in Rev.4:1-2, confirming 2 Thes.2:3 and 7-8. As prophecied in Jn.14:2-4, 28 and 1 Thes.4:16-17, while Israel and all non-believers will go through the seven year tribulation. The Church is seen again at their marriage of the Lamb [Jesus Christ] to His Bride [The Church] in heaven, recorded in Rev.19:7-9, while the tribulation is taking place on earth.

6. Jesus will return, seven ears later, with His Church, following Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, which stands for the righteous acts of the saints [Verse 8 NIV]. In His Second Coming to the earth, with His angels, in His armies from heaven, in Zech.14:4-5, Mt.24:31, Jude 14, and Rev.19:14.

7. Jesus will fight the battle of Armageddon, with His armies from heaven and end it, recorded in Rev.19:11-21. And save the remnant of Israel, who then recognize Him as their Messiah, recorded in Zech.12:10, and "all Israel will be saved," recorded in Rom.11:26...

8. The antichrist and the false prophet will be thrown into the lake of fire, and the armies of the ten horns [nations] are destroyed. Rev19:17-21. Jesus prophecy in Jn.10:16 will then be fulfilled, when there will be one fold [Israel and His Church] and one Shepherd. It is at this stage of end times chronology the 70 Weeks prophecy in Dan.9:27 will end.
9..Satan is caught and thrown into the Abyss for the same 1,000 years that Jesus will reign, in His kingdom here on the earth. Rev.20:6, confirming Mt.6:9-13; Zech.6:12-13, described in Ez.40-47; Acts 1:6; 2:29-30 and 15:16.

10. The first resurrection takes place which consists of all those brought to the Lord during the tribulation by the 144,000 Israelite evangelists. They will be martyred during the tribulation, by the two beasts, the antichrist, the false prophet and the ten horns [nations] allied to them. Those who are brought to Christ by the 144,000 Israelite evangelists, in the absence of the departed Church during the tribulation, do not belong to the Christian Church [who will be raptured before the seven year tribulation begins, as addressed above]. They will be made priests of God and of Christ, and rule with Him for 1,000 years, after their resurrection, according to Rev.20:4 and 6. They will be beheaded and pay with their lives for their testimony of Jesus, by the two beasts, the antichrist, the false prophet and the ten horns [nations] allied to them..

11. The Millennial Kingdom of Christ will consist of the one body of Christ, His Church, all those who survived the tribulation, besides the resurrected martyrs, and the remnant of Israel. In numbers alone, from an estimated original 7 billion people, there will only be 2.3 billion remaining , of those who had to go through the tribulation, recorded in Zech.13:8. Life expectancy will be greatly increased. Isa.65:20 and 11:6-9.

12. Jesus 1,000 year kingdom will begin at this point, according to Rev.20:6, here on the earth, on the throne of David, in the restored kingdom of Israel, confirming Acts 1:6; 2:29-30 and 15:16. At the same time the 1,000 years Satan will be in the Abyss, according to Rev.20:1-3. Jesus prophecy in Jn.10:16 will then be fulfilled, when there will be one fold, Israel and the Church, with one Shepherd. When Jesus Millennial kingdom has ended, 1,000 years later, at the Great White Throne judgment, recorded in Rev.20:11-15. Satan will be released and go out to deceive the people and nations again in his last rebellion against God and gather a huge army who come against God's people, surrounding Jerusalem. But God will send fire and sulfur down from heaven, as He did at Sodom and Gomorrah, destroying them all, and throwing Satan into the lake of fire, forever, in Rev.20:7-10.

13. The second resurrection takes place according to Rev.20:5, that consists of all those who will be saved during the Millennial reign of Jesus here on the earth, as well as the Godless and wicked, at the Great White Throne Judgment, set up to judge them, right here on earth. The sea, death and Hades all give up their dead and will then be thrown into the lake of fire. Meaning, that all who were in the 'temporal holding tanks' of Sheol, Hades and Hell will be removed to face judgment, along with death itself, disposed of forever. For all those who participate in the second resurrection, if their name is not found in the book of life, will be thrown into the lake of fire forever. Rev.20:11-15, and Dan.12:2 and Mt.25:46 will be fulfilled.

14. The old heaven and earth will pass away, recorded in Rev.21:1 [Destroyed by fire according to 2 Pet.3:7] and God will provide an all new heaven and earth, and the new eternal city of Jerusalem will descend from heaven, 1,500 miles long and as wide as it is long and as high as it is wide, Rev.21:1-16.

15. The rest of chapters 21 and 22 allude to a description of the coming eternal city and life of all believers who will be with the Lord forever.

Quasar92

Upvote 0