Saint Peter says: Second Advent = Second Resurrection - All Other Theories Debunked

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's amazing what one finds in the scriptures when one's senses are tuned into God's.

2 Peter chapter 3 specifically proves the 2nd Advent is the 2nd Resurrection in Rev 20:19 to 21:1 because it specifically says we look forward to a new heaven and new earth when Christ returns, and a new heaven and earth only occurs at the 2nd resurrection. Rapture theory debunked!.

You can read the entire chapter and see what else Peter says about it being an early church doctrine among the believers, and about those who struggle with false doctrines..

I really wonder what book is Denominational Christianity really reading?

jlupw8r.jpeg
ridign lions.jpeg

Last edited:

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
It's amazing what one finds in the scriptures when one's senses are tuned into God's.

2 Peter chapter 3 specifically proves the 2nd Advent is the 2nd Resurrection in Rev 20:19 to 21:1 because it specifically says we look forward to a new heaven and new earth when Christ returns, and a new heaven and earth only occurs at the 2nd resurrection. Rapture theory debunked!.

Read the entire chapter and see what else Peter says about it being an early church doctrine among the believers, and about those who struggle with false doctrines..

What book is Denominational Christianity reading?

Are you planning of pointing out any specific details, or is this just an announcement?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You can read the entire chapter and see what else Peter says about it being an early church doctrine among the believers, and about those who struggle with false doctrines..

View attachment 190976 View attachment 190977
What is the first resurrection?

A girl who had died was raised to life -- Matthew 9:18-26.
The widow's son at Nain was raised up -- Luke 7:11-17..
Lazarus was raised to life -- John 11:43
Jesus was was resurrected on the third day after his death -- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
A widow named Tabitha died and was raised to life -- Acts 9:40.

How many resurrections have there been so far?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

View attachment 190976 View attachment 190977

Hmmmm, I just re-read those verses and I fail to see what you see.

Reactions: Satanist.
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Christ was the first to rise out of the dead. Jesus was, literally, the "first resurrection." This fact is well attested by the writings of the New Testament.

The first resurrection was Jesus Christ:
Revelation 1:5 Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born out of the dead
Acts 26:23 Christ should suffer and...be the first that should rise from the dead
Colossians 1:18 He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead
1 Corinthians 15:20 Christ hath risen out of the dead--the first-fruits of those sleeping he became
Jesus Christ was, plainly, the first resurrection.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi precepts,

I'll just state my position regarding your post and that should do it.

IF your understanding is correct, then, Peter was wrong.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted
That will have to do it because you don't want to hear the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Jesus was was resurrected on the third day after his death -- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Isn't this the "orthodox" section?

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hmmmm, I just re-read those verses and I fail to see what you see.
Then you have a reading comprehension problem, because it's an open and shut case. No court of law can deny what's being said here. Maybe you, but not them.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus Christ was the first to rise out of the dead. Jesus was, literally, the "first resurrection." This fact is well attested by the writings of the New Testament.

Revelation 1:5 Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born out of the dead
Acts 26:23 Christ should suffer and...be the first that should rise from the dead
1 Corinthians 15:20 Christ hath risen out of the dead--the first-fruits of those sleeping he became
Why do you blaspheme the scriptures? You full well know the 1st resurrection is mentioned in Revelation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then you have a reading comprehension problem, because it's an open and shut case. No court of law can deny what's being said here. Maybe you, but not them.

Then I must have a reading comprehension problem. Either that or your opening post lacked a descent explanation. If it's this open and shut case...your point should be obvious...but guess what? it isn't.
Perhaps I'm just not tuned in to God as much as you are. What do you think?

Reactions: Alan Vaughan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You full well not the 1st resurrection is mentioned in Revelation.

Indeed. :)

This fact forms the basis of St. John's depiction of the tribulation martyr saints becoming full partakers of the "first resurrection" in Revelation 20--everything Christ received by his death and resurrection is granted to them. Revelation 20:4-6, therefore, depicts the reality of Pauline theology concerning the identity Christ's followers had "in Him." Paul had taught that the saints were to become partakers of Christ's own reign and victory over death. Paul, with his detailed theology of our baptism into the very death and resurrection of Jesus (Rom 6:3-14), taught that the saints had co-resurrection and co-enthronement in the realized resurrection and enthronement of Jesus Christ:
The saints have co-resurrection in Jesus Christ:
Ephesians 1:20 (Christ's resurrection) He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places
Ephesians 2:5-6 (the saints' co-resurrection in Christ) [God] made us alive together with Christ...and raised us up with Him
Colossians 2:12 (the saints' co-resurrection in Christ) ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead
Colossians 3:1 (the saints' co-resurrection in Christ) If ye, then, be risen with Christ, seek those things that are above

The saints have co-enthronement in Jesus Christ
Ephesians 1:20-22 (Christ's enthronement) He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet
Ephesians 2:6 (the saints' co-enthronement in Jesus Christ) God...raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus
Colossians 3:1 (the saints' co-enthronement in Jesus Christ) Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

The suffering, overcomer saints reign with Him
Revelation 3:21 (cf. 2:26-27) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne
2 Timothy 2:11-12 If we be dead with him, we shall live with him; if we suffer, we shall also reign with him
Philippians 3:8-12 I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him...that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death in order that I may attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that

The tribulation saints of Revelation 6:9-11, after being told to rest for a short time that the rest of the shed blood of the appointed martyrs might fill up the fullness of God's wrath (Matt 23:34-36; Rev 18:20,24; 19:2; 16:4-6,19; 17:6; 18:5-6; 1 Thess 2:14-16), were granted the realization of their co-inheritance with Christ--this realization of their hope is depicted in Revelation 20:4-6. St. John shows us the tribulation saints co-raised and co-enthroned with Jesus, realizing the full hope of St. Paul's teaching on the saints' reign and resurrection in the reign and resurrection of Jesus.

In sum, Revelation 20:4-6 is a narrative depiction of the saints' realization of the glorious promise Paul held out for them in his teachings--the saints are depicted as having attained the goal for which they all strove. As Paul taught, their resurrection and reign was "in Christ,"; and their sufferings and martyrdoms were honored by God with the reward of partaking in Christ's own resurrection, enthronement, and reign. They realized the promise of Paul's teaching that the saints were truly to take part in the first resurrection, the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Truly, on these the second death has no power (Rev 20:6).

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The "first resurrection" in John chapter 5 is the process of being spiritually passed from death to life upon coming to faith in Christ. It is found in John 5:24. The second resurrection in John 5 is of the body and is found in John 5:28-30. This bodily resurrection occurs at 2 Peter chapter 3, and is also found in Revelation 11:18. Both are describing the Second Coming of Christ described in 1 Thessalonians chapters 4 and 5, which occurs on the "day of the Lord", when He comes "as a thief". It is also found in Revelation 16:15-16.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And by extension, all those in whom Christ lives, have partaken in the first resurrection already. Just as we were crucified with him, we were raised with him. (Ephesians 2:5-6,Colossians 2:12-13,Colossians 3:1)

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Although I agree with you, scoffers will find plenty of ways to wiggle out of this one as Peter only loosely ties the events together.

verse 4
They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised?

verse 10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief

verse 12
That day [day of God] will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire

verse 13
But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth

Some will even claim that the "day of the Lord" and the "day of God" are two different things. :doh:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Satanist.
Upvote 0