Sadness for people other than the Levys

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
My greatest source of sadness in this whole Chandra Levy disappearance case, is the other women and children out there who went missing about the same time.

They could have used just a small portion of that media attention and police man-power. Perhaps if we as a nation had our heads where they should be, we would realize that just because a girl has an affair with a Congressman, she does not deserve more attention than any other missing person.

Perhaps if only a fraction of the attention that this girl has been receiving was spent on other missing people, they may have had a great chance of being discovered before it was too late.

It is disgraceful, what we think makes someone a 'media priority'. All she did was commit adultery after all.

On a political level:

After Ted Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe....you would think that a young girl who gets involved with a married Congressman would know what she is in for.

Sorry, if I seem cold or harsh. But this has been chaffing me the wrong way for a few days now, and I just had to vent.