• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Sad News To Report

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by FineLinen, Sep 10, 2019.

1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,168
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    666........interesting.

If you read further on, you will see Judas mentioned. And we all know what happened after the Last Supper when Jesus finished His famous Garden discourse........
    Judas and the minions of the Satan/Devil Jewish Rulers/Chief Priests show up........the false religious "rulers of the world".
    "Judas" is also another name for "Judah", the tribe Jesus was descended from

John 6:
    66At this, many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 67Jesus said therefore to the twelve, "You don't also want to go away, do you?" 68Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We have come to believe and know that you are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
    70Jesus answered them, "Didn't I choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?" 71Now he spoke of Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, for it was he who would betray him, being one of the twelve.
    Luke 22:3
    Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.

John 13:
    2 The evening meal was underway, and the Devil had already put into the heart of Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus
    18 “I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.' [Psalms 41:19]
    ==============================
    Then the longest discourse by Jesus in the NT before He is arrested, tried and crucified.........

John 12:31 "Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

John 14:30 "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.

John 16:11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged

The Betrayal of Jesus
    (Matthew 26:47-56; Luke 22:47-53; John 18:1-14)

John 18:3 Judas, therefore, having taken the band and officers out of the Chief priests and Pharisees, doth come thither with torches and lamps, and weapons;
    ===========================
    Judah is actually named as the "Rich Man" in this covenantle parable of Luke 16:

Luke 16 "Rich Man/Poor Man" parable.....The most misunderstood/misinterpreted Parable in the NT?
    Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

LUKE 16:27 "Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.' " (NKJV)

Yielding himself to his destiny, the rich man asks one more thing of his forefather Abraham. He pleads with him to send someone to warn his brothers, so that they may escape "this place of torment" (basanou), the testing and punishment that he was undergoing, Simeon, Levi, Issachar, and Zebulun (Gen. 35:23).

The fact that the rich man has five brothers is a vital clue to his true symbolic identity.
    Judah, the progenitor of the Jews, was the son of Jacob through Leah (Gen. 29:35). He had five full-blooded brothers: Reuben
    While the significance of this seemingly pointless detail has been neglected by scholars throughout the centuries, you can be certain that it did not escape the notice of the Pharisees and scribes to which Yeshua was speaking. They thoroughly knew their history and were extremely proud of their heritage. Yeshua wanted those self-righteous Pharisees to know exactly who he was referring to with this parable.
    This detail cements the identity of the rich man as the House of Judah, the Jews!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Nonsense. Gnosticism is heresy, as well as their Sophia. An abomination to the living God.

3. ~Zao~

~Zao~ Great is Thy Faithfulness Supporter

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki › Sophia_(Gnosticism)
    Ya not at all what I was talking about, Christ’s twin ^_^ That ship marooned with Paul lol I think we’re all on the Argon now. Anyway have a good day brinny. Sianara

4. brinny

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Sophia is Gnostic, and Satan has attempted to weave her and other myths and legends all in the Bible. It is written that we are to be aware of and avoid the pitfalls, deceit, and traps of false gospels and teachings that are heretical and an abomination to the living God.

5. ~Zao~

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Because you objected to the use of sophia you have disregarded everything else that the analogy was about :sigh: whatever ... nice cloud dust but no rain!

6. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,861
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    "Many are called but few are choosen". We have to live a life of holiness and sanctification if we want to be used by God. Not everyone responds to God's call on them and their life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. brinny

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Sophia and Gnosticism are heretical. They oppose the living God, just as Lucifer did, and then was re-named Satan, God's adversary.

I'm merely pointing out what is not of God.

We are admonished to do just that.

8. ~Zao~

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    And I’m merely pointing out what is of God. If you have any objection to my posts other than the analogy to the name ‘Sophia’ wisdom, I wish you would get to the point. And please don’t get mired in names.

9. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+4,529
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Not quite.
    We can hear the Gospel - the whole Gospel plus the resurrection and promise of the Holy Spirit. And we have a choice whether or not to say "yes" to Jesus; raise your hand in a service, go forward at an altar call, talk to a Minister and then say the sinners prayer. The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus, Romans 6:23 - gifts are no good if you do not take and unwrap them.
    Now of course you could say that anyone responding to Jesus can only do so if the Spirit has already been working in their heart, unknown to them, maybe through the prayers of believers. That may well be true. But an individual still has the ability to say either, "I will follow you" or "no thanks, I'll stick with my friends" - they even have the ability to change their mind a few times. Haven't you ever heard of people who became Christians, turned away in a time of hardship, and then turned back, maybe many years later? Or people who were adamant they hated God and joined a cult or another faith, only to become a Christian some time later?

It was true that none of the 12 CHOSE Jesus, but when he said "follow me", they willingly did so; no one made them. God gave Adam and Eve a choice - he did not force them to eat the fruit from the tree.
    And the thing about this kind of argument is, that people are quite willing to believe that God can choose, but that for some reason we, who are made in his image, cannot.

10. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,168
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Hello brinny.
    I did a google search and actually came up with a thread on the TAW board of CF

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sop...I6wKHZbWCzgQrQIoBDAAegQIBhAN&biw=1366&bih=626

Home Forums > Christian Congregations (Christians Only) > Christian Communities > The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox >

Is Sophia/Wisdom a feminine Spirit? If so, what is its relationship to Christ?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+4,529
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I thought someone would pick up on that. I might have guessed it would be you. ;)

12. ~Zao~

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    And so back to the main point before all the confusion and accusations:

Choosing for appointment and living a life that bears fruit is a very fine line indeed. Sophia wisdom seems to be the governing factor for those who are under it’s breathing (soul-life given) For instance in the promotion of hospitals, abolishing slavery and that sort of thing, fruit that will remain. A renewing of the mind to Christ and His ways for His people. The fire baptism that occurred for service seems to be for His speficif workings to get His work done for Himself rather than a general benefit for people of the world.

13. brinny

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    It is the living God, El Elyon, Who abhors heresy. It is written all throughout His Word.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; " ~II Cor 10:3-5

Praying.

Let it rain.

14. danielmears

danielmears Member Supporter

+86
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Right, but He also said we must,"do", as He says!

15. brinny

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
  16. ~Zao~

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I think I read somewhere that He hates false witnesses too.

17. brinny

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Are you referring to the Bible verses in my post (#93) that you quoted from?

Praying.

Let it rain?

18. ~Zao~

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; " ~II Cor 10:3-5​

Spiritual warfare, looking at the principles behind the precept, in effect, yes.

19. brinny

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Why did you refer to those verses as false witness?

Praying.

Let it rain.

20. ~Zao~

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    No, brinny, it was you false witnessing against me, calling me a heretic that I objected to.