• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Sad News To Report

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by FineLinen, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ~Zao~

~Zao~ Great is Thy Faithfulness Supporter

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Look if you want to bring gnosticism into the conversation of Sophia wisdom because ‘they’ mentioned it, it cannot detract from the Wisdom that is Christ for our benefit. That’s like saying the Muslems believe there was a Christ but because they believe he was a prophet that proves that christianity is wrong. I really don’t get your reasoning...

2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    You brought up Sophia, as per your post i quoted (post #45).

Sophia, along with Gnosticism from which Sophia originates, is heresy.

3. ~Zao~

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    The Wisdom of Christ given to the churches is the foundation via Romans 12:1-3

4. AlexDTX

AlexDTX Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,449
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Was this posted in the atheist section? Otherwise, I don't see any point to the post since we are already Christians and are in Christ. Perhaps you want to stir up controversy. What a waste of discussion. Not in the least bit edifying, either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,168
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Indeed. Gotta be willing to drink the water/words of life.......

John 4
    13 Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again.
    14 But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.
    Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life.”

John 7:37 [Isaiah 43:19]
    In yet the last day, the great, of the feast, Jesus stood and cries-out, saying,
    "If-ever any-one may be thirsting, let him be coming toward Me and be drinking"

John 14:6
    Jesus is saying to him: "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one is coming toward the Father except thru Me".

John 19:28 After this, the Jesus having seen that already all-things has been finished, that may be being finished the Writing/Scripture, is saying: "I thirst".
    Revelation 7:16
    16 Never again will they hunger, and never will they thirst;
    nor will the sun beat down upon them, nor any scorching heat.
    17 For the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd.
    He will lead them to springs of living Water,
    and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes

Revelation 21:6 And He said to me:" it-has-become/gegonen <1096> (5754). I Am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
    I, to the one thirsting, shall be giving out of the spring of the water of the life gratuitously".

Revelation 22:17 And the spirit and the bride are saying: "Be coming!
    and the one hearing let him say! Be coming!
    and the one thirsting, let him be coming!

The one willing, let him be taking! the water of the life gratuitously.

:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+4,529
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    The 12 disciples didn't choose Jesus - doesn't mean we can't, though.
    Jesus invited them to follow him; he didn't make them. Plenty of others turned back when it got too hard, John 6:66.

7. brinny

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    What has this got to do with my post that you responded to and quoted?

I understand the living God's wisdom and i study it. It's all in and throughout Proverbs and God's Word.

That's why it caught my attention when you mentioned the Gnostic and occultic and heresy of Sophia.

8. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,461
    Catholic
    Married
    Where is the sad news???

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. brinny

+104,249
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    i agree.

10. ~Zao~

+859
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Not Gnosticism ... but an increased understanding that you obviously have no understanding of :)

11. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,789
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Our salvation is not based on how much we read the bible or go to church or fast or pray or how many debate we can win here. And we are not entitled to more than the least, in our eyes, receive.

All my hard work....could be for naught.....

There fore I might have cause to complain when i receive my pay at the end of the day......"These workers came in at the last hour, and I was here from the beginning!"

12. Yarddog

+2,461
    Catholic
    Married
    Where is the sad news???

13. FineLinen

FineLinen Senior Veteran Supporter

+1,478
    Non-Denom
    Dear BNR: The Royal Road for discipleship remains exactly the same today as it has been for over 2000 years!

You did not choose Me...

14. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,789
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    For those who know, it is no news at all. But for they who do not....it is news.....maybe even sad. We must consider others and not just ourselves....for we are all one.

15. FineLinen

+1,478
    Non-Denom
    Dear Yarddog: For those who think for a nanosecond they walk in the ways of the Holy by any choice of their own, the news is not only sad but downright devastating!

Chosen in His Design for Him

16. danielmears

danielmears Member Supporter

+86
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The problem with this is no one knows who is chosen. People can have an awakening to the power of the Spirit at any point in their lives. Most on this forum are probably trying to grasp a greater understanding and more knowledge, so we just have to proceed, obeying, speaking, believing, receiving God's Word! The good news is Christ came to show us the way!

17. Yarddog

+2,461
    Catholic
    Married
    But what he has said isn't sad news for those who believe. It is sad for those who try to do it themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. StillGods

StillGods Well-Known Member

+902
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    He chose jobs for us to do after we are saved is what that refers to (we are saved if we choose life and bow the knee to Him which many dont choose life unfortunately but choose death).

19. Yarddog

+2,461
    Catholic
    Married
    We have free will. That doesn't change anything in your OP.

20. FineLinen

+1,478
    Non-Denom
    Dear Daniel: The Archegos and Prodromos went a mite further than showing us the Way. He is the Prince-Leader of the Way!

He is bringing many sons to glory