Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
“As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God .”

He gave= Theos didomi

Not = ou

Of blood = haima

Nor = oude

The will = thelēma

The flesh = sarx

Of man = anēr

Of God = ek Theos

"I will draw all unto Me"

The question remains WHO will receive Him?

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
If adam and eve were ordained then why did they eat from the forbidden fruit?

For the Glory of God.. without that first sin.. man would never fully know God.. they would never understand His holiness, His justice or His mercy ...

The fall was ordained before the foundation of the world ...as was the means of forgiveness..

All to the glory of God

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
This post, in particular, this next to last sentence, is reminding me of "Universalism", due to lack of context.

Was a Savior necessary?
Only if one does not understand the word PAS

What has your response got to do with my post that you quoted from?

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's a verse that says exactly that, about choosing this day life or death, blessing or cursing.

it's sad about your son's school. Praying.

That is an OT text taken out of context .... One can not choose outside his nature .

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
joshua 1 9 said:
For the Glory of God.. without that first sin.. man would never fully know God.. they would never understand His holiness, His justice or His mercy ...

The fall was ordained before the foundation of the world ...as was the means of forgiveness..

All to the glory of God
For the Glory of God
Adam and Ever ate from the forbidden fruit "for the glory of God"?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
There's a verse that says exactly that, about choosing this day life or death, blessing or cursing.

it's sad about your son's school. Praying.
That is an OT text taken out of context .... One can not choose outside his nature .
What has your post got to do with my post that you just quoted from (and from months ago when i first posted it in response to another member's post?)

:scratch:

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

The fall was Gods plan for all eternity ..and everything that occurs is for His glory... They ate it in sin.. but it was ordained by God for His glory ..ALL things are for His glory

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

"Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:16) Our life is ordained but we still have free will. Lots of people are not following God's plan and purpose for them and their life. All of Creation is in a fallen condition and in need of restoration and redemption.

Dear Josh: It was the Gentiles who heard (note heard) were ordained to eternal life.

"When the Gentiles heard this, they were very glad and thanked the Lord for his message; and all who were chosen for eternal life became believers."

Man IS a will. He is a will in need of reconciliation to the Will of all wills. How free=

"..made subject to corruption not willingly but by reason of HIM who made it so."

Your question Josh=

What is the final outcome of this subjection?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
The fall was Gods plan for all eternity ..and everything that occurs is for His glory... They ate it in sin.. but it was ordained by God for His glory ..ALL things are for His glory
Where in the Bible are you basing your response on?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
What has your post got to do with my post that you just quoted from (and from months ago when i first posted it in response to another member's post?)

Context counts my friend ...

This makes no sense.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where in the Bible are you basing your response on?

All of it ...

1 Peter 20:He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Acts 2:23
He was delivered up by God's set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross.

Ephesians 1:4
For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love

1 Corth 2:7No, we declare God's wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.

Revelation 13:8
And all who dwell on the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The question remains WHO will receive Him?

Dear Mom: In Jesus Christ is a powerful scope of reconciliation, love and grace. There are many stages of Father's working in all three tenses of past present & future.

The future indicates every knee, every tongue, every dimension of the heavens. earth & underworld, bowing in worship before Him IN/EN His Holy Name.

Every>>>Pas>>>ta pante>>>the all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
@rnmomof7 i will not be responding further to any of your posts. i would appreciate it if you did not communicate nor respond to any of my posts further as well.

Thank you kindly.

"But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness." ~II Tim 2:16

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible uses the word CHOICE. What scripture are you talking about when you say "free will"?
I am talking about the doctrinal opposites of predestination and free will.

What is your response to post #463?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your response to post #463?
Love can not be love if love is not freely given. We are told: "For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will" (Eph1:4,5)

By what standard would some be chosen and some not? Those who walk in love are saved and those that do not walk in love will perish. Even we are to love our enemy in the hope that they come to a saving knowledge of the truth.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: rnmomof7
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Those who walk in love are saved and those that do not walk in love will perish. Even we are to love our enemy in the hope that they come to a saving knowledge of the truth.

Dear Josh: We love our enemy 70 X 7. Total forgiveness credits = 490.

Our forgiveness of our enemy has nothing to do with coming to a knowledge of the truth. It flows from the standard of God who has made it so.

However>>>>

The Creator of the standard runs out of forgiveness credits.

Reach 490 = too bad so sad: You have run out of credits.

Upvote 0