• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Sacroiliac Joint Troubles...

Heartfullofchrist

Friend to All
May 3, 2019
Olathe
✟9,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Hello, dear brothers and sisters in Christ!
Does anyone else here suffer from excruciating pain in their SI joint? I ironically work in a hospital that does injections and nerve burns for that area but I can't afford it. I've tried everything to get the pain to go away but it won't. Stretching helps temporarily but I need something more. Thank you!!

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I got a couple of bulging discs and prolapse disc. Pain can be horrible. Currently hoping to have an injection soon. No idea when. Waiting to see pain management team.

Have you tried heat and ice? I use a hot water bottle which does help a little.

Currently take ibuprofen and paracetamol. Tried various so called stronger medications but no good.

I offer up my sufferings to God.

May God bless you and heal you friend.

Upvote 0

Lapidarius

Jul 7, 2019
Queensland
✟16,003.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a fibromyalgia sufferer I regularly have issues with my SI joints. Although SIs only move millimetrically often one of mine gets stuck in an elevated position causing a very painful bout of bursitis affecting the trochanter as well.

As a result of this and other issues I have found myself a fabulous, hands on physio. She has given me the greatest relief of any kind available. Because of the fibro the SI problem tends to repeat if I do much activity so fo me, physio is used every 6-8 weeks for maintenance.

If your SIs are in fact out of alignment then it will require the services of a knowledgeable physio to realign them and to relax the muscles that are pulling them out of position. After that, exercises to strengthen the gluteus muscles can be very helpful in keeping your pelvis at the correct angle.

Upvote 0

Julian of Norwich

English Catholic
Nov 10, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟81,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
As a fibromyalgia sufferer I regularly have issues with my SI joints. Although SIs only move millimetrically often one of mine gets stuck in an elevated position causing a very painful bout of bursitis affecting the trochanter as well.

As a result of this and other issues I have found myself a fabulous, hands on physio. She has given me the greatest relief of any kind available. Because of the fibro the SI problem tends to repeat if I do much activity so fo me, physio is used every 6-8 weeks for maintenance.

If your SIs are in fact out of alignment then it will require the services of a knowledgeable physio to realign them and to relax the muscles that are pulling them out of position. After that, exercises to strengthen the gluteus muscles can be very helpful in keeping your pelvis at the correct angle.

Is this also true (or do you know) if PT would also help osteoarthritis of the SI?

Upvote 0

Lapidarius

Jul 7, 2019
Queensland
✟16,003.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could not say for certain, but it might be worth a visit to a capable physio to check your SIs (and potentially the rest of your pelvis) for alignment anyway. Also the physio may have some strategies to take pressure off the areas affected by osteoarthritis.

Upvote 0