who ascended to heaven and sits on the right hand of the power of God,
hence He shall come to judge the living and the dead,
I believe in the Holy Spirit;
I believe one Christian Church of the elect,
the holy communion of believers,
the forgiveness of sin, the everlasting life and the resurrection,
in the glorified body of flesh.

I believe the Scriptures, the true, only and closed canon
of authority for and in the faith, doctrine and living.
God speaks in the Scriptures
through his Spirit in the Congregation
of the Son in Whom we have life.

The Election of God :
The reconciliation and justification in Jesus Christ of those
according to God’s Eternal Predestination and Purpose
in Covenant of Grace elected and
in the Baptism of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit
sealed and attested in regeneration and sanctification
of repentance and conversion, of redemption from sin, and
of growth and perseverance in faith.

The Lord’s Supper of bread, wine and the washing of feet,
as through faith partaking
of Jesus Christ, of his body and of his blood,
his Salvation proclaiming and Return expecting.

The Lord’s Day
the Sabbath of the Lord thy God,
for God concerning the Seventh Day thus spoke,
and God on the Seventh Day from all his works rested
according to the working of the exceeding greatness
of his mighty power which He wrought in Christ
when He raised Him from the dead
and finished all his works He had made
to reign, the King, for ever and ever.

Sabbaths’ Feast of Christ Home Assemblies Reformed Protestant Faith
To joy in the Fellowship of Christians persuaded by God of the sanctity of the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD your God for to be the Lord Jesus’ Day of Worship-Rest.
The urgency of Sabbaths’ celebration for the Christian Faith and Church, springs from the knowledge of the energy of God’s operation in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. Ephesians 1:17-23.
The Sabbath, its engagement and enjoyment, are grounded in Divine Election and Predestination and realised in the “Gospel of God concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord”, whom God the Father “Declared the Son of God with Power according to the Spirit of Holiness by resurrection from the dead:— by Whom we have received Grace for the obedience of the Faith for His Name among all nations, among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ, to the end ye may be established and comforted by the mutual faith in the Gospel of His Son.” Romans 1:1...12.

Therefore we remember and celebrate “The Lord’s Day”, Sabbaths’ Eating and Drinking of the Lord’s Feast, holding to the Head nourishment being ministered, growing with the growth of God, proclaiming Jesus Christ Raised from the dead. (Col2:12-19)

“Where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there I am in the midst of them.”
We are not a ‘Church’ – new, or, another!
We do not take money or favours!
We don’t have nor desire an ‘earthly tabernacle’ to worship!
We do not want ‘growth’ in numbers!
We do not ‘count the nation’ or record attendance!
We do not baptise!
We do not convert!
We are few, and will stay few.
We believe because God had given us faith first.
We love because God first loved us.
We love the Fellowship of Christ, and in Christ.
We love the Name of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
We love the fear of God and His Word Proclaimed.
We love the pure Gospel of God’s free Grace.
We love the knowledge and increase in the knowledge of Christ.
We are not ashamed of, nor let ourselves be judged with regard to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Ro1:16, Col2:16)
Therefore we remember and celebrate “The Lord’s Day” Sabbaths’ Eating and Drinking of the Lord’s Feast, holding to the Head nourishment being ministered, growing with the growth of God, proclaiming Jesus Christ Raised from the dead. (Col2:12-19)
“For this cause we do not cease to pray that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.” (Col1:9)
‘Singing in our heart to the Lord’, we ‘sing with the spirit and with understanding’, ‘speaking to ourselves in Psalms’. (Col3:16, 1Cor14:15, Eph5:9,19)
We abhor self-righteousness or ‘legalism’.
We abhor self-satisfaction or complacency.
We abhor boasting or distinction of men.

Join in Sabbath’s Celebration and Fellowship through the study and proclamation of the Word ‘according to the Scriptures’...

Sola fides
Sola gratia
Solus Christus
Soli Deo Gloria
Sola Scriptura
… TULIP …
… OSAS …
“O that I may know HIM, and, the POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION” ---THEN I shall be a believer of the Sabbath, “the day the Seventh Day Sabbath-of-the-LORD GOD”. O Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner!

3, We lament and reject the (sectarian) disregard and denial of
the historical Christian Church as The One Catholic Holy Communion of Believers and Body of Christ's Own of all times and all peoples.

Last edited:

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Therefore we remember and celebrate “The Lord’s Day”,
Why would anyone celebrate judgement and destruction?

Joel 1:15 Alas for that day! For the Lord’s Day is near; it will come like destruction from the Almighty.

Joel 2:11b The Lord’s Day is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it?

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would anyone celebrate judgement and destruction?

Joel 1:15 Alas for that day! For the Lord’s Day is near; it will come like destruction from the Almighty.

Joel 2:11b The Lord’s Day is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it?

<<Why would anyone celebrate judgement and destruction?>>

Everyone is to find out sooner or later, too soon or betimes.

Q—We therefore remember and celebrate “The Lord’s Day”, Sabbaths’ Eating and Drinking of the Lord’s Feast, holding to the Head nourishment being ministered, growing with the growth of God, proclaiming Jesus Christ Raised from the dead. (Col2:12-19)—Q But also read Isaiah 54:7-14.

<<Why would anyone celebrate judgement and destruction?>> Because there was One who was willing and able to "ENDURE" it!

I think one may summarize why, because Christ rose, "FROM THE DEAD"; because He is, The Dead, Risen. Because He was made sin for us, so that now He is "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS".

That is wherefore we, being freed from judgment and destruction "together with Christ in his death", may celebrate in hope and faith of our justification and restoration "together with Christ in his Resurrection".
We may in hope and faith of our justification and restoration "together with Christ in his Resurrection", <celebrate> “Sabbaths’ Feast of CHRIST THE SUBSTANCE”.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"They (as written in the law of Moses with rejoicing and with singing) sang, God save the King" after "on the Sabbath... they had killed Athaliah and whoso followed her, and slew Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars which they brake... And all the people rejoiced; and the City was quiet, AFTER THEY HAD SLAIN ATHALIAH."

“So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, THEN, shall be brought to pass the shout of celebration that is written, DEATH, is swallowed up in Victory—O DEATH, where is thy sting? O GRAVE, where is thy victory?!

<<Why would anyone celebrate judgement and destruction?>> Because none other can, or will!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because He rose from the dead on it.
? ? ?

HE rose on the day of final judgement and destruction? (which has not happened yet)

He rose on Yom haBikkurim. [Day of First Fruits]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
? ? ?

HE rose on the day of final judgement and destruction? (which has not happened yet)

To me this sounds like a slice of macon of Bokko Haram.

But you asked, <<HE rose on the day of final judgement and destruction? (which has not happened yet)>>.

Yes He did. Because the Sabbath from the first Seventh Day God made clothes from skins for Adam and Eve and chased them out of his Rest as well as His Holy Day of Rest reserved IN AND FOR CHRIST IN THE END TIME, and stationed an angel with flaming sword to prevent sinners entrance to the Tree of Life until He, the Saviour, would be sacrificed on it for the forgiveness of their sins, from that first Seventh Day God "made the Sabbath" on, the Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD, has always been and in The Last Day will be BOTH <<the day of final judgement and destruction>> and of final salvation and restitution of all things BY THE GLORY OF JESUS' RESURRECTION ON IT "so that ye may know WHAT is the hope of his calling and WHAT the riches of his glory IN HIS INHERITANCE IN THE SAINTS", "the Body of Christ's Own of Sabbaths' Feast of CHRIST THE SUBSTANCE" and of the RICHES and GLORY of that hope fallen, hopeless, devastated, sinners have IN CHRIST.

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you mean the day of passover "the day after the sabbath", "great day of sabbath" and "feast day", "on the fifteenth day of the First Month"?
Do you mean "the third day" of the passover "on the 16th day of the First Month" when the priest had to "wave the first sheaf of the first fruits" of winter's harvest, "before the LORD"?

If yes, then yes, Jesus rose from the dead <<on Yom haBikkurim. [Day of First Fruits]>>.
It was on the Sabbath, "the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD" the God of Israel, the God of the Fourth Commandment, "Remember the Sabbath", "the Sabbath Day of rest holy to the LORD ... for the LORD on the day The Seventh Day rested and was revived."
Yes, if <<Yom haBikkurim>> is "That Selfsame Day", then <<Yom haBikkurim>> is the day I mean.

Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is <<the REST of the Moedim>>?

The Feasts of YHWH - The TRUE Holy Days. ALL of his Sabbaths point to Messiah. All of them have as much or more in them as the weekly Sabbath.

Not to diminish this work (in the OP), but to encourage MORE.

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Feasts of YHWH - The TRUE Holy Days. ALL of his Sabbaths point to Messiah. All of them have as much or more in them as the weekly Sabbath.

Not to diminish this work (in the OP), but to encourage MORE.

I'm afraid that I'm opposed to the idea then, of <<the REST of the Moedim>>. Absolutely opposed; with my whole being, so help me God, opposed to it!

There is one thing helpful though about <<the REST of the Moedim>>, especially --thanks to the way you defined the matter here--, and that is the clear-cut distinction between <<the REST of the Moedim>> and "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath : OF THE LORD GOD".

Note that you mention <<the REST of the Moedim>>, whereas "the Sabbath" is defined in the Scriptures as, literally in the Hebrew, "the DAY : The Seventh Day Sabbath=Rest-DAY : OF (belonging to) the LORD GOD".

It's <<the REST of the Moedim>> over against "the DAY of the Lord". That is essential, of the essence, and most important. Because "the day, The Seventh Day Sabbath-DAY of the LORD GOD" is not in competition with "the REST of God" which is GOD'S, Rest, Christ-- Who also is God's Peace and Good Pleasure and is NOT THE SABBATH OR the Sabbath DAY!

This is unmistakably clear in Hebrews 4, where verse 4 defines "the Seventh Day concerning (which) God... in times past through the prophets... and in these last days BY THE SON... THUS, SPAKE : And God the DAY The Seventh Day from all, HIS, WORKS, RESTED". "Rested", 'katepausen'. It is GOD who "rested"; it is not <<the REST of the Moedim>>.
Then in verses 9,10, the Substantive. It is "the REST : OF GOD" -- 'katapausis tou Theou'; it is NOT the Sabbath's, 'rest', which is called, not a 'katapausis'--Divine Rest, but a "DAY" : a human WORK of "keeping a DAY of Rest the Sabbath..." (all in one word, 'sabbatismos') "...for the PEOPLE of God". ('tohi Laohi tou Theou')

Thus "the Day the Seventh DAY Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD", "concerning (which) God in sundry times past through the prophets", "in these last days spake", became the "Day for the PEOPLE of God, to keep / observe/ celebrate / feast" ... became the WORK, of God's People they were to DO, on the Sabbath Day.

Observe how Jesus Christ invested the Sabbath Day with an honour it not before was endowed with. At first it was "the Sabbath OF THE LORD" for HIM to "finish, his, WORKS" on; in which WORKS of God, "GOD, RESTED"-- rested "by the Son". "By the Son", now, "the Sabbath was made: for man"; "was made for man", "the DAY the Sabbath-DAY-of-rest for MAN...the PEOPLE of God, to do his / their, Sabbath Day's WORK on". A 'Sabbatismos' is / became, the People's WORK-of-rest "on the DAY The Seventh Day GOD...in times past through the prophets...thus spake, And God the day The Seventh Day from all HIS, works rested."
Now note that also in the Greek in Hebrews 4:4b, just like in the Hebrew in the Sabbath Commandment, it literally is written that "God the DAY The Seventh Day rested."

Specifically in these last days it has become a major argument in anti-Sabbath apologetics, that <<Jesus is our Sabbath>> and that <<the Rest of God is our Sabbath-Rest>>. Which 'argument' merely is the confusion of "the Rest of God" and "a Sabbath DAY'S keeping still valid / remaining for the People of God."

It has been the rise of 'messianic Christianity' during the last decades, with its insistence on keeping <<The Feasts of YHWH - The TRUE Holy Days. ALL of his Sabbaths [that] point to Messiah>>, that gave occasion for the reactionary theology of anti-Sabbatism and its <<Jesus is our Sabbath>> and <<no law for the Christian to keep the Sabbath>> and so on ad infinitum.
It is ALL to be blamed on this fantastic novelty of <<the REST of the Moedim>> ... that <<All of them have as much or more in them as the weekly Sabbath.>>

It has been a most irresponsible religious adventure without any gear to head the certain storms which awaited its haphazard undertaking.

This is but the tip of the iceberg looked at in contemporary Sabbath apologetics. And the so called 'holy days' enthusiasm has done the Sabbath of the LORD'S case, no good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It has been the rise of ''messianic Christianity' during the last decades, with its insistence on keeping <<The Feasts of YHWH - The TRUE Holy Days.

Not at all true - The vehemence in Christianity toward the Sabbath is long held. One of my early questions when I was among the Reformed was precisely asking why we keep a Sunday sabbath when the Bible (which we all supposedly adhere to 'sola-scriptura') bears it no mention, at all, whatsoever. I quickly found there was no sense in arguing the point. Itching ears and all that.

It isn't that protestants protested, but rather, that they did not protest enough. Much of Rome remains, to include a whip-saw, knee-jerk reaction to anything 'Jewish'.

It is ALL to be blamed on this fantastic novelty of <<the REST of the Moedim>> ... that <<All of them have as much or more in them as the weekly Sabbath.>>

Then I will take my leave. But before I go, as a former Calvinist, I would encourage you to throw away your books and traditions and look plainly at how very brilliantly and incrementally the spring feasts were fulfilled by Yeshua.

And then understand that the fall Feasts are still to come, and ponder if they too, will be kept so very perfectly and if they too shout the name Yeshua in every single way. It is my estimation that they will be.

Have a great day. I am happy you have found Shabbat.
Shabbat Shalom.

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
look plainly at how very brilliantly and incrementally the spring feasts were fulfilled by Yeshua.

And then understand that the fall Feasts are still to come, and ponder if they too, will be kept

Jesus did not <<incrementally fulfil>> any feasts. His fulfilment as such, of ALL <feasts> effectively, “once for all”, brought about and was their end. He, Christ, became the Substance of (ONE) “Feast of (ALL) Sabbaths”, having encompassed and taken in, all of them in his death, burial and Resurrection from the grave and death “ON THE SABBATH”. Colossians 2:16,17 Matthew 28:1-4.

The same happened with the Seventh Day Sabbath.

What made the difference in the Sabbath’s case, was exactly and perfectly and FULLY, what made the difference in every and all cases of spiritual and moral and therefore ETERNAL laws and Law and law Principle, namely, that Jesus Christ in Person of the Word of God, RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD. There is no more to be said about the indestructible incorruptible immortal TRUTH of the FACT.

Therefore, ROSE Jesus Christ not from the dead, 1) “on the Sabbath”, and 2), “according to the Scriptures”, “God’s SPEAKING, as in times past through the prophets, THUS by the Son in these last days”, the Sabbath, JUST LIKE <<the feasts>>, would not have been! Period. There is no more to be said about the indestructible incorruptible immortal TRUTH of the FACT.

But like all true believers are “CO-RAISED TOGETHER WITH AND IN CHRIST”, God predetermined, fore-ordained, purposed and “appointed a DAY”, “the Sabbath Day”, “on” which, “in” which, and “in fullness of fulfilment” “of” which, “CHRIST is the all in all fulfilling FULLNESS OF GOD”. Christ’s Resurrection, the reason and cause and moving force for and of the reality and existence of the Church of Christ, is the reason, cause and moving force for and of the reality and existence of the Lord Jesus’ Day of Worship Rest by the Church, the Sabbath Day.

The Church keeps the Sabbath because Jesus rose from the dead on it.

Only one other ‘feast day’ which the Church keeps for the same reason of Jesus’ Resurrection on it, was the Day the First Sheaf was Waved before the LORD… which symbolized Jesus’ Resurrection of course!

Now “That Selfsame Day”, in a fiftieth and Jubilee Sabbath-year in which our Lord Jesus died and rose again, historically actually having been “the Seventh Day Sabbath”, the “Sabbath of the week”, it was the day Jesus was foreordained and appointed to rise on and indeed did rise on from the dead, “That Selfsame Day”.

The First Sheaf was “Waved before the LORD” on the Sabbath the Seventh Day of the week, and therefore Day of First Sheaf Waved and Sabbath Day merged, and became one, both having been “co-raised together with and in Christ” in that he rose in one and the same day, <<the weekly Sabbath>> the Christian “Sabbath”-‘sabbatohn’, “the Sabbath made for man” by Jesus’ Resurrection on it, “a Sabbath Rest Day to keep remaining for the People of God…because Jesus gave them Rest”, “the Sabbath the Son of Man is Lord of”, “The Lord’s Day”, the “Sabbaths’ Feast of CHRIST THE SUBSTANCE”.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean the day of passover "the day after the sabbath", "great day of sabbath" and "feast day", "on the fifteenth day of the First Month"?
Do you mean "the third day" of the passover "on the 16th day of the First Month" when the priest had to "wave the first sheaf of the first fruits" of winter's harvest, "before the LORD"?
No. There are 3 separate but interrelated feasts that go on together over a period of seven days (plus a few minutes)

The first one is Passover [Pesach] proper which is at "twilight" on the 14th of Abib/Nissan, just before sundown, which starts the 15th. At sundown, the first day of Unleavened Bread [Chag haMatzot] starts, which is a Sabbath no matter which day of the week it falls on. Then comes the Day of First Fruits [Yom haBikkurim] That is day 1 of the count to Shavuot/Pentecost which is 50 days later. (making it the same day of the week) First Fruits (according to the Sadducean calculation) is the day following the weekly Sabbath during Unleavened Bread. So it is always on the first day of the week, aka sunday. The gospel texts are clear that Our Lord rose on the first day of the week.

Paul even refers to the resurrection being on First Fruits when he calls Christ the "first fruits from the dead." 1 Cor 15.20,23

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whoa. Seventh Day Reformed. Will wonders never cease?
As in "Calvinist?" Interesting.
But I had a friend (now gone home) who was both SDA and "Word of Faith" pentecostal. So I guess anything is possible.
What of the REST of the Moedim?
There is the rub. It remains a blind spot IMO that our SDA brothers have yet to apprehend. The exact same arguments for keeping the "Jewish" sabbath apply equally well to the other "Jewish" feasts and sabbaths. While throwing off Roman influence in many things, they still hold on to the replacement theology formulated in the 2nd century to avoid Rome's persecution of the Jews.

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are 3 separate but interrelated feasts that go on together over a period of seven days (plus a few minutes)

The first one is Passover [Pesach] proper which is at "twilight" on the 14th of Abib/Nissan, just before sundown, which starts the 15th. At sundown, the first day of Unleavened Bread [Chag haMatzot] starts, which is a Sabbath no matter which day of the week it falls on. Then comes the Day of First Fruits [Yom haBikkurim] That is day 1 of the count to Shavuot/Pentecost which is 50 days later. (making it the same day of the week) First Fruits (according to the Sadducean calculation) is the day following the weekly Sabbath during Unleavened Bread. So it is always on the first day of the week, aka sunday. The gospel texts are clear that Our Lord rose on the first day of the week.

You got it so perfectly ... then ... why?! Why do you divert from the straight way, the way of the Scriptures the Passover-of-Yahweh-SCRIPTURES?

Suddenly, for no reason whatsoever apparent, you turn to the Sadducees, the blindest of the blind Jews, to lead you off the clear and straight and guaranteed road which you started on at the correct sign board, saying,
To
Passover Killed -- one day
Passover Buried -- two days
Passover Raised -- three days

Now this very roadmap which Our Passover followed to the letter, is just so, logged in the Gospels for all his followers after.

In Bethany : Lazarus raised; Bethany
John 11:17-53 four days in the grave. Bethany was near Jerusalem (22)
Away to rural town Ephraim
John 11:54-57 departed from there to Ephraim; passover was near (28)
Between Bethany and Jerusalem
“Six days before feast days of passover” : Sabbath [9th day of First Month]
John 12:1-11 “Six days before feast days of passover” (29)

B) The Last Week (sequence to day and hour)
Palm-Sunday : Entrance into Jerusalem : 5 days before Abib 15 is Abib 10
“Tenth day of the First Month” Exodus 12:3 Ezekiel 40:1 “Bone Day”
John 12:12-19 “the next day” (32)
= Mark 11:1-11 Bethania; entered Jerusalem; entered temple; late unto Bethany (33)
= Matthew 21:1-11 Bethphage; Jerusalem in (36)
= Luke 19:28-44 Bethphage and Bethany; into Jerusalem (38)

Last Week: Monday : 4 days before Abib 15 is Abib 11
Mark 11:12-14 “the morrow Bethany ... fig tree” (41)
= Luke 21:29-33 “behold the fig tree” (41)
Mark 11:15-17 “into temple”; “cast out them that sold”; “moneychangers”; “house of prayer” (42)
= Matthew 21:12-14 “into the temple ... cast out them that sold” (43)
= Luke 19:45,46 “into the temple ... cast out them that sold ... house of prayer” (43)
= Matthew 21:15-17 “children in the temple” (44)
= John 12:20-26 “Greeks … corn of wheat … for this cause I came”: 27 (44)
Mark 11:18 “sought how they might destroy him” (45)
= Luke 19:47,48 “sought to destroy him” (46)
Mark 11:19 “late ... he went out of the city” (46)
= Matthew 21:17 “out of the city into Bethany ... slept in sheepfold” (46)

Last Week: Tuesday : TEACHING 3 days before (Friday) Abib 15 is Abib 12
Mark 11:20 “early ... fig tree dried up” (47)
= Matthew 21:18-22; 45,46 “in the morning ... fig tree” cursed and “immediately dried up” (47)
Mark 11:27,28 “in Jerusalem in temple ... by what authority” (48)
= Matthew 21:23-25 “in temple ... what authority” (49)
= Luke 20:1-8 “one of Those Days ... what authority” (50)
Mark 12:35-37 “Jesus in the temple ... Dawid” (51)
= Matthew 22:23; 41-46 “the Same Day” (52)
= Matthew 24:1-3 “out of tempel … not be left one stone … on Mount of Olives disciples came privately” (53)
= Matthew 26:1-2 “after two day ... crucified” (53)
= John 12:27-36 “this hour ... if I be lifted up from the earth” (54)
= Luke 21:34-38 “on One of Those Days ... Watch that That Day come not upon you unawares” (56)

Last Week: Wednesday : 2 days before (Friday) Abib 15 is Abib 13
Mark 14:1,2 “after two days was the unleavened (days)”“sought how might take him ... not on feast” (57)
= Matthew 26:3-5 “consulted that they might take Jesus ... not on feast” (57)
= Luke 22:1,2 “feast drew near ... sought how” (58)
Mark 14:3-9 “house of Simon .. spikenard on head” (58)
= Matteus 26:6-13 “house of Simon .. spikenard on head” (59)
Mark 14:10,11 “Judas to priests ... promised him money” (61)
= Matthew 26:14-16 “Judas to priests ... covenanted thirty pieces silver” (61)
= Luke 22:3-6 “satan in Judas ... communed with priests ... covenanted money” (61)
= John 12:37-50 “he that rejecteth me ... receiveth not my words” (62)

B) Three days : "the first day"
Last Week: Thursday Abib 14 was 1 day “before” (Friday) Abib 15 (69)
2Chronicles 35:4,6,10,14 “prepared passover … killed the passover
= Exodus 12:15a “when they removed leaven”
= Leviticus 23:22,10 “when ye reap the corners ... bring the first sheaf”
Mark 14:12—15:41 “when they always killed the passover”
= Luke 22:7—23:49 “when they had to kill the passover”
= Mark 14:2 “not on the feast”
= Matthew 26:5 “not on the feast”
= John 19:14-30 “The Preparation of the Passover”
= Matthew 26:17—27:56 “the first day leaven was removed / the first day without leaven”
= John 12:32,34; 8:28 “the Son of Man must be lifted up”
= John 13:1—19:30 “before the feast ... his hour ... it was night ...”
= 1Corinthians 11:23 "The night in which the Lord was betrayed"
= John 16:32 “the hour ... ye shall be scattered every man”

Three daysthe second of :
= “the first day seven days ye shall eat unleavened bread” Exodus 12:15b; 12:18b Leviticus 23:6
= Last Week: Friday : Feast Day Sabbath of Passover was “Abib 15” (Friday)
Exodus 12:15,17,18,42,51
Mark 15:42-47 “having been evening already … since The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath having begun”
= John 19:31-42 “since the Preparation had begun ... because That Day was great-day-sabbath (of passover)”
= Matthew 27:57-61
= Luke 23:50-56a

Abib 14, Wednesday night and Thursday day = Fifth Day ....

1A) HERE BEGINS the NIGHT and the FIRST of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
wherein Jesus ENTERED IN in “the Kingdom of my Father” (Jesus’ Jonah’s descent to hell) :–
Mk14:12/17; Mt26:17/20; Lk22:7/14; Jn13:1.

1B) HERE BEGINS the MORNING of the FIRST of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
in which Jesus was delivered and crucified :–
Mk15:1/Mt27:1/Lk23:1/Jn19:14

1C) HERE is the LATE NOON AND MID–AFTERNOON of the FIRST of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
when Jesus DIED and was deserted by all :–
Mk15:37–41; Mk27:50–56; Lk23:44–49; Jn19:28–30

. . . . . .
Abib 15, Thursday night and Friday day = Sixth Day ....

2A) HERE BEGINS the SECOND of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
the day whereon Joseph WOULD BURY the body of Jesus :–
Mk15:42/Mt27:57, Lk23:50–51, Jn19:31/38.

2B) HERE is the NIGHT of the SECOND of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
wherein Joseph begged the body, and according to the law of the Jews – the passover’s law – undertook and prepared to bury Jesus:–
Mk15:43–46a; Mt27:58–59; Lk23:52–53a; Jn19:31b–40

2C) HERE is the LATE NOON AND MID–AFTERNOON of the SECOND of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
when Joseph and Nicodemus laid the body and closed the tomb; and men and women left for home :–
Mk15:46b–47; Mk27:60–61; Lk23:53b–56a; JN19:41–42

. . . . . . .
Abib 16, Friday night and Saturday day = Seventh Day Sabbath....

3A) HERE BEGINS the THIRD of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
THAT JESUS WOULD RISE FROM THE DEAD ON :–
Lk23:56b

3B) HERE is the MORNING of the THIRD of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
Pilate ordered a guard “for the third day” :–
Mt27:62–66

3C) HERE is “IN the Sabbath’s Fullness MID–AFTERNOON” of the THIRD of the “three days”, “according to the Scriptures” – the passover–Scriptures :–
First Sheaf Wave Offering Before the LORD :–
Mt28:1–4.

__________________________________________________ ___

Abib 17, Saturday night and Sunday day = First Day ....

4A) HERE begins the day AFTER the “three days” (fourth day of the passover season) :–
that Jesus WOULD APPEAR on :–
Mk16:1, “When the Sabbath was past ..... they BOUGHT ....”

4B) HERE is the EVENING of this day,
Jn20:1–10 Mary sees the DOOR STONE was away from the tomb (discovers tomb has been OPENED);

4C) HERE is the NIGHT of this day,
Lk24:1–10 “DEEP(EST) DARKNESS” ––– “women with their spices” and ointments go to salve the body; “they found Him NOT” (discover tomb is EMPTY);
Mk16:2–8 “very early (before) SUN’S RISING” ––– women’s return–visit to ascertain; “they fled terrified and told NO ONE”.

4D) Here is sunrise (‘Sunday’ morning),
Jn20:11f, Mk16:9 “Mary had had stood behind” .... saw the gardener (sunrise); “Risen, early (sunrise) on the First Day, Jesus first APPEARED to Mary ....”
Mt28:5–10 “The angel explained to the (other) women (Mt28:1–4) .... As they went to tell .... Jesus met them” (after sunrise).
Mt28:11–15 Guard to high priests.

USE BIBLES OF BEFORE THE TWENTIETH CENTURY – they are not as wangled as the later ones. And compare those ancient translations with the modern ones to see the truth of the older ones!

Upvote 0