Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is just a re-post before it get's lost.

Sabbath was also a covenant. Bible proves that It was not made at creation. No stranger to the bible would agree with your arguments. Some sheep might.

Hello Cribstyl, the statement above has no truth in it. God's 4th Commandment which is one of the 10 Commandment of God's eternal law gives us a knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20; 7:7; James 2:11).

God's 4th Commandment is a memorial of creation...

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> [Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day] [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God [This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK]: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

* The reason for the Sabbath Commandment is to REMEMBER the God of creation. He rested on the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK, BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK and made it a HOLY DAY that no work is to be done. v11 Refers back to Genesis 2:1-3 and the origin of the Sabbath.

v8 shows that this commandment is a MEMORIAL of creation v11 [the reason for the 4th commandment]. Let's now look at the origin of God's 4th commandment...

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
[2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, and made it HOLY <the 7th day>: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Genesis 2:1-3 is a direct link to Exodus 20:11 as the reason God's 4th commandment was given in the creation week on the SEVENTH DAY.

Now take a look at the word REST highlighted and underlined in Genesis 2:2. The HEBREW word used here for RESTED is the root word used in EXODUS 20:8-11.

RESTED 7673. שָׁבַת shâbath, shaw-bath´; a prim. root; to repose, i.e. desist from exertion; used in many impl. relations (caus., fig. or spec.):—(cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep sabbath, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

The word RESTED used above in Genesis 2 is the root word used of the 4th Commandment. This word means to "KEEP SABBATH" to desist from exertion [context is work or ending work and blessing and making the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY].

Now let's look at the HEBREW word used for SABBATH in EXODUS 20:8-11.

SABBATH 7676. שַׁבָּת shabbâth, shab-bawth´; intens. from 7673; intermission, i.e. (spec.) the Sabbath: every sabbath.

The SABBATH as defined in God's Word as v10 The SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD because God BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY in the creation week outlined in GENESIS 2:1-3 and made the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY of rest [שָׁבַת shâbath] [keep Sabbath]. The word used in the God's 4th Commandment "SABBATH" means the commandment is applied to EVERY SEVENTH DAY [שַׁבָּת shabbâth].

Let's look at the scriptures here a little further....

The 4th commandment of the 10 Commandments is a MEMORIAL of CREATION and a sign to his people that they worship the only true God of CREATION. This is an EVERLASTING COVENANT between God and his people.

EXODUS 31:13-17 [13], Speak also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths you shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that you may know that I am the LORD that does sanctify you. [14], You shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defiles it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. [15], Six days may work be done; but on the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever does any work on the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. [16], Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a EVERLASTING covenant. [17], It is a sign between me and the children of Israel forever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

New Living Translation
The people of Israel must keep the Sabbath day by observing it from generation to generation. This is a covenant obligation for all time.

English Standard Version
Therefore the people of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, observing the Sabbath throughout their generations, as a covenant forever.

New American Standard Bible
'So the sons of Israel shall observe the sabbath, to celebrate the sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.'

King James Bible
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Christian Standard Bible
The Israelites must observe the Sabbath, celebrating it throughout their generations as a permanent covenant.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Let the children of Israel keep the sabbath, and celebrate it in their generations. It is an everlasting covenant

Darby Bible Translation
And the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations -- [it is] an everlasting covenant.

Now all of this links into the next key scripture as follows

ISAIAH 66:22-23 [22], For as the NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH, which I will make, shall remain before me, says the LORD, so shall your descendants and your name remain. [23], And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, shall all flesh come to worship before me, says the LORD.

CONCLUSION: Yep the scriptures are pretty clear here that God's SABBATH is an EVERLASTING COVENANT that will be kept in the NEW EARTH that began in Genesis 2:1-3 in the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week. God's 4th Commandment Sabbath is one of the 10 Commandments that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what sin is of broken.

SIN is still the same as it has always been which is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4). SIN is no laughing matter because those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Cribstyl, the statement above has no truth in it. God's 4th Commandment which is one of the 10 Commandment of God's eternal law gives us a knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20; 7:7; James 2:11).
NO truth in it? You should know that I'm referencing the scripture below; of God saying that Sabbath is an exclusive covenant. Your doctrines give you no choice but to accuse me of presenting no truth. No truth? What are you thinking? Tell us why would God make Sabbath a covenant between Himself and the Children of Israel?

Exo 31:16 - Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> [Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day] [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God [This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK]: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

* The reason for the Sabbath Commandment is to REMEMBER the God of creation. He rested on the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK, BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK and made it a HOLY DAY that no work is to be done. v11 Refers back to Genesis 2:1-3 and the origin of the Sabbath.
Your commentary contradict scriptures. God rested on the seventh day of creation is because heaven and earth was finished. Text makes it clear that God bless the seventh day because He rested on it. In Gen 2:1-3 God rested from ALL His work. The exact words in Gen 1 through 2:1-3 identifies what the God of the bible did in creation. Satan would love to change the truth by injection man into the narrative. By falsely saying God rested on the Sabbath day, it implies that God rested weekly. It also implies that God did not end or finish His work. That is what Satan want you to believe. Claiming that man rested weekly with God adds and contradict scriptures.

The 4th commandment is structured to answer What God commands (Ex 20:8), How to keep it,(Ex20:9-10) and Why to keep it ( Ex20:11).

39 yrs after giving them the law, Moses reminded The COI that he was an eyewitness of what God commanded the at Sinai.

Deu 5:4 - The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

Deu 5:5 - (I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount;) saying,

[URL='https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/deu/5/12/s_158012']Deu 5:12 - Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.[/URL]

Moses explained that Ex20:8 was a command to KEEP THE SABBATH DAY HOLY AS GOD COMMANDED. Saying 'Remember take you back to creation' is a hoax. REMEMBER also mean keep continually. Here in Deut 5 Moses reinforce that Ex 20:8 is the command to Keep the Sabbath holy by resting on the seventh day.

PART 1/4 because your response is too long.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hahhahahahahahahahha you have to be joking. Exodus texts reinforces creation facts, that God rested on the seventh day. ...Bible proves that It was not made at creation. No stranger to the bible would agree with your arguments. Some sheep might.

While you make statements that apparently no scholar of the Bible would agree with - yet you make this statement about the Bible facts supporting the Ten Commandments and God's memorial of creation - weekly Sabbath "No stranger to the bible would agree with your arguments. ". I find your statement at that point hard to refute - because you appear to be arguing against your own position just then.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
NO truth in it? You should know that I'm referencing the scripture below; of God saying that Sabbath is an exclusive covenant. Your doctrines give you no choice but to accuse me of presenting no truth. No truth? What are you thinking? Tell us why would God make Sabbath a covenant between Himself and the Children of Israel? Exo 31:16 - Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Hello Cribstyl,

I say if more so because of Exodus 31:16. In fact you were provided multiple bible references of this same verse in the pervious post you are quoting from.

ISRAEL in God's WORD are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Gentiles are now grafted into God's ISRAEL (Romans 11:13:27). In fact if you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT.

Let's look at the scriptures here...

WHO ARE GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

There is no such thing as Jew or Greek anymore. All who believe and follow God's Word are one in Christ. Israel in the OLD COVENANT were those from the seed of Abraham. In the NEW COVENANT, if you are in Christ then you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise...

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

God's true ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abrahams seed but those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God in Christ are God's ISRAEL...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise...

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD.

If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).

GENTILES are now grafted in...

ROMANS 11:16-27
[16], For if the firstfruit are holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

The root represents Christ...

[17], And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree.

The Jewish and the Gentile believers are the branches grafted onto the root (Christ)...

[18], Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bear not the root, but the root you.
[19], You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
[20], Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Be not arrogant, but fear:

God's ISRAEL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD...

[21], For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also not spare you.
[22], Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.
[23], And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
[24], For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, who are the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
[25], For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.
[26], And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

The NEW COVENANT is for both Jews and Greek, bond and free, all those who are in Christ. All in Christ are the seed of Abraham and heirs according to the promise.

[27], For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT.

ISRAEL ARE NOT THOSE IN THE FLESH

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Now listen to Jesus talking to the Jews...

JOHN 8:31-39
[31], Then said Jesus to those Jews who believed on him, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed;
[32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
[33], They answered him, We are Abraham's descendants, and were never in bondage to any man: how say you, You shall be made free?
[34], Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.
[35], And the servant abides not in the house forever: but the Son abides ever.
[36], If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
[37], I know that you are Abraham's descendant; but you seek to kill me, because my word has no place in you.
[38], I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and you do that which you have seen with your father.
[39], They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said unto them, If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham.

Jesus is saying the same thing as Paul in ROMANS 9:6-8 above. God's ISRAEL under the NEW COVENANT is not being a decendent of Abraham it is CONTINUING in God's WORD by BELIEVING and FOLLOWING it.

The children of the promise are counted for the seed (ROMANS 9:8) ...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the HOUSE OF ISRAEL after those days, says the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:[11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.[12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

continuing this same line of thinking from Jesus and Paul earlier...

Sorry Cristabyl, God's Word disagrees with you.

Help this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Now let's deal with this error of an Israelite sabbath, many times mis-nomered/called the "old Jewish sabbath":

The Israelites, the peoples, were to be a Light unto the Gentiles, the nations surrounding them

Deuteronomy 4:5 KJB - Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

Deuteronomy 4:6 KJB - Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

Deuteronomy 4:7 KJB - For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

Deuteronomy 4:8 KJB - And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Both King David and King Solomon knew this [1 Kings 10:1-13 KJB], which even brought the queen of 7 [sheba] to Solomon and she marvelled, taking the truth back with her to her country, and we find even the fruit of it in the book of Acts [Acts 8:26-40 KJB]. See Genesis 18:18; and such as Isaiah 60 KJB, etc.

Exodus 19:6 KJB - And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Such a holy royal nation was to be a guide to the blind, a lifter up of the fallen in sin and who could still repent [not those nations which God had already given hundreds of years of mercy, and thus were to be cut out of the land].

Answer me, and you will so in answering me, answer your own question:

Does the bible [KJB] use the phrase "Jewish Sabbath" anywhere in either OT [Genesis to Malachi] or NT [Matthew to Revelation]?

Since most, incorrectly, think that sabbath keeping began with Moses, rather than with JEHOVAH from the beginning in Genesis, let us ask:

Was Moses an Levite/Hebrew rather than a "Jew"?

Was Aaron an Levite/Hebrew rather than a "Jew"?

Was Miriam an Levite/Hebrew rather than a "Jew"?

Were the mixed multitude "Jews" that came up out of Egypt with Moses and Israel [the peoples]?

Was Moses' wife, Zipporah, a "Jew"?

Were the other tribes of Israel, in the days of Moses, other than Judah, "Jews"?

In the prophecy of Isaiah 56:1-8 [mentioned in the NT, John 10:16, 21:17, etc], were the "sons of the stranger" who were to take hold of the New Covenant, "keepeth the sabbath from polluting it", and have an "everlasting name", physically "Jews"?

In Acts 13:42-44, did even the "Gentiles" come together on the "sabbath" to "hear the word of God"?

In the prophecy of Isaiah 66:22-23, in regards the "new heavens" and the "new earth", wherein "from one sabbath to another", shall therein "all flesh" come to worship before God, is the "all flesh" only physically "Jews"?

In Genesis 2:1-3; appropriated in Exodus 20:8-11, etc, did God [Elohiym], when finished with the work of creation, cease and then "rested" in "the seventh day", which was then "blessed" and "sanctified"?

Was God then [Genesis 2:1-3] in the form of a servant, a man, or a Jew [from the tribe of Judah]?

Genesis 2:1-3 & Exodus 20:11 KJB, says that God rested the 7th Day, all the way back in Genesis, and that "the seventh day" is "the sabbath of the LORD [JEHOVAH] thy God [Elohiym]" [Exodus 20:10 KJB]:

Genesis 2:1 KJB - Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Genesis 2:2 KJB - And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Genesis 2:3 KJB - And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:11 KJB - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

So, when God "made" the sabbath, was it "made" for "the man" Adam [and thus all humanity in him]?

I ask, because Jesus said this:

Mark 2:27 KJB - And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Mark 2:27 GNT TR - και ελεγεν αυτοις το σαββατον δια τον ανθρωπον εγενετο ουχ ο ανθρωπος δια το σαββατον

Literally, '... the sabbath [of the LORD [JEHOVAH], the 7th day, context] was made/created for the man ...'

The only "the [definite article] man" [Hebrew: 'ha adam'] [singular] that was around when things were "made" [thus at Genesis], is "Adam" [and all humanity in him]. This agrees with Genesis 2:7, which speaks of "the Adam":

Genesis 2:7 KJB - And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 2:7 HOT - וייצר יהוה אלהים את־האדם עפר מן־האדמה ויפח באפיו נשׁמת חיים ויהי האדם לנפשׁ חיה׃

Genesis 2:7 HOT Translit. - waYiytzer y'hwäh élohiym et-häädäm äfär min-häádämäh waYiPach B'aPäyw nish'mat chaYiym way'hiy häädäm l'nefesh chaYäh

Genesis 2:7 LXX* (so-called) - καὶ ἔπλασεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν ἄνθρωπον χοῦν ἀπὸ τῆς γῆς καὶ ἐνεφύσησεν εἰς τὸ πρόσωπον αὐτοῦ πνοὴν ζωῆς, καὶ ἐγένετο ἄνθρωπος εἰς ψυχὴν ζῶσαν.
Thus, would you agree that the LORD [JEHOVAH] God [Elohiym] "made" "the seventh day" "the sabbath of the LORD [JEHOVAH] thy God [Elohiym]" "for" Adam, "the man", and that God set the example for "the man" the first time by having "rested" in it way back then, and then blessed and hallowed it "for" "the man" - Adam; for God having "made" it "for" "the man" as a holy blessing and delight?

Was the "man" [Adam] for whom the "sabbath" was "made" a physical "Jew"?

Is the word "stranger" [gentile, of another nation than Israel] included in the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11?

Are even the domesticated beasts of service and burden [Ox and Ass], included in the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11?

Are even the "manservant" and "maidservant" [which could be of any nationality] included in the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11?

In the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11, was it not the LORD God [YHVH, JEHOVAH Elohiym] who "rested" in the beginning of Creation, Genesis 2:1-3, and therefore is His [belonging to] Holy day [the seventh day and no other] in which He rested from creating/speaking, and thus blessed and sanctified the seventh day for the man, Mark 2:27-28?

Since the Sabbath of the LORD God is in existence in the perfect creation in Genesis 2:1-3; utilized in Exodus 20:8-11, in the very Ten Commandments, and seen in the perfect life and example of Jesus, whose very daily life demonstrated the taking away of sin, which is transgression of the Holy Law of God [and Lucifer was cast out from there because of sin, and sin shall not exist therein ever again], part of the New Covenant in Isaiah 56, etc, and is again in the perfect New Creation of the New Heavens and New Earth, in Isaiah 66, wherein "all flesh" come to worship before JEHOVAH in every the Blessed Holy 7th day, the Sabbath of the LORD, are only physical "Jews" to keep it in redemption, or shall rather all who dress in the provided heavenly garments of salvation/redemption keep it [dress and keep]?

In the NT Gospels, book of Acts and Epistles, did Jesus' true disciples and apostles ever cease from keeping the Sabbath of the LORD Jesus their God, since Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath, being His Blessed Holy day, from creation?

In the NT, did Jesus ever rebuke those Jewish leaders who had loaded the sabbath down with traditions from their elders/fathers which nullified the Commandment of God to none effect? (from T7C)

Sorry Cribstyl, God's Word disagrees with you.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your commentary contradict scriptures. God rested on the seventh day of creation is because heaven and earth was finished. Text makes it clear that God bless the seventh day because He rested on it. In Gen 2:1-3 God rested from ALL His work. The exact words in Gen 1 through 2:1-3 identifies what the God of the bible did in creation. Satan would love to change the truth by injection man into the narrative. By falsely saying God rested on the Sabbath day, it implies that God rested weekly.

Hello Cribstyl, this absolutely makes no sense at all. Who did God make the Sabbath for? Himself or mankind? Let's look at the scriptures...

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
[2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, and made it HOLY <the 7th day>: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Genesis 2:1-3 is a direct link to Exodus 20:11 as the reason God's 4th commandment was given in the creation week on the SEVENTH DAY. It is God who blessed the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week and it was God who made it a HOLY day because it was made for mankind and is a memorial of creation.

MARK 2:27 [27], And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath.

The 4th Commandment is a memorial of God's creation.

It also implies that God did not end or finish His work. That is what Satan want you to believe. Claiming that man rested weekly with God adds and contradict scriptures.

No it doesn't read the scriptures. Genesis 2:1-3 says God blessed the SEVENTH DAY and made it a HOLY DAY as a memorial of creation this is directly linked to EXODUS 20:8-11. It seems you wish to argue for the sake of an argument and a not intesested in the scriptures which you have not adderssed. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Moses explained that Ex20:8 was a command to KEEP THE SABBATH DAY HOLY AS GOD COMMANDED. Saying 'Remember take you back to creation' is a hoax.

Really? Yet it is God's WORD that says it not me or any one here...

links to...

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> [Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day] [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God [This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK]: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and MADE IT HOLY.

To say otherwise is to disregard the scriptures. Maybe you can pray about it further.

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments and God's Word says that if we break any one of God's Commandments we commit sin. God's Word defines SIN as the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here are a few reasons of WHY God says to keep the Sabbath :
Deu 5:15 - And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Another reason WHY God say to keep the Sabbath in Ex31:16

Exo 31:16 - Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Exo 31:17 - It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Here's the reason EX 20 says to keep the Sabbath:
Exo 20:11 - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
For,Wherefore and therefore highlighted in red are conjunctions that means "THIS IS WHY". These conjunction separates what God did at creation from what man is being commanded to do. It separated God bringing slaves out from Egypt from what they're being commanded to do. Your comments exposes your errors. The fact is: The Children of Israel are being asked to keep the Sabbath because God rested on the seventh day.
v8 shows that this commandment is a MEMORIAL of creation v11 [the reason for the 4th commandment]. Let's now look at the origin of God's 4th commandment...

Genesis 2:1-3 is a direct link to Exodus 20:11 as the reason God's 4th commandment was given in the creation week on the SEVENTH DAY.
Linking Gen 2:1-3 is a stunt. Saying that God gave the Sabbath Commandment in creation is a not what Gen 2:1-3 says.
Now take a look at the word REST highlighted and underlined in Genesis 2:2. The HEBREW word used here for RESTED is the root word used in EXODUS 20:8-11.

RESTED 7673. שָׁבַת shâbath, shaw-bath´; a prim. root; to repose, i.e. desist from exertion; used in many impl. relations (caus., fig. or spec.):—(cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep sabbath, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

The word RESTED used above in Genesis 2 is the root word used of the 4th Commandment. This word means to "KEEP SABBATH" to desist from exertion [context is work or ending work and blessing and making the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY].
I see several errors in your explanation. I disagree with you.

Now let's look at the HEBREW word used for SABBATH in EXODUS 20:8-11.

SABBATH 7676. שַׁבָּת shabbâth, shab-bawth´; intens. from 7673; intermission, i.e. (spec.) the Sabbath: every sabbath.

The SABBATH as defined in God's Word as v10 The SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD because God BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY in the creation week outlined in GENESIS 2:1-3 and made the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY of rest [שָׁבַת shâbath] [keep Sabbath]. The word used in the God's 4th Commandment "SABBATH" means the commandment is applied to EVERY SEVENTH DAY [שַׁבָּת shabbâth].

The fact that Sabbath is a noun and rested is a verb reveals that there usage cannot be the same. Sabbath automatically means "day of rest." but rest means "rest," with no length of rest unless specified.
For example in the first instance Sabbath is mentioned;
Exo 16:23 - And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

2/4

Last edited:
Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Your posts are often too long for a point by points response. You don't address my questions, why should I continue address yours? Obviously we don't agree on much. Let's just say God's word is truth.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Cribstyl,

LoveGodsWord said: * The reason for the Sabbath Commandment is to REMEMBER the God of creation. He rested on the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK, BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK and made it a HOLY DAY that no work is to be done. v11 Refers back to Genesis 2:1-3 and the origin of the Sabbath.

Here's the reason EX 20 says to keep the Sabbath:
Exo 20:11 - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

For,Wherefore and therefore highlighted in red are conjunctions that means "THIS IS WHY".
These conjunction separates what God did at creation from what man is being commanded to do.

Please look at what you have written above. It is exactly what I have already posted to you. So I guess we are in agreement? The other scritures you provided in Deuteronomy 5:15 and Exodus 31:16-17 exposes your mistake. Of course Deuteronomy 5:15 is from the book of Moses to God's people as they were the ones who saw God lead them out of Egypt. The reference to us today is that we were in bondage to sin and God is leading us out of the World. The BOOK od MOSES however is not the 10 Commandments and it is the 4th commandment spoken and written by God himself that tells us why we are to keep the Sabbath

EXODUS 20:11 - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and made it holy.

Once again this is a reference back to when God's Sabbath was given on the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week.

Your comments exposes your errors. The fact is: The Children of Israel are being asked to keep the Sabbath because God rested on the seventh day.

Not sure what you are talking about here. This is the point I am making since the first post.

Linking Gen 2:1-3 is a stunt. Saying that God gave the Sabbath Commandment in creation is a not what Gen 2:1-3 says.

Well that is not true. Here I will post the scriptures again for you. Please show how EXODUS 20:8-11 does not link back to GENESIS 2:1-3 when verse 11 is a direct reference to this scripture and when the Sabbath was created.

links to...

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> [Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day] [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God [This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK]: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and MADE IT HOLY.

To say otherwise is to disregard the scriptures. Maybe you can pray about it further.

LoveGodsWord said: Now take a look at the word REST highlighted and underlined in Genesis 2:2. The HEBREW word used here for RESTED is the root word used in EXODUS 20:8-11.

I see several errors in your explanation. I disagree with you.

You have only been provided the Strong's Hebrew dictionary meanings for rested and Sabbath. It is not me your disagreeing with.

LoveGodsWord said: Now let's look at the HEBREW word used for SABBATH in EXODUS 20:8-11. SABBATH 7676. שַׁבָּת shabbâth, shab-bawth´; intens. from 7673; intermission, i.e. (spec.) the Sabbath: every sabbath.

The SABBATH as defined in God's Word as v10 The SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD because God BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY in the creation week outlined in GENESIS 2:1-3 and made the SEVENTH DAY a HOLY DAY of rest [שָׁבַת shâbath] [keep Sabbath].

The word used in the God's 4th Commandment "SABBATH" means the commandment is applied to EVERY SEVENTH DAY [שַׁבָּת shabbâth].

The fact that Sabbath is a noun and rested is a verb reveals that there usage cannot be the same.

Your trynig to make an argument now that no one is talking about. The fact that Sabbath is a noun and resting is a verb is irrelavant. When put together in context of the scriptures and Hebrew wrod meaning they mean the Sabbath (noun) is a day of rest (verb) so we are to rest on the day from our work as God did from his work.

Let's look at the scriptures again as they define what the Sabbath itself as well as the reason for it.

EXODUS 20:10-11 [10] But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God [This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK; It is a DAY of REST]

the reason for giving it....

[11] [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and MADE IT HOLY.

Sabbath automatically means "day of rest." but rest means "rest," with no length of rest unless specified. For example in the first instance Sabbath is mentioned;

Exo 16:23 - And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.
2/4

Your posting here does not make any sense. The time of the Sabbath rest is in the SEVENTH day. Look at the scripture

EXODUS 20:10-11 [10] But THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God

You are yet to clearly respond to the scriptures in posts # 61; post # 64; post # 65; post # 66.

There is a lot of scripture that disagrees with you. Hope you can pray about it and search the scriptures.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your posts are often too long for a point by points response. You don't address my questions, why should I continue address yours? Obviously we don't agree on much. Let's just say God's word is truth.

Well that is not true. I have addressed every part of your posts point by point with scripture in detail. What questions have I not adderssed?

You either have God's Word to support your teaching or you do not. Just because the posts provided to you have a lot of scriptures in them, at the very least should encourage you to take it to God in prayer just as the faithful Bareans did and search the scriptures to see if these things be so.

God's Word is indeed truth (Romans 3:4). Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God (Matthew 15:3-9).

It is the Word of God that will judge us all come judgment day (John 12:47-48)

Your trying to make an argument to say that there is only 9 Commandment not 10 commandments yet all through the OLD and NEW Testament scriptures it is the 10 commandments given by God that give us a knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20) and if we break any one of the 10 commandments we stand guilty before God in sin (James 2:8-11)

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do we act like God changed his calendar . Since when did God tell us to observe new Year in January ? Since when did God tell us to name the days of the week ?
Sabbath is on 7th day of the week , we can all count to 7 right .

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Why do we act like God changed his calendar . Since when did God tell us to observe new Year in January ? Since when did God tell us to name the days of the week ?
Sabbath is on 7th day of the week , we can all count to 7 right .
Why do you act like God commanded the nations of the world to submit to the Torah given Moses for Israel? Since when did Jesus tell you to 'go into all the world ' and overthrow the authorities? Do you believe Mark 16:15 is a political statement?

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Since when did God tell us to name the days of the week ?
Do you believe Paul spoke by the power of the Spirit? Or do some of the things he teaches not come from God? What do you believe he means in Romans 13:1-7?

The authorities that exist have been established by God.
2Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
Are you not preaching to subvert the political authority established (by God) here in the nations?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you believe Paul spoke by the power of the Spirit? Or do some of the things he teaches not come from God? What do you believe he means in Romans 13:1-7?

Are you not preaching to subvert the political authority established (by God) here in the nations?

So do you support Kim Jong Un ? Do you think that God prefers a man to be worshipped instead of Himself ?

Daniel 7:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, as an American Patriot I support the president, Trump. But you're avoiding the question. What do "you" think Paul, via the Holy Spirit, means in Romans 13:1-7?
Paul means the same thing as Jesus when asked to pay the tax , he did not need to pay but he paid anyways . Same as he did not need to be crucified but was anyways .

This passage does not mean you do everything what you are being told to do by authorities . Christ told people in revelation which were dying for the faith to keep it to the end while the law was who does not worship the Cesar as God is put to death .

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Paul means the same thing as Jesus when asked to pay the tax , he did not need to pay but he paid anyways . Same as he did not need to be crucified but was anyways .

This passage does not mean you do everything what you are being told to do by authorities . Christ told people in revelation which were dying for the faith to keep it to the end while the law was who does not worship the Cesar as God is put to death .

Jesus said give to Ceasar what is his, and to God what is his. Nothing about oh I really don't have to but I'll do it anyway. The same thing Paul is saying. Paul even helps us understand that it is God's will and power that they exist in the first place. So be obedient to the authorities.

Persecution has nothing to do with this? Taxes are not persecution because of your faith is it? Now, when you see others killing babies in the womb's of their mothers, it may be time to make a stand for life, no? But how? By blowing the place up and becoming a domestic terrorist group, like Antifa? No! By voting DEM out and using your "God given" right to vote in a person who will not allow this killing to continue.

Do you realize that even Daniel 'asked' the king not to eat his food? He didn't 'resist and reject'. He had a constructive dialog with the king and the king understood. Remember, that king was receptive to the God of Israel, at times. He even took the Israelite scholars like Daniel as his staff.

And yes I realize the issue of Daniel being thrown into the fire for his 'faith'. God allows things to test all of us, how else do we grow? God used this to further open the kings heart, no? It wasn't about Daniel refusing and being persecuted. It was about him being protected by the holy one of Israel even in the face of death, through faith alone. Our faith, our shepherd has taught us to be obedient to the authorities, least we be seen as a rebel. In Daniel's case he did not rebel even when placed in the den or the fire. And so God protected him.

This is the hard thing to conceive. That God will place you in a place that screams...RUN, FIGHT, RESIST, and yet we are to remain quiet and rest in the Lord. The Lord is my strength in whom I fear, and in whom I trust. And he has established even the authorities of the world. Not by might, not by power, but by the Spirit of God. And every word that comes out of his mouth.

Jesus allowed himself to be killed, God was his strength. We allow ourselves to be killed, Jesus is our strength. We are dead to this world, and yet alive in Christ. Our fight is not of flesh and blood but of spiritual principalities in high places.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Now let's deal with this error of an Israelite sabbath, many times mis-nomered/called the "old Jewish sabbath":

The Israelites, the peoples, were to be a Light unto the Gentiles, the nations surrounding them

Deuteronomy 4:5 KJB - Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

Deuteronomy 4:6 KJB - Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

Deuteronomy 4:7 KJB - For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

Deuteronomy 4:8 KJB - And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Both King David and King Solomon knew this [1 Kings 10:1-13 KJB], which even brought the queen of 7 [sheba] to Solomon and she marvelled, taking the truth back with her to her country, and we find even the fruit of it in the book of Acts [Acts 8:26-40 KJB]. See Genesis 18:18; and such as Isaiah 60 KJB, etc.

Exodus 19:6 KJB - And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Such a holy royal nation was to be a guide to the blind, a lifter up of the fallen in sin and who could still repent [not those nations which God had already given hundreds of years of mercy, and thus were to be cut out of the land].

Answer me, and you will so in answering me, answer your own question:

Does the bible [KJB] use the phrase "Jewish Sabbath" anywhere in either OT [Genesis to Malachi] or NT [Matthew to Revelation]?

Since most, incorrectly, think that sabbath keeping began with Moses, rather than with JEHOVAH from the beginning in Genesis, let us ask:

Was Moses an Levite/Hebrew rather than a "Jew"?

Was Aaron an Levite/Hebrew rather than a "Jew"?

Was Miriam an Levite/Hebrew rather than a "Jew"?

Were the mixed multitude "Jews" that came up out of Egypt with Moses and Israel [the peoples]?

Was Moses' wife, Zipporah, a "Jew"?

Were the other tribes of Israel, in the days of Moses, other than Judah, "Jews"?

In the prophecy of Isaiah 56:1-8 [mentioned in the NT, John 10:16, 21:17, etc], were the "sons of the stranger" who were to take hold of the New Covenant, "keepeth the sabbath from polluting it", and have an "everlasting name", physically "Jews"?

In Acts 13:42-44, did even the "Gentiles" come together on the "sabbath" to "hear the word of God"?

In the prophecy of Isaiah 66:22-23, in regards the "new heavens" and the "new earth", wherein "from one sabbath to another", shall therein "all flesh" come to worship before God, is the "all flesh" only physically "Jews"?

In Genesis 2:1-3; appropriated in Exodus 20:8-11, etc, did God [Elohiym], when finished with the work of creation, cease and then "rested" in "the seventh day", which was then "blessed" and "sanctified"?

Was God then [Genesis 2:1-3] in the form of a servant, a man, or a Jew [from the tribe of Judah]?

Genesis 2:1-3 & Exodus 20:11 KJB, says that God rested the 7th Day, all the way back in Genesis, and that "the seventh day" is "the sabbath of the LORD [JEHOVAH] thy God [Elohiym]" [Exodus 20:10 KJB]:

Genesis 2:1 KJB - Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Genesis 2:2 KJB - And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Genesis 2:3 KJB - And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:11 KJB - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

So, when God "made" the sabbath, was it "made" for "the man" Adam [and thus all humanity in him]?

I ask, because Jesus said this:

Mark 2:27 KJB - And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Mark 2:27 GNT TR - και ελεγεν αυτοις το σαββατον δια τον ανθρωπον εγενετο ουχ ο ανθρωπος δια το σαββατον

Literally, '... the sabbath [of the LORD [JEHOVAH], the 7th day, context] was made/created for the man ...'

The only "the [definite article] man" [Hebrew: 'ha adam'] [singular] that was around when things were "made" [thus at Genesis], is "Adam" [and all humanity in him]. This agrees with Genesis 2:7, which speaks of "the Adam":

Genesis 2:7 KJB - And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 2:7 HOT - וייצר יהוה אלהים את־האדם עפר מן־האדמה ויפח באפיו נשׁמת חיים ויהי האדם לנפשׁ חיה׃

Genesis 2:7 HOT Translit. - waYiytzer y'hwäh élohiym et-häädäm äfär min-häádämäh waYiPach B'aPäyw nish'mat chaYiym way'hiy häädäm l'nefesh chaYäh

Genesis 2:7 LXX* (so-called) - καὶ ἔπλασεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν ἄνθρωπον χοῦν ἀπὸ τῆς γῆς καὶ ἐνεφύσησεν εἰς τὸ πρόσωπον αὐτοῦ πνοὴν ζωῆς, καὶ ἐγένετο ἄνθρωπος εἰς ψυχὴν ζῶσαν.
Thus, would you agree that the LORD [JEHOVAH] God [Elohiym] "made" "the seventh day" "the sabbath of the LORD [JEHOVAH] thy God [Elohiym]" "for" Adam, "the man", and that God set the example for "the man" the first time by having "rested" in it way back then, and then blessed and hallowed it "for" "the man" - Adam; for God having "made" it "for" "the man" as a holy blessing and delight?

Was the "man" [Adam] for whom the "sabbath" was "made" a physical "Jew"?

Is the word "stranger" [gentile, of another nation than Israel] included in the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11?

Are even the domesticated beasts of service and burden [Ox and Ass], included in the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11?

Are even the "manservant" and "maidservant" [which could be of any nationality] included in the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11?

In the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11, was it not the LORD God [YHVH, JEHOVAH Elohiym] who "rested" in the beginning of Creation, Genesis 2:1-3, and therefore is His [belonging to] Holy day [the seventh day and no other] in which He rested from creating/speaking, and thus blessed and sanctified the seventh day for the man, Mark 2:27-28?

Since the Sabbath of the LORD God is in existence in the perfect creation in Genesis 2:1-3; utilized in Exodus 20:8-11, in the very Ten Commandments, and seen in the perfect life and example of Jesus, whose very daily life demonstrated the taking away of sin, which is transgression of the Holy Law of God [and Lucifer was cast out from there because of sin, and sin shall not exist therein ever again], part of the New Covenant in Isaiah 56, etc, and is again in the perfect New Creation of the New Heavens and New Earth, in Isaiah 66, wherein "all flesh" come to worship before JEHOVAH in every the Blessed Holy 7th day, the Sabbath of the LORD, are only physical "Jews" to keep it in redemption, or shall rather all who dress in the provided heavenly garments of salvation/redemption keep it [dress and keep]?

In the NT Gospels, book of Acts and Epistles, did Jesus' true disciples and apostles ever cease from keeping the Sabbath of the LORD Jesus their God, since Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath, being His Blessed Holy day, from creation?

In the NT, did Jesus ever rebuke those Jewish leaders who had loaded the sabbath down with traditions from their elders/fathers which nullified the Commandment of God to none effect? (from T7C)

Sorry Cristabyl, God's Word disagrees with you.

Hope this helps
Crista-byl???? I guess if you keep Sabbath you can FLAME as you will.

Upvote 0