Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a thread that I was a part of in another forum where the Sabbath was being discussed. It was closed by the moderators due to a change in the rules of the forums. I would like to continue the discussion, so I would like to invite all of you, anyone who is interested, to a formal debate concerning the Christian and the Sabbath.

If you are interested, please look at th discussion invitation (linked below). Please post in that thread or PM me if you may want to take part in the discussion. I look forward to hearing back from any one who happens to be interested :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t3205093-observe-the-sabbath.html#post25533301

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cliff2 said:
I am in the same boat, if I have the time I will have a look.
It would be possible for the two of you to work in tandem so the time burden would be lessened. That is perfectly fine with me, so long as you are both nice to me ;)

Upvote 0

vera_stone38

Apr 13, 2006
✟7,617.00
Faith
Lutheran
How do we apply or relate this particular commandment with the following?

2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
And and also to the following:

2 Cor 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
I am really anxious to have a clear view on this matter.

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
vera_stone38 said:

2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Cor 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

As far as I am concerned they are not connected with the Sabbath commandment.

Can you tell us your concerns so we can address them directly please.

Upvote 0

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
vera_stone38 said:

This thread is not for the purpose of debating the topic. This thread is for the purpose of finding those who are interested in having a formal discussion about the Sabbath, and whether or not Christians are still required to follow it.

That being said, if you are interested in taking a side in the discussion, please let me know. If you are interested in learning about the topic and reading information about it, I would suggest that you read the formal discussion when it starts :)

I look forward to hearing back from you! Are you a member of the LCMS?

Upvote 0

Gerald1

Jun 29, 2006
✟7,626.00
Faith
SDA
hello brethren, i will say this only in the words of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and quoting " think not that I am come to destroy the law, but am come to fulfill the law....heaven and earth will flea away but not one jot or tittle will fall away until all is accomplished". The ten commandments are still binding on us as Christians as it is the trangession of this holy law that says we are in need of a Saviour and that we are sinners. Now let me pose a question to Aggie and Vera Stone, how be it that we keep nine commandments and break the one (Sabbath). Again in the words of our King, if you break one of the least of these commandments, you break them all. In my opinion yes we are still to keep the Sabbath holy, why? because our King said so. Read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, it will never say break the commandments but always to do the will of the Father in heaven. Simply this means again in the words our King "if you love ME keep my commandments".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
aggie03 said:
Are there any takers on the formal discussion?

What good would it do?

We've been down that road too many times. You are convinced that we are wrong (assuming that you do oppose our view), and there isn't an argument concerning the abolition of the 7th day Sabbath that hasn't been refuted.

So to what avail would it be to enter into such a discussion?

Upvote 0

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
woobadooba said:
What good would it do?

We've been down that road too many times. You are convinced that we are wrong (assuming that you do oppose our view), and there isn't an argument concerning the abolition of the 7th day Sabbath that hasn't been refuted.

So to what avail would it be to enter into such a discussion?

What good could it NOT do? Do you believe that God has given us truth in the Scriptures? I do, and I'm sure that you do, too. If this is the case, then I don't see how it can do anything but help to study the Bible and talk about this issue.

I am interested in studying the topic. If anyone else is interested in studying the topic, please let me know :)

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
aggie03 said:
What good could it NOT do? Do you believe that God has given us truth in the Scriptures? I do, and I'm sure that you do, too. If this is the case, then I don't see how it can do anything but help to study the Bible and talk about this issue.

I am interested in studying the topic. If anyone else is interested in studying the topic, please let me know :)

But are you really interested in studying the topic, or merely wanting to indoctrinate us with your point of view?

You see, if you merely want to discuss it, then you may do that here. For we welcome civil discussion in here.

But if you want to debate the issue then that explains why you want us to enter into a formal atmosphere.

So which is it, do you want to discuss it, or debate it?

If you merely want to debate the issue, then you most likely won't find anyone in here who is willing to agree to do that, since that would indicate that you've already determined in your mind that we're wrong. In which case it wouldn't be of any benefit to either of us to engage this as such.

Truth is, there isn't an argument on the opposing side that has been presented which hasn't been refuted. So debating the issue would mean that we would have to address the same arguments that we've been refuting for years. It gets quite monotonous after a time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
woobadooba said:
But are you really interested in studying the topic, or merely wanting to indoctrinate us with your point of view?

I don't care to indoctrinate anyone :)

You see, if you merely want to discuss it, then you may do that here. For we welcome civil discussion in here.

You all may welcome civil discussion, but I do not think that the moderators do. I have been wrned more than once that all I am allowed to do is ask questions - which makes for a very one sided discussion, and difficult for me to gain as much benefit as I would from a discussion where both parties are more at liberty.

I would make one thing clear. Obviously we do not agree on everything, but that does not mean that I want to argue with anyone. If want to argue, I can find that without getting on the Internet. I want to talk with someone intelligently about the topic.

But if you want to debate the issue then that explains why you want us to enter into a formal atmosphere.

The above sentiments should answer this. :)

If you merely want to debate the issue, then you most likely won't find anyone in here who is willing to agree to do that, since that would indicate that you've already determined in your mind that we're wrong. In which case it wouldn't be of any benefit to either of us to engage this as such.

Truth is, there isn't an argument on the opposing side that has been presented which hasn't been refuted. So debating the issue would mean that we would have to address the same arguments that we've been refuting for years. It gets quite monotonous after a time.

As I said already, it's clear that we already don't agree. I hope the difference you will find is that I have an open mind and am looking for someone to talk with - not someone to beat around so I can prove to myself that I've been right all along. I can understand your caution - it's no fun getting dragged into something that it going to turn into a screaming match. I'm not interested in that either.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
aggie03 said:
I don't care to indoctrinate anyone :)

You all may welcome civil discussion, but I do not think that the moderators do. I have been wrned more than once that all I am allowed to do is ask questions - which makes for a very one sided discussion, and difficult for me to gain as much benefit as I would from a discussion where both parties are more at liberty.

I would make one thing clear. Obviously we do not agree on everything, but that does not mean that I want to argue with anyone. If want to argue, I can find that without getting on the Internet. I want to talk with someone intelligently about the topic.

The above sentiments should answer this. :)

As I said already, it's clear that we already don't agree. I hope the difference you will find is that I have an open mind and am looking for someone to talk with - not someone to beat around so I can prove to myself that I've been right all along. I can understand your caution - it's no fun getting dragged into something that it going to turn into a screaming match. I'm not interested in that either.

Honestly, I don't think the Mods will mind it if you discuss the issue here in a civil manner.

And we do have some liberty to invite you to do this.

What we don't like in here is when people come in here with a hidden agenda to beat us around.

I welcome you to start the discussion in here.

Upvote 0

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
woobadooba said:
Honestly, I don't think the Mods will mind it if you discuss the issue here in a civil manner.

And we do have some liberty to invite you to do this.

What we don't like in here is when people come in here with a hidden agenda to beat us around.

I welcome you to start the discussion in here.

I appreciate your invitation, and I look forward to getting to talk with you! :)

Upvote 0