✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Nothing was proven, except this....

Shabbat Shalom seems to mean (to those who don't know, because we aren't Messianic/Jewish) Sabbath peace (in a more surface meaning because I do not speak Hebrew) and Shavua Tov seems to mean to wish someone a good coming week.
So... why this was posted actually confuses me. Did you say this out of ill-conscious because you so heavily disagree with what is being said in the Spirit? I would certainly hope not for your hearts' sake.

You're right though, a divided kingdom will not stand, but that is a different topic entirely. This is not teaching incorrectly but in the Spirit. Be very careful when saying things like this because it's actually in line with what Jesus said to the Pharisees as a warning, so too do I do the same for you:
Matthew 9:34
Matthew 12:27

I was wishing those who keep Shabbat, a peaceful Shabbat and to those who do not, a good coming week. Why all the conspiracy theory?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Healing IS work. However because it was done in the grace, glory and honor of the Father it was NOT breaking the Sabbath.

Unless you consider miracles to NOT be considered works of the Spirit.

I have prayed for your reliance on your works to fade and your acceptance of the grace and mercy of our God. Our salvation from sin is found in Jesus, the only way to reach a likeness to Christ is found solely in the Spirit not in the law. If it were to be found in the law there would not have been need for a second covenant.

Doing healings or saving a life is mandatory ON the Sabbath...again, you are wrong. Also, you are implying something that is not true regarding me...I do not "rely" on works...my salvation is ONLY through Yeshua.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It was given before anyone was a Jew...Adam
Adam was not told to observe the Sabbath. The nations in the Old Testament are not judged for not keeping Sabbath (though they are judged for murder, theft, and oppression). Gentile believers in the New Testament are told to not let anyone judge them regarding the Sabbath (Colossians 2:16-17) and that considering every day alike (which by necessity means not giving the Sabbath any special treatment) is a legitimate option (Romans 14:5-8). Other laws against murder, against stealing, and against adultery are sternly repeated.

Upvote 0

NDL

Sep 2, 2004
NYC Metro
Visit site
✟11,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Show me in the Torah where healing is work...

The Pharisee's had a list of rules, and Jesus broke one of their **rabbinic** laws by healing on the Sabbath.

That's all there is to it.

Jesus broke the **Pharisees'** rules; He did not break His Father's rule by healing on the Sabbath - as evidenced by the fact that He was sinless.

Show me in the Torah where healing is work...

Are you saying that the Pharisees had no laws of their own?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Again, there is no command for Gentiles to observe the Sabbath.

Acts 15:21 ....what do you think that implies?
You will be keeping the Feast of tabernacles too... Zechariah 14:16

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Again, there is no command for Gentiles to observe the Sabbath.

It is your choice. Do you follow the 10 Commandments? Are you grafted into Israel? Read the story of Ruth...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It implies that they were at the synagogue services already; it does not imply that they completely abstained from work on the Sabbath day.

So they were at the services...ON the Sabbath...and they were working ON the Sabbath...? Now THAT is a HUGE stretch! And WHERE does it say that again?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Read Galatians.

I have...read Galatians 5:4 and Romans 7:12

Romans 8 says that we now, through Yeshua, have a way to free us from the condemnation of the Law. Paul never says the Law is evil or bad, instead the exact opposite ( Romans 7:7 )! What he does say is that we are free from the CURSE of the Law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the law is a reaction against sin and sin used the law to curse people. if you want to follow the law then go and stone people for picking up sticks on a sabbath. there is a very big problem in Christianity in how they conceive God and the law. most are just plain not going to admit that they lack the ability to clearly discern the difference between good and evil.

1Tim 1:5-11 (YLT)
And the end of the charge is love out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned, from which certain, having swerved, did turn aside to vain discourse, willing to be teachers of law, not understanding either the things they say, nor concerning what they asseverate, and we have known that the law is good, if any one may use it lawfully;

having known this, that for a righteous man law is not set, but for lawless and insubordinate persons, ungodly and sinners, impious and profane, parricides and matricides, men-slayers, whoremongers, sodomites, men-stealers, liars, perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that to sound doctrine is adverse, according to the good news of the glory of the blessed God, with which I was entrusted.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
the law is a reaction against sin and sin used the law to curse people. if you want to follow the law then go and stone people for picking up sticks on a sabbath. there is a very big problem in Christianity in how they conceive God and the law. most are just plain not going to admit that they lack the ability to clearly discern the difference between good and evil.

1Tim 1:5-11 (YLT)
And the end of the charge is love out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned, from which certain, having swerved, did turn aside to vain discourse, willing to be teachers of law, not understanding either the things they say, nor concerning what they asseverate, and we have known that the law is good, if any one may use it lawfully;

That is NOT the point. So you do not sin? We are not "free" from the Law, we are free from its CURSE. Paul says the Law IS good! You need to read my post #75 again...
Matthew 5:18-19 also applies here...

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is NOT the point. So you do not sin? We are not "free" from the Law, we are free from its CURSE. Paul says the Law IS good! You need to read my post #75 again...
Matthew 5:18-19 also applies here...

there are two laws for the person who partakes of the tree of knowledge of good and evil but for those who eat of the tree of life there is only one law.

Rom 8:1-8 (YLT)
There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit; for the law of the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus did set me free from the law of the sin and of the death; for what the law was not able to do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, His own Son having sent in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, did condemn the sin in the flesh, that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For those who are according to the flesh, the things of the flesh do mind; and those according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit; for the mind of the flesh is death, and the mind of the Spirit--life and peace; because the mind of the flesh is enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself, for neither is it able; and those who are in the flesh are not able to please God.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
That is just silly. You do not know Torah. There is no prohibition regarding eating a cheeseburger. You can not boil a kid in its mother's milk Exodus 23:19 There can be no sacrifices because there is no Temple.

The reason the Temple was destroyed was because the Law was completed (paid in full) when Jesus was crucified. Even his last words were "It is finished". It is good to recognize the Sabbath but it is not necessary.

Romans 7:4-6
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

And considering we are using a Roman calendar, how can we be sure if our Saturday or Sunday....or Tuesday for that sake, is the true "seventh day". "Biblical references refer to the Sabbath being the day of rest at the end of the week but that day can be either Sunday or Saturday in different religions. In international standard ISO-8601 the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has decreed that Monday shall be the first day of the week."(www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/what-day-starts-the-week.html)

I personally don't think the actually day matters so much as that we rest and recognize that God is God. To focus on something like this is to be nit picky and to miss the whole picture of Jesus' commandments to love God over everything and to love your neighbor. If you feel called by God to practice the Sabbath on Saturday, then you should. However, it is not your place to judge when others recognize it. And this isn't a requirement to get into heaven...only believing in the sacrificial gift that came through our Lord, Jesus Christ is. To fight over something so trivial is to cause division among believers, something we are not supposed to do as Christians.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the person who gives the law is superior to the law that he gives. Jesus Christ revealed this nobility by being a human and saying such things like "the sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath." so if we are united to God then we naturally fulfill the law. as much as we are near to God is how much we fulfill the law of God. as much as we are near to sin or our flesh or whatever we become like it and fulfill it.

God is infinite and therefore understanding his law takes his own self that he freely gives us. God is our judge. in whatever we do he is the just judge which is one reason he is called God. for lower spirits which include all of us who are made of flesh, we can only accept from God what we have the ability to receive.

therefore we are told be to born from above, that we might put away our childish things and live the life everlasting that God promised to us even though we have this gift in clay vessels. then even whatever childish things we do shall be pure and good, because we are Gods child.

Upvote 0