Sabbath and tithing

Jan 18, 2015
✟19,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know lots of people hold different beliefs about these two topics, but all I'm really looking for here is prayer. I am having trouble with both of these things. I would so appreciate your prayers. I want to understand these two things better, and to know God's heart about them. Thank you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: What a precious prayer, to seek to know "God's heart" in this. Praying for you dear heart. May He bless yer socks off and pour out blessings like rain on you, your family, and household, and grant you extraordinary wisdom, discernment, clarity, and favor. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Keeping the Sabbath is one of the Ten Commandments. The Lord created the heavens and the earth in six days and rested on the seventh, so He made the Sabbath a holy day of rest.

Tithes were from the old covenant and commanded the Jews to give a tenth of their harvest and proceeds to the priests and Levites so they could devote themselves to the Law of the LORD. These were the spiritual leaders of the people. In addition, the best food stores went into storage so that if anyone had a shortage they could eat from the stock collected. So in addition to supporting the clergy the tithes went to supporting a social welfare system. Today the federal government inefficiently does much of what the church used to do. The new covenant does not command us to give a tenth, but to give what is needed to care for those in need. Tithing will not get you into Heaven nor will not tithing keep you from Heaven, but we all need to support the church and those around us who are in need. Since the Lord will return sevenfold anything given in His name, it is advantageous of us to be as generous as possible in supporting those who go out and spread the Gospel.

Upvote 0