Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
I have a question. Sabbath is hard for me, as I cannot seem to relax and "shut down" for the Sabbath. To start, I'm a teacher...decidedly more than a 40 hour a week job. I'm also the head of the STEM department. I woke up in the middle of the night with a great idea for my students. So, I'm here researching it, gathering information and generally having a blast! I didn't make it to church services as I currently can't drive (broke my right ankle pretty badly). I have Amazing Facts live going as I continue being a teacher, looking for projects for my students.
Is there a problem with this? I'm not out doing anything like shopping, I'm here at home with a head full of ideas for my kids. I will be doing bible study later tonight (I like to do it in the evenings, cozy on my bed with my cats curled up around me). Any hints how to attempt to shut my brain off? And, no, I NEVER, EVER forget my Lord, just have trouble shutting off my crazy thoughts when it comes to my career.

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟99,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I woke up in the middle of the night with a great idea for my students. So, I'm here researching it, gathering information and generally having a blast!
It is hard to let go of a really busy week.
Whenever that happens to me, I crank up some Gospel music.
Other than obviously praying about it, it's a great help for me.

Know that if you give it all a rest, you'll be that much more productive come next week.

Upvote 0

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Can you switch the energy to bible study?

Not really...once I grab an idea, I'm like a dog with a bone. I woke up at about 4 this morning because of an idea. By 4:30 I was starting to design it. I did my study last night before I attempted to shut my brain off (going through Galatians). I am not neuro-typical, so my brain works differently than "normal". I do so wish that God had given me a normal brain.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0

Gary O'

Dec 27, 2020
Oregon
✟99,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
once I grab an idea, I'm like a dog with a bone.
Yeah, to a degree, I understand that

I do some writing
When it comes, it's much like driving a curvy country road, with the throttle stuck.
Can't seem to keep up with the keystrokes.
It can last thru the night and the next day
No or little food
No shower
Just writing...fast

Hope you find resolution to Sabbaths
They're such a blessing

Reactions: Enilorac
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have a question. Sabbath is hard for me, as I cannot seem to relax and "shut down" for the Sabbath. To start, I'm a teacher...decidedly more than a 40 hour a week job. I'm also the head of the STEM department. I woke up in the middle of the night with a great idea for my students. So, I'm here researching it, gathering information and generally having a blast! I didn't make it to church services as I currently can't drive (broke my right ankle pretty badly). I have Amazing Facts live going as I continue being a teacher, looking for projects for my students.
Is there a problem with this? I'm not out doing anything like shopping, I'm here at home with a head full of ideas for my kids. I will be doing bible study later tonight (I like to do it in the evenings, cozy on my bed with my cats curled up around me). Any hints how to attempt to shut my brain off? And, no, I NEVER, EVER forget my Lord, just have trouble shutting off my crazy thoughts when it comes to my career.

Pick up a Sabbath project such as reading through Desire of Ages.
Think of some Bible topics ideas evangelism ideas for your students.
Watch some of these great vids - Sabbath sing along - Bing video

Look for some kids Sabbath programming that might be of interest to your students after school

Reactions: Gary O'
Upvote 0