All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You wouldn't condone it for yourself but you would permit it as acceptable to others? Do you see a problem with that reasoning Mike?

I'm actually kind of surprised this is even questioned here. Its immorality plain and simple. I am actually also a bit surprised that no women have weighed in on this attempted degradation of them as it began with a misconceived notion of what the Bible means about the submissiveness of women to men.

Lust is also a sin within marriage. Forgive me but I find this ignorance incredulous.

How not to be used: Love and Responsibility

Peace.
I agree Joab!!! I want my future spouse to walk with me in Holiness within the marital bed. With Love, gentleness and mutual respect for each other. Not distorting our love with perversions.

If anyone want's to really know what is acceptable in the sight of God within the marital bed read, "The Song of Songs by Solomon".

It will be clear to you that perversion has no place within any relationship. Peace and Blessings.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One more thing I would like to add.

In talking about things of a marital intimate nature, in my opinion if it is a woman with the question, she should discuss it with another woman, who is mature in the Lord and in her marriage. If it is a man with the question, he should be discussing it with a mature man in the Lord and in his marriage.

In this way the questions and answers themselves are kept as pure and respectful as possible, and it doesn't cause a nother person of the opposite sex to trip and fall.

Just my opinion, according to what the Holy Spirit has shown me.

Peace and Blessings.

Reactions: Epiphanygirl
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The husband is head of the wife as Christ is head of the Church.

Can you envision Christ incorporating S&M in His relationship to the Church and excusing it as an aspect of headship ???
I'm Catholic.

Given some it the Chruches history,

I don't have a problem imagining that.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don'tr think that husband dominence, wifely submision has anything at all to do with the marriage bed. If a couple jointly choses the activities you're talking about, great. If there's some gentler coersion because one partner is more into it than the other, fine, I guess. But nobody should feel like they have to do anything in bed that they're just flat against doing. that isn't going to make for a healthy sex life and it isn't going to make for a healthy marriage. Everything in the bedroom should be for mutual enjoyment, I think.
Mikey and me were both from the northern tier.

Being a parent and spouse is pretty tough just generally.

Winter get hard, nights start at 3 PM, the cold can get to you.

Up here, sometimes husbands and wives sneak out for the night, get a hotel room, have some drinks, smoke some joints and do things they don't talk about around the donut and coffee table after church on Sunday.

And survey's show that the Republicans do this more often then the Democrats.

go figure.

Upvote 0

OnTheWay

Nov 21, 2005
✟6,746.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One more thing I would like to add.

In talking about things of a marital intimate nature, in my opinion if it is a woman with the question, she should discuss it with another woman, who is mature in the Lord and in her marriage. If it is a man with the question, he should be discussing it with a mature man in the Lord and in his marriage.

That's just plain weird. You want to talk sex, talk about it with whoever you're having it with. Pulling someone aside to ask if reverse cowboy is okay is simply gross. It's uncomfortable for them, a bit rude on your part, and just plain weird all around. "Hey John, how are you? Listen, Jill wants to hook my nipples up to a car battery. Being that you're mature in the Lord, do you think that's cool? Would it be different if we used a 9 volt instead?"

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry if I offended any of you. I notice many of you pointed out that such activities would amount to the husband using his wife for lust. that is not what I am advocating. It could only be ok if both husband and wife wanted to try it. I am not saying that S&M is good, but it might be morally neutral, and thus in the catogory of Christian freedom

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry if I offended any of you. I notice many of you pointed out that such activities would amount to the husband using his wife for lust. that is not what I am advocating. It could only be ok if both husband and wife wanted to try it. I am not saying that S&M is good, but it might be morally neutral, and thus in the catogory of Christian freedom

hmm...but I'm wondering if s&m itself is immoral..:confused: it seems so to me...it's like a fetish.. it doesn't seem right to me somehow.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Then they are both lustful fools.

It in no way can be justified.

Even if we are married we are still called to be pure and chaste. Beating each other up for sexual pleasure seriously is perverted and goes against our human diginity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
Marriage isn't a license for lust and perversion.

Just as with any sacrament, it has to be treated with the proper respect and dignity and not be sacrilegiously profaned or perverted. The desire to do such things is a symptom of a deeper wound and spiritual disorder that one should seek to heal with authentic divine love and probably some solid spiritual direction.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Just as with any sacrament, it has to be treated with the proper respect and dignity and not be profaned or perverted. The desire to do such things is a symptom of a deeper wound and spiritual disorder that one should seek to heal with authentic divine love.

Reps bro!

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Just as with any sacrament, it has to be treated with the proper respect and dignity and not be sacrilegiously profaned or perverted. The desire to do such things is a symptom of a deeper wound and spiritual disorder that one should seek to heal with authentic divine love.
:amen:

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Beating each other up for sexual pleasure seriously is perverted and goes against our human diginity.

And I think that it's unnatural, I mean people shouldn't feel pleasure at that. That's just wrong. I don't think that's what God intended, and it's a result of our sinful nature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Becoming one flesh does not necessitate duct tape.
no one here is saying that it necessitates any type of fetish.
for an act to be good it has to have good means and a good goal. The goal is mutual enjoyment for husband and wife, the question is can S&M be healthy, no one is saying it is needed

Upvote 0

Dominus Fidelis

ScottBot is Stalking Me!
Sep 10, 2003
Florida
✟18,909.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Just as with any sacrament, it has to be treated with the proper respect and dignity and not be sacrilegiously profaned or perverted. The desire to do such things is a symptom of a deeper wound and spiritual disorder that one should seek to heal with authentic divine love and probably some solid spiritual direction.

Excellent!!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
sounds like good advise Mike
I see it as a Christian freedom issue, we are free in Christ to do what is good and what makes God, others and ourself happy, as long as it is a good thing.
If tBD/SM is fundamentaly harmful to a relationship it is not covered under Christian freedom, if it is not fundamentaly harmful, then it can be good as long you practice it in a healthy and loveing way

Rhamiel, Christian freedom is the freedom from the slavery of sin and the disordered passions of the flesh. It is the freedom to rise from our fallen state and to be restored to our full humanity. Part of being fully human is the proper use and expression of our sexuality as God has intended it. Such practices are harmful whether both parties gain pleasure from it or not as they debase and distort the authentic expression of married love and therefore wound our humanity.

Upvote 0

Epiphanygirl

Don't De-Rock Me
Oct 6, 2004
Behind you :)
✟11,873.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bro, a wife can lust too.

Is the issue of what two people want or what God wants?
You have not addressed the biblical issues " Christian freedom" raised instead you are arguing a libertarian ethic.

I am not offended, I am saying you are confusing personal choice with the biblical design of marriage.

Becoming one flesh does not necessitate duct tape.
^_^ ROFL........That should be a signature!!! too Funny!!!

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
no one here is saying that it necessitates any type of fetish.
for an act to be good it has to have good means and a good goal. The goal is mutual enjoyment for husband and wife, the question is can S&M be healthy, no one is saying it is needed
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

physical abuse is objectively wrong. The context it's used in, in no way makes it right.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.