Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was watching Fox News commentator Mark Steyn comment on the the Democratic impeachment trial where at least one person compared the Capitol riot with the Rwandan Genocide. The irony said Steyn is "the US government under Bill Clinton when this happened did not compare the Rwandan Genocide to genocide but rather did it's best ignore it and minimize it's importance."

I'm talking about stuff like Godwin's Law.
Godwin's law - Wikipedia

US chose to ignore Rwandan genocide

Officials Told to Avoid Calling Rwanda Killings 'Genocide' (Published 1994)

Last edited:

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was watching Fox News commentator Mark Steyn comment on the the Democratic impeachment trial where at least one person compared the Capitol riot with the Rwandan Genocide. The irony said Steyn is "the US government under Bill Clinton when this happened did not compare the Rwandan Genocide to genocide but rather did it's best ignore it and minimize it's importance."

US chose to ignore Rwandan genocide

Officials Told to Avoid Calling Rwanda Killings 'Genocide' (Published 1994)

America’s secret role in the Rwandan genocide

My friend - that is about as far a stretch as you can get. It would be like linking Obama with what happened on the Amistad.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My friend - that is about as far a stretch as you can get. It would be like linking Obama with what happened on the Amistad.

OK well I guess I'm in trouble then. I would think someone like you might be able to appreciate the actual irony in the hyperbole of people talking about that now vs. what they did back then.

Godwin's law - Wikipedia

In fact this kind of is an example of Godwin's Law, except it's a different war and genocide.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK well I guess I'm in trouble then. I would think someone like you might be able to appreciate the actual irony in the hyperbole of people talking about that now vs. what they did back then.

Godwin's law - Wikipedia

In fact this kind of is an example of Godwin's Law, except it's a different war and genocide.

I recognize the extreme instances of hypocrisy, that is self evident in words and actions.

That’s not the issue I see with your OP.

I think there is abundant proof from the last four years of hyperbole and down right lies and manipulation of events.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I recognize the extreme instances of hypocrisy, that is self evident in words and actions.

That’s not the issue I see with your OP.

I think there is abundant proof from the last four years of hyperbole and down right lies and manipulation of events.

Well I guess that is the problem with doing threads based on some recent thing you see on the news. I would have liked to have used Steyn's actual clip but it was to soon to be down loaded etc. So the OP looks like I'm complaining about Clinton rather than the Reductio ad Hitlerium.

Upvote 0