✟816,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lightning kills many at Rwandan church

Ok I do not believe in random weather events. Why did this happen to this Seventh Day Adventist church?

What is going on in the Rwandan church that would require or allow so dramatic an intervention?

Was this an act of God if so what could it mean?

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ok I do not believe in random weather events. Why did this happen to this Seventh Day Adventist church?

What is going on in the Rwandan church that would require or allow so dramatic an intervention?

You do not believe in random weather events? So .... these people must have been bad people? Whaaaaat??

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I understand that when Ben Franklin worked out lightning was electricity and invented lightning rods (which I assume this Church did not have), there were people who opposed it on the grounds that lightning rods allowed one to circumvent a divine smiting.

• Haha
Reactions: Par5
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Inside, during church service on a Saturday.

Woah, that kind of brings it a little more into perspective.

Maybe there was some other things happening that we don't know about.

Who Knows . That is Weird though that they were actually inside The Church when it happened.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,914.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It always fascinates me in what kind of magical world christians live.

There are about 37 million churches in the world. There is worship in them at least a few hours each week. It's only a matter of statistical propability that sometime, somewhere in the world, lightning strikes a church during worship, with potentially fatal results. Especially since more religious people tend to gather in churches during thunderstorms for protection.

Insinuating that the people in the church did something evil and deserved this is ridiculous, bordering on cruel.

Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It always fascinates me in what kind of magical world christians live.

There are about 37 million churches in the world. There is worship in them at least a few hours each week. It's only a matter of statistical propability that sometime, somewhere in the world, lightning strikes a church during worship, with potentially fatal results. Especially since more religious people tend to gather in churches during thunderstorms for protection.

Insinuating that the people in the church did something evil and deserved this is ridiculous, bordering on cruel.

God uses natural disasters to punish people.

And since you want to criticize "religious people", I have some "Criticism" for you. I Don't Care What You Think.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟488,914.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
God uses natural disasters to punish people

And who are you to judge which natural disaster was divine punishment and which just happened?

Or is every lightning strike personally delivered by your diety of choice? What about this one?

Baby dies after mother struck by lightning while 9 months pregnant | WeatherPlus

And since you want to criticize "religious people", I have some "Criticism" for you. I Don't Care What You Think.

That's not criticism, that's a statement of your own opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And who are you to judge which natural disaster was divine punishment and which just happened?

Oh Yeah, and who are You? See I can play that game also.

We can go round and round and round as long as you like.

I Win.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟488,914.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Matthew 5:45
so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

NASB

I doubt that it was a direct intervention of God. Weather events happen based on the laws of nature which God created. The righteous and the unrighteous all have to deal with tornados, hurricanes, storms, lightening, floods, mudslides and earthquakes.

• Winner
Reactions: Rubiks
Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

It was an act of nature. Lightning is lazy, it takes the easiest path to earth and unfortunately that church was the easy path to earth. It could just as easily been some other building.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

It means that you believe in a god of superstition, in direct contradiction to the themes taught in the book of Job.

Upvote 0