Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I really like the analogy on Ruth, Naomi and Boaz that is explained after the twenty two minute mark in this video.

I am not sure if this is the best possible forum for this topic but I think it does fit because probably many of you may not like this analogy at all?????

Bobby Conner is one of the funniest pastors that I know of as well.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really like the analogy on Ruth, Naomi and Boaz that is explained after the twenty two minute mark in this video.
I am not sure if this is the best possible forum for this topic but I think it does fit because probably many of you may not like this analogy at all?????
Bobby Conner is one of the funniest pastors that I know of as well.
I don't usually do videos but I love that analogy. That would make a great sermon illustration. I got to see/hear Grady Nutt preach at his/my Alma Mater not too long before his death. He was hysterical.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You will be astonished by what is mentioned after the forty eight minute mark in this video. This is the one that I was looking for for several days now!

It is about Satan sending witches to infiltrate intercessory prayer groups.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't usually do videos but I love that analogy. That would make a great sermon illustration. I got to see/hear Grady Nutt preach at his/my Alma Mater not too long before his death. He was hysterical.

Do you remember the book by Norman Cousins?

Bobby Conner is one of the best Christian comedians that I know of so I wonder if listening to many of his sermons.... and laughing a lot..... can lead to healing?

The Remarkable Story of Norman Cousins - Laugh Off Life
In his novel, Anatomy of an Illness, Norman Cousins describes his rigorous recovery from ankylosing spondylitis, a painful collagen illness that rendered him immobile, and at its nadir, nearly incapable of moving his jaw. His doctor and long time friend Dr. William Hitzig put it to him bluntly: only one of every five hundred people diagnosed with this affliction fully recovers. To beat these odds, he quickly decided he needed to actively pursue why his body was reacting the way it was, and how to reverse the damage.

Foremost, he concluded that a recent, extremely stressful trip to Russia due to miscommunications and tight scheduling had rendered his immune system vulnerable to the toxic fumes emitted by large diesel truck engines working round-the-clock at his hotel. Then the task before him was simple. He needed to restore his immune system. He just needed to figure out how.

Relying on previously read books on the subject, such as Hans Selye's The Stress of Life, he learned that negative emotions, such as frustration or suppressed rage, are linked to adrenal exhaustion. Therefore, Cousins assumed the opposite to be true, that positive emotions - love, hope, faith, laughter, confidence - would yield salutary results. However, Cousins knew that "putting positive emotions to work is nothing so simple as turning on a garden hose."

Additionally, the pain medication he was being administered - roughly 38 pills of aspirin and phenlybutazone per day - he learned could, even in small amounts, be destructive and promote internal bleeding. For this, he requested two things of Dr. Hitzig. To repair his immune system, dangerously high doses of ascorbic acid, or Vitamin C which he read could combat inflammation and nurture his deteriorating adrenal glands. And to combat the unbearable pain, Marx Brothers films. Candid Camera. And selections from E.B. White's Subtreasury of American Humor. He quickly discovered that merely ten minutes of induced hearty laughter would produce about two hours of painless sleep.

The result is clear. After several years of continuous laughter therapy,
Cousins experienced little to no pain in day-to-day living.
Though he relied on Vitamin C to physically repair immune system,
he relied on the often overlooked medication of laughter to
mentally cure his condition and live to the age of 75.

Upvote 0

Vimi

Vessel
May 3, 2011
Texas
Visit site
✟19,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You will be astonished by what is mentioned after the forty eight minute mark in this video. This is the one that I was looking for for several days now!

It is about Satan sending witches to infiltrate intercessory prayer groups.

It is quite sad how most of the churches particularly in the United States lack supernatural spiritual discernment. This really shouldn't be astonishing news for any believer in this day and age.

This is quite common knowledge amongst some body of believers (I've grown up with this knowledge) but the vast majority have no clue who is really operating within the 5-fold ministry in their assembly.

This is very prevalent in groups who overemphasize gifts and talents over character and fruit.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is quite sad how most of the churches particularly in the United States lack supernatural spiritual discernment. This really shouldn't be astonishing news for any believer in this day and age.

This is quite common knowledge amongst some body of believers (I've grown up with this knowledge) but the vast majority have no clue who is really operating within the 5-fold ministry in their assembly.

This is very prevalent in groups who overemphasize gifts and talents over character and fruit.

Thank you for your comment.

You inspired me to pray in a new way over these past few hours because I know that I have to ask for that type of discernment and those type of spiritual gifts in order to receive them.

Mat 21:22

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Jhn 16:24

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

1Jo 3:22

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

• Agree
Reactions: Vimi
Upvote 0

Vimi

Vessel
May 3, 2011
Texas
Visit site
✟19,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your comment.

You inspired me to pray in a new way over these past few hours because I know that I have to ask for that type of discernment and those type of spiritual gifts in order to receive them.

Mat 21:22

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Jhn 16:24

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

1Jo 3:22

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
I agree with you that we really should utilize the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I do, as the Holy Spirit leads.

But really, when it comes to wolves in sheep's clothing, many church leaders do very little investigation about the people they trust to lead up evangelism, prophetic, prayer, teaching etc.

The most overlooked areas the enemy is trying to infiltrate is the kids through wicked sunday school teachers, immoral youth ministers, and pathetic prayer "leaders".

In most cases, there is always some indicators that the person is not geniune but this can only be seen with supernatural discernment coming from the Holy Spirit.

• Informative
Upvote 0