W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope no one minds if I post videos here. I'm trying to spend my time online more wisely, and I need a constructive outlet to spend it on. I like rustic wood and metal working, as well as modern things too. I am a youtube junkie as well, and sometimes I run across interesting ideas.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I found this video today and its interesting. This guy uses a chainsaw to surface plane a rustic wood stool seat.

(Caution: chainsaws can be dangerous if mishandled. Learn how to properly use this tool before attempting this or any other techniques, seriously)

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yeah i know electronics, i was posting an interesting channel for the inquisitive mind...oh well perhaps it boring to ya ;)

Not boring at all. Feel free to share anything you wish. I once thought about learning electronics, but I found other passions for wood and metal. I'm hooked.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
bro, i thought it was wood or metal things?
Sorry, I didn't mean that you guys couldn't post anything other than wood or metal. You are welcome to post as well, anything you like. Yes the pump isn't exactly wood or metal, but its easy and cool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love this stuff. Carving bowls and spoons. Lovely art. Bowls are a bit tricky from what i've seen, because the wood warps after you shape it and as it dries. You can use already cured wood but fresh green wood is easier to shape. You can use hand carving tools or even a wood lathe with green wood, but power tools would be better for dry/cured wood, I imagine.They usually make a bowl blank, let it dry, then rough it into shape, then let it dry more, then finish it. If its done correctly it wont be warped when finished, although a warped bowl can still be functional, and even look cool as well. You can probably speed up the drying process either in a solar drying kiln which uses the suns heat to dry wood, or even in a microwave oven.

Upvote 0