Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟18,723.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Not surprised we have to go outside our own borders to find religious leaders with enough backbone to speak out against this ever growing and very dangerous gay movement. For sure certain denominations will not even clean out their own houses of this sin against God and man.

God will judge the pagan world for supporting gays, and in the case of Christian's, these will be judged for not speaking out against homosexuality. If you don't speak out against it, in the eye's of God, your supporting it!

America, England, Canada, France, and many other nation's have grown soft for their support of Godly things.

The doom of Sodom.

Abraham pleaded with the Lord not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if 10 RIGHTEOUS men could be found in the cities. "And the Lord went his way! And the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven." Compare with,

Rev.8:7, "The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they (the hail) were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all greeN grass was burnt up." As did the seas burn up, when a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea.

Read the rest for yourselves.

Phil LaSpino

Well...at least with fire and brimstone the snow may melt!! ^_^

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I must say, from the handeling of the members of the punk band PussyRiot and these new laws, and disputes over land
it seems to Westerners that the Russian Government and the Russian Orthodox Church are very very close

It does seem that the government and the church are intertwined in many ways, but at least Putin supports christianity unlike the Soviets. Although I imagine that Byzantine Rite Catholicism is still suppressed because of the government.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It does seem that the government and the church are intertwined in many ways, but at least Putin supports christianity unlike the Soviets. .

They both support(ed) the church so long as they were/are in control of it. The journalist Cathy Young summarized the current situation this way:

It is, rather, an unequal tandem of a cynically pious state and a cynically servile church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They both support(ed) the church so long as they were/are in control of it. The journalist Cathy Young summarized the current situation this way:

Albion, I cordially disagree. The Soviet Union was an atheist state that sought to extinguish religion of all types. Christians were killed, cathedrals torn down, and the church subjugated.

Under Putin the church does not need to live in fear, there is a big difference between a perceived christian dictatorship and an atheist dictatorship.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Albion, I cordially disagree.
That's fine...and I like cordiality.

The Soviet Union was an atheist state that sought to extinguish religion of all types. Christians were killed, cathedrals torn down, and the church subjugated.

Under Putin the church does not need to live in fear, there is a big difference between a perceived christian dictatorship and an atheist dictatorship.

All I see there is a matter of degree. It doesn't rebut anything I wrote or the author I cited.

In a way, however, I guess it agrees with your earlier comment that "Putin supports Christianity unlike the Soviets." Yes, he does support Christianity to some degree, and certainly more than during the Soviet era, but he--the old KGB atheist--does give his limited support only so far as the church is willing to dance to Putin's music (which it certainly does).

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Τίποτα νέο μυθιστόρημα τίποτα
Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
After reading the report, I'm almost laughing at the headline.
The only words of that Patriarch quoted were, "is a dangerous and apocalyptic symptom". But the report concluded he meant the end is near like he was about to don a sign or dig a deep hole to hide in.
It might do one good to look up the five various meanings of that word.
Apocalyptic - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
From that report, I can't begin to say what he meant by apocalyptic symptom. But it was clear as to what the reporter was doing.

Upvote 0