✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe they'll take an interest now that "it has been claimed" that the pilot had two bullets in him.
No. Putin's a great guy, a strong leader and a devout Christian. This is in no way analogous to Commerce Secretary Ron Brown being shot in the head right before an airplane crash for, reasons.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Haha
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If it’s not a crime, guilt or innocence is irrelevant.

Colluding to release materials stolen by a foreign government is a crime. Hope this helps!
Ringo

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
...not unless your talking about classified information. This is the internal communications of a private organization. Its publication is protected by the First Amendment.

Of course, if the hacking really was done by a foreign government, it hardly matters that it was illegal. Foreign governments are not beholden to US law, they are beholden to their own laws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm..."It's not a crime, and even if it is, their laws should apply, and not ours"

"America first! An American organization was hacked by foreign agents and their data stolen, but that's not a crime because their laws apply!"

Makes perfect sense.
Ringo

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If the DNC's emails were hacked, and not leaked internally, then yes, it's a crime on part of those who hacked the servers and nobody else. If it was Russians, then yes, it is Russian law they are beholden to. "Should" has nothing to do with it. That's simply a fact. Mueller can indict all the Russians he wants, but you know as well as I do that Russia will never extradite them. For that reason, those indictments are an empty gesture - the charges will never have to be proven.

Even if the charges are true, from Russia's point of view, they were doing their jobs. Sometimes foreign intelligence work entails breaking the laws of the countries you're operating in. If the CIA had the opportunity to read the internal emails of the United Russia, do you think they'd hesitate you take advantage of it? Do you think they would care if it violated Russian law?

The DNC is an American organization, but it is a private organization, and not one that represents me any way. So forgive me if I can't bring myself to care about their cybersecurity issues. It's not my problem. If they wanted to spare themselves the embarrassment of their internal emails being put out by Wikileaks, perhaps they should have thought about that before they decided to rig their primary in Hillary Clinton's favor. You'd think that the fact that they needed to rig the primary to give her the nomination would be a huge red flag about her strength as a candidate.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So which is it, then? You've said two things:
1. It's not a crime
2. It's a crime, but I don't care because
a) The DNC is a private organization (newsflash: if I hacked the servers of Sony, a private organization, I'd be arrested and convicted)
b) Russia was "just doing its job" (meddling in our elections is still a crime)

You can't have it both ways. Either our elections being hacked and manipulated is a serious problem and a crime - regardless of the targets or whether you liked the outcome - or its not.
Ringo

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
We don't know all the facts, so consider the possibilities.

1) The DNC emails were leaked internally. In this case there's no crime at all.
2) The DNC server was hacked from inside the United States. That's a crime committed the hacker, and if he's caught he should be prosecuted accordingly. It is not a crime on part of anybody in Wikileaks, let alone the Trump campaign.
3) The DNC server was hacked from outside the United States. Sure it's still a crime, but the person who committed it is beyond our reach, and even if the hacker could be identified, bring him in could be tricky, particularly if he's in a country with no extradition treaty with the US. If the hacker was an agent of a foreign government, forget it. For the hacker to repay the hacker for his service to their country by sending him to the US to face prosecution would be an act of profound betrayal. Do you honestly expect that a single one of those Russian nationals indicted by Mueller will ever face extradition?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The Russian Deputy Attorney General who helped set up the Trump Tower meeting between Natalia Veselnitskaya, Manafort, Don Jr., Kushner and others, died in a helicopter crash in Russia.
Senior Russian Prosecutor Tied To Russia Investigation Dies In Helicopter Crash - The Intellectualist

LINK

The longtime aide to “Putin’s Congressman” Dana Rohrabacher died suddenly from a head injury over the weekend.

Paul Behrends was found by emergency responders close to his home on Friday night with severe head trauma. He was taken to a local hospital where surgeons fought to save him, but he passed away on Saturday, according to a spokesman for Rohrabacher.

Behrends was a controversial figure on Capitol Hill who lost his job as staff director for the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee after The Daily Beast reported on his links to Trump Tower lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya’s operation in the U.S.

Upvote 0