Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Ambassador Sergei Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

Russia at times feeds false information into communication streams it suspects are monitored as a way of sowing misinformation and confusion among U.S. analysts. But officials said that it’s unclear what Kislyak would have had to gain by falsely characterizing his contacts with Kushner to Moscow, particularly at a time when the Kremlin still saw the prospect of dramatically improved relations with Trump.

Kushner’s apparent interest in establishing a secret channel with Moscow, rather than relying on U.S. government systems, has added to the intrigue surrounding the Trump administration’s relationship with Russia.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
.........when will we lift ourselves out of this quicksand and get down to tackling our own problems in the Senate and House? Is it even possible? I think this journey through poison oak is leading to the loss of the Senate in 2018, and big losses in the House.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was going to make a comment about party lines but figured most here would be too young to remember those.
1.jpg

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was going to make a comment about party lines but figured most here would be too young to remember those.
1.jpg
We were still on one on the east coast in 1962. When I moved here 40 years ago some people outside of town were still on party lines, including us, and were until about 1994 or so.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

One of the meetings between Jared Kushner, General Flynn and Russian Ambassador Kislyak took place in Trump Towers - Reuters is reporting that there were others!

Neither Kushner nor Flynn reported these contacts when applying for security clearances - that alone constitutes a felony than carries with it a prison term of 5 years!

"LOCK THEM UP!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Trump wanted Hillary "locked up" for using an unsecured private server

BUT

high ranking members of his campaign and administration, Jared Kushner and General Flynn, proposed using the Russian embassy's own secured server as a "back-channel" to avoid American intelligence surveillance!

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Trump wanted Hillary "locked up" for using an unsecured private server

BUT

high ranking members of his campaign and administration, Jared Kushner and General Flynn, proposed using the Russian embassy's own secured server as a "back-channel" to avoid American intelligence surveillance!

I think the big difference is that the former could be hacked by a foreign government, for instance, the guys in the Kremlin where Intelligence Agencies would have no way of knowing what is being passed. The latter is quite literally a direct line to the Kremlin where Intelligence Agencies would have no way of knowing what is being passed.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
.........when will we lift ourselves out of this quicksand and get down to tackling our own problems in the Senate and House? Is it even possible? I think this journey through poison oak is leading to the loss of the Senate in 2018, and big losses in the House.

Let us pray that this is so. May it drag on until mid 2018, creating gridlock to derail Trump's budget and Healthcare (?) Proposals.

Then, when Trump's congressional enablers have been fully exposed, let's clean house and senate that November.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Ambassador Sergei Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

Russia at times feeds false information into communication streams it suspects are monitored as a way of sowing misinformation and confusion among U.S. analysts. But officials said that it’s unclear what Kislyak would have had to gain by falsely characterizing his contacts with Kushner to Moscow, particularly at a time when the Kremlin still saw the prospect of dramatically improved relations with Trump.

Kushner’s apparent interest in establishing a secret channel with Moscow, rather than relying on U.S. government systems, has added to the intrigue surrounding the Trump administration’s relationship with Russia.

Seeing how Kushner is a big fan of intervention in the Middle East, I think that the potential gain is kind of obvious. Not saying that it didn't happen. Just pointing out the obvious gain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would this be something like Clinton establishing her own secure email server rather than relying on the US government system, which had been hacked in the past?

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seeing how Kushner is a big fan of intervention in the Middle East, I think that the potential gain is kind of obvious. Not saying that it didn't happen. Just pointing out the obvious gain.
The problems are that he was a private citizen at the time and he neglected to mention it in his security vetting.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would this be something like Clinton establishing her own secure email server rather than relying on the US government system, which had been hacked in the past?
No, that wasn't illegal in itself (only sending or receiving classified information from it was, which was not done intentionally, and not done for anything marked as such at the time), whereas a private citizen making secret deals with a foreign government might be.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problems are that he was a private citizen at the time and he neglected to mention it in his security vetting.
I'm not positive but I think that it is more than that.

Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in December that Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, asked him about setting up a communications channel between the transition team and the Kremlin using Russian facilities in the United States.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, that wasn't illegal in itself (only sending or receiving classified information from it was, which was not done intentionally, and not done for anything marked as such at the time), whereas a private citizen making secret deals with a foreign government might be.
Yes, I was being facetious.
Not about the legality of it but about the methods used.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums