• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Russia trying to mislead Americans with disinformation about vaccines

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟160,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
We are discussing Russian efforts at disinformation so i would like to know what the Russsians have been spreading yet the article doesn't tell us.
The article is only a short blurb, but it did give the name of the websites. If you are interested in examples of vaccine disinformation, go for it.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you don't mind me asking, what did you think though of the Russian generated fake Senator Rubio tweet I posted about above? It stood out.

Also, are you already aware that Russian disinformation is very extensive over the years? (if you're not aware of that, then please tell me if you'd like to see some examples to prove it)

I think fake twitters are very bad things . I am aware that countries engage in very extensive disinformation campaigns, Russia being one of them. This is why I do not take what sources of any kind say as factual information but instead begin from a position of skepticism.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The article is only a short blurb, but it did give the name of the websites. If you are interested in examples of vaccine disinformation, go for it.
I am interested in knowing what the Russian disinformation was that the article failed to tell us.

Upvote 0

Astroqualia

Born-again Truthseeker
Feb 5, 2019
FL
✟11,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are of course some actual conspiracies, and many that are just imagined.

If you are lucky, you can find out first hand.

Real example --

In this thread from April 2020, in post #2 a popular conspiracy theory --

"Across the city, hospitals are overrun...."

But I was lucky in this instance.

I lived in a densely packed suburb of one of the Covid hotspots.

Myself.

So, I didn't have to guess whether the report of hospitals getting a lot of Covid patients was true or just a conspiracy of the news media....

Because I -- myself -- had been witnessing, first hand, something new and frightening.

Here where I've lived over 8 years, I can reliably expect that I will hear about 1-2 ambulance sirens per day because of the major boulevard a block and a half away.

Every day you can hear a siren here. 1 or 2, and less common would be 3 or zero. It's because the area is so densely populated and the ambulance stating not far away. It's very reliable.

And I had 8 years of data.

So... April 2020 came, and the sirens started to increase.

Until they were almost constant(!) -- if you stepped outdoors so you could hear sirens both near and the far. Anytime you went outside.

It's hard to describe how shocking that was -- to hear almost constant sirens, so that there were 20 or 30 siren events in a day.

From 2, maybe 3 in a day, to almost constant sirens.

It was chilling, frightening on one level.

Though I did feel safe. I trust in the Lord.

So, see, I knew then the local news channels reporting here about our hospitals filling up at that time with Covid patients were telling the truth fully.

I heard it happening.

Your anecdotal evidence differs from mine. Others differ from others.

And at the same time there were reports coming from multiple countries including here, of empty but staffed covid overflow hospitals, among a whole host of other evidenced overreaction based events that numerous sources of evidence actually exist for, that people who believe official stories one sidedly tend to believe. I found this out very early on in my 10+ years of an honest, in depth review of conspiracies.

The problem is, folks subscribe to one of two sides of an issue, and ignore evidence from the other side, denying it outright because authority tells them one side, so they automatically default deny the other. You can see this evidenced in conspiracy denial vs official narratives. And you can see that some conspiracies are, in fact, true by an honest review of both sides to an issue, instead of blindly believing either side of an issue.

The age old adage applies here. There is the official story, the conspiracy, and the truth in the middle, sometimes moreso aligning with one of those two sides. In some conspiracies it's very easy to see, like 9/11, that most basic-discernment folks can obviously tell the official story is 100% undeniable, objective propaganda. Others are harder to see, such as climate change data being slanted, that you actually have to dig somewhat deep yourself in where the data comes from and how it is ran through the various models [that always end up being wrong] in order to actually get to the bottom of. Still others are almost impossible to discern unless you spend months crawling through both propaganda, disinformation, false soapbox conspiracy parrots, and only find a very small amount of valid source info that checks out.

These topics deserve a more in depth look than just armchair-dismissal that they tend to get by folks who have no clue about any of the basic or advanced stuff. That's what I tend to try to communicate to people, often lost in frustrated language, that in turn, often hurts the mission of sharing the truth more than it helps.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your anecdotal evidence differs from mine. Others differ from others.

And at the same time there were reports coming from multiple countries including here, of empty but staffed covid overflow hospitals, among a whole host of other evidenced overreaction based events that numerous sources of evidence actually exist for, that people who believe official stories one sidedly tend to believe. I found this out very early on in my 10+ years of an honest, in depth review of conspiracies.

The problem is, folks subscribe to one of two sides of an issue, and ignore evidence from the other side, denying it outright because authority tells them one side, so they automatically default deny the other. You can see this evidenced in conspiracy denial vs official narratives. And you can see that some conspiracies are, in fact, true by an honest review of both sides to an issue, instead of blindly believing either side of an issue.

The age old adage applies here. There is the official story, the conspiracy, and the truth in the middle, sometimes moreso aligning with one of those two sides. In some conspiracies it's very easy to see, like 9/11, that most basic-discernment folks can obviously tell the official story is 100% undeniable, objective propaganda. Others are harder to see, such as climate change data being slanted, that you actually have to dig somewhat deep yourself in where the data comes from and how it is ran through the various models [that always end up being wrong] in order to actually get to the bottom of. Still others are almost impossible to discern unless you spend months crawling through both propaganda, disinformation, false soapbox conspiracy parrots, and only find a very small amount of valid source info that checks out.

These topics deserve a more in depth look than just armchair-dismissal that they tend to get by folks who have no clue about any of the basic or advanced stuff. That's what I tend to try to communicate to people, often lost in frustrated language, that in turn, often hurts the mission of sharing the truth more than it helps.
While we can easily find endless reports and articles to support either side of conflicting views....

If you are fortunate, it is sometimes possible to personally go and directly see and learn first hand about something.

Example: local ICU claimed full, and extra tent field hospital set to up just in case is mostly empty. You can go directly to the hospital that is supposed to be the one that is full, and directly talk to staff coming off shift for instance, or heading in, first hand.
"Is the ICU full?"
And maybe even get to hear the first hand worker themselves tell you the answers.

When possible, it's very superior information. Otherwise one would only have theory from someone, or ideological claims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟160,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I am interested in knowing what the Russian disinformation was that the article failed to tell us.
You know where it is, why don't you go find it? I'm sure not going to give more examples of antivaxx propaganda, Russian or otherwise. There's too much of it in these forums already.

Upvote 0