Russia or China - Why is it important to Trump's Republican administration?

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here is another segment of Rachel Maddow.
Here she presents that a report came from the USA Intelligence community (during Trump's administration) that Russia had interfered in the 2020 election and that China had thought about interfering but had not actually taken steps to interfer.

After this report came out, many of Trump's admin - his AG, his deputy AG etc publicly announced that the number one threat to USA elections was China.

So, they were lying to the public.
My question is, why?
WHY do they lie about this? Why do they not like the actual truth? I mean, if they reported that it was Russia rather than China, what difference would it have made to them????

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here she presents that a report came from the USA Intelligence community (during Trump's administration) that Russia had interfered in the 2020 election and that China had thought about interfering but had not actually taken steps to interfer.

After this report came out, many of Trump's admin - his AG, his deputy AG etc publicly announced that the number one threat to USA elections was China.

My question is, why?
WHY do they lie about this? Why do they not like the actual truth? I mean, if they reported that it was Russia rather than China, what difference would it have made to them????
Go to Youtube and look up Malcolm Nance. He had tried to warn them before Trump was elected the first time.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

My question is, why?

Intelligence organizations, about 20 in number (I think) don't set policy, they like the cabinet secretaries that make up our executive branch of our government, simply advise the President. The President may have additional sources of intelligence that paint a different picture of the situation. These could be allied intelligence agencies, or even one individual known but to a few people who passes information through third parties...it's not necessarily a lie, perhaps the President felt more comfortable with what other sources provided on the issue.

Just so you know, every nation with the ability to do so attempts to interfere in the elections of other nations, if and when it's felt to be in their best interest, nothing new here. It's all about the game of intelligence and counter intelligence, this game is played out continuously across the globe, 24/7 365..it never stops...not even in peaceful New Zealand.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
After this report came out, many of Trump's admin - his AG, his deputy AG etc publicly announced that the number one threat to USA elections was China. So, they were lying to the public. My question is, why? WHY do they lie about this? Why do they not like the actual truth? I mean, if they reported that it was Russia rather than China, what difference would it have made to them????
Trump and Barr denied Russia's interference for the same reason that Russia attempted to help Trump win the election. I don't think anyone knows the answer but here are 3 observations:

1) It has been proposed that Trump was a Russian asset. Perhaps he had secret agreements with Putin regarding Syria, Ukraine, Nord Stream pipeline, sanctions, etc.

2) Perhaps Putin knew Biden's global policies and tried to avoid dealing with him.

3) Russia seems to have been supporting not only Trump but far-right parties in Europe as well. This may be an attempt against democracy around the world, in general. Far-right parties (like Trump's Republicans) are generally isolationist and antagonize the EU, NATO, and globalization. It's clearly easier for Putin to deal with each country individually rather than to deal with a unified West.

The 3rd observation is more likely and shows a long-term strategy that is not dependent on a single person like Trump but on supporting National Conservatism in general.

National conservatism

But all this strategizing is dwarfed by China, which is quickly becoming an international power in its own right, so much so that it doesn't care who is really in the White House.

Perhaps you can tell me about the Chinese influence in New Zealand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Putin has some kind of leverage on Trump. No US president has ever acted that cravenly towards Russia. The truly amazing thing is that so many Republican supporters were happy to go along with it after a lifetime of insisting on anti-Russian sentiment.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,387.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My question is, why?

One thing is about election interference. The other thing is about threats in general.

Upvote 0