• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Russia condemns racism against white Americans

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Nine of Spades, Apr 3, 2021.

Is Russia right to condemn racism against white Americans?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. ForHimbyHim

ForHimbyHim Member

+74
    Kenya
    Christian
    Married
    Glad I don't follow Confucius. My God said be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry, for now, I listen.

2. ForHimbyHim

ForHimbyHim Member

+74
    Kenya
    Christian
    Married
    When I look back at systematic race in America, all I see is 'no blacks' posters. Please do post 'No Slav Catholic' posters. I may have missed that discrimination. Do you mean the Slavs would go to the 'coloured only' water fountains?

3. ForHimbyHim

ForHimbyHim Member

+74
    Kenya
    Christian
    Married
    From my experience I was day guns and forced takeovers are the go-to for manipulating masses into obedience. We have obviously lived different lives.

4. ForHimbyHim

ForHimbyHim Member

+74
    Kenya
    Christian
    Married
    But can I ask, when 'no blacks' posters were put up, did they just not lump all black people together, whether you were American, Ghanaian, Guyanese, did it not? Regardless of where you were from, just based on the colour of your skin you either could or couldn't use or access the privilege.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+4,302
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    James (I believe) did a bit on the tongue. Same concept.
    James 3:5-6

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  6. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,975
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    That's not the definition. Racism is simply discrimination based on race. You can be racist and not have power.

7. Eftsoon

Eftsoon Active Member

+176
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I wasn't claiming that that was the definition. I'm talking about a very specific kind of racism which requires disempowerment of one group by another. This is the source of its sting.

8. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,975
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Eh I disagree. While government/law enforced racial discrimination is awful, and thankfully a thing of the past, it's the direct peer racism that is still tearing at the moral fabric of society. It's easy and "safer" to be racist online; behind the protection of a screen and keyboard. People are more inclined to show their true colors behind anonymity. While racism appears to be alive and well (and as long as different ethnic groups, this side of the Kingdom of God, exists I am afraid racism will too), what I don't find is that systemic nor institutional racism exists beyond the practices of "racial quotas" in specific institutions (namely academic).

Unfortunately, there does seem to be a push to bring them back; both in regards to race and sex.

9. Andrewn

Andrewn Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+2,554
    Canada
    Anglican
    Married
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. KarateCowboy

KarateCowboy Classical liberal Supporter

+1,991
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    There's no way you can honestly think that when I wrote:

But when you talk about this group and that group and engineering outcomes, presumably based on race, it sure sounds like the typical university racism we see these days. It's belittling to the individual, intrinsically.

That I meant:

talking anything of race is belittling to the individual

It's not possible.

@Pommer got in right. Confucius did righteousness with that one. It was attributed to him.

Cool! We had rocks thrown at us, our church bombed, our livestock slaughtered, our crops burnt. Meanwhile our cousins in Europe were being exterminated in Nazi concentration camps. I would gladly take posters and exclusive water fountains over that. Check your black privilege, amirite?

I would like to respond to this, but it's all chopped up and I can't make sense of it.

INNA. DuckDuckGo it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  11. KarateCowboy

KarateCowboy Classical liberal Supporter

+1,991
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    It's important to be able to see two separate issues and deal with them each individually. Bringing up a local Russian law that is not related to systemic racism against whites in America is pure, genuine, unfiltered Whataboutism.

12. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+11,212
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I've come to appreciate over the past four years that some Americans admire authoritarian leaders such as Putin. Trump openly admired Purtin (and other such leaders) and did his best to destroy American institution, cheered on by the MAGA crowd. Fortunately, he did not succeed but the danger is still there....as evidenced by a Republican party that is willing to forsake basic democratic principles.

13. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,029
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Who is actually destroying American institution but those who continue insisting that America's institutions are all inherently racist and must be dismantled?

14. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,624
    Atheist
    Private
    Anyone have any idea who is being quoted here?

• List
  15. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,029
    Non-Denom
    Single
    If it doesn't show up on your screen, it means you have the quoted person on your ignore list.

16. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+21,281
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    I think (just as I did) KCfromNC is having a hard time understanding who you mean, when you are speaking of "those who continue insisting that America's institutions are all inherently racist and must be dismantled?"

I mean, America's acceptance of African slavery was inherently racist, and we dismantled it. But in the context of the original comment, I don't know that anyone has decried the official certification of election results as inherently racist.

17. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,029
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I was referring to the woke culture, and people here who seem to subscribe to it that keep saying that American institutions, American government, and basically the entire "system" is inherently racist.

• List
  18. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,624
    Atheist
    Private
    I guess the answer is no, no one seems to actually know the names of the people being refereed to in posts like these.

19. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,044
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I have no problem with anyone staring a thread about racism in America which leaves Russia out of the topic.