✟22,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but some americans simply don't care...

Senator Richard Burr, who has access to some of the most highly classified US intelligence, said Moscow has shown a clear will and ability to disrupt elections in Western democracies.

"What we might assess was a very covert effort in 2016 in the United States, is a very overt effort, as well as covert, in Germany and France," he told reporters.

link

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟22,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep, my toaster blew up yesterday and I am pretty sure that I saw Putin racing out of my front door, so it must be a Russian conspiracy to upset my toast and jam delights.

yup, i'm sure all of our intelligence services are just mistaken.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟43,594.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
yup, i'm sure all of our intelligence services are just mistaken.
Yes, just as they were mistaken with the phony Weapons of Mass Destruction; instead of referring to them as intelligence services maybe we should refer to them as unintelligence or Bureau's of Mis-Informationm or incompetence.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but some americans simply don't care...

Explain Russia's possible motives and goals, and lets get down to it then.

...What does Russia want? Let's not be afraid to use our conscience outside of the facts please. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Explain Russia's possible motives and goals, and lets get down to it then.

...What does Russia want? Let's not be afraid to use our conscience outside of the facts please. Thanks.

Lebensraum, with the difference being instead of "greater living space", Russia wants "greater controlled space".

What are their motives? Whatever they are, I wouldn't trust them any further than I could throw them, period. Why? Their government hasn't changed one bit. Anyone who believes Russia is a democracy is living a pipe dream. Their people are still pretty much under the thumb of a totalitarian government, which at present, is being called a "democracy". The problem isn't with the people of Russia, but rather their government. When they changed over from communism to a so-called democratic government, the same people were left in power. So what changed? Nothing. They got huge sums of money from the west when the iron curtain fell and where did it all go? Into their military and pockets of their politicians & some of the businessmen.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟43,594.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Lebensraum, with the difference being instead of "greater living space", Russia wants "greater controlled space".

What are their motives? Whatever they are, I wouldn't trust them any further than I could throw them, period. Why? Their government hasn't changed one bit. Anyone who believes Russia is a democracy is living a pipe dream. Their people are still pretty much under the thumb of a totalitarian government, which at present, is being called a "democracy". The problem isn't with the people of Russia, but rather their government. When they changed over from communism to a so-called democratic government, the same people were left in power. So what changed? Nothing. They got huge sums of money from the west when the iron curtain fell and where did it all go? Into their military and pockets of their politicians & some of the businessmen.
For those of us who have lived through part of the old Soviet era, the developments of the EU and with the often disastrous US foreign policies, for many Christians, we now find ourselves in a strange position in that the Russian Federation has turned from being the evil-empire to where we can now deem them to be the good guys on the International scene, whereas the US either intentionally or through incompetence continues to be the catalyst for international instability and it’s erratic policies have seen it supporting Islam-terrorism by financing and training various Islamic terrorist organisations.

We can be thankful that the Russians were able to improve the situation in Syria, where they attacked numerous Islamo-terrorist groups that the US and Turkey appeared to be equipping, or at least where they were turning a blind eye to their actions just so that US foreign policy that is hell bent on overthrowing the Assad government can be fulfilled.

If we look at the Russian Federation since its conception back in 1991, I cannot recall where Russia has invaded any country, which is certainly in stark contrast to the US and even in the past few years we have seen various US military units trying to provoke a military situation with Russia in Eastern Europe where US troops are parading up and down the border with Russia. At this point of time I would say that it is not a particularly good time for Christians to be serving in the US military.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟22,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, just as they were mistaken with the phony Weapons of Mass Destruction; instead of referring to them as intelligence services maybe we should refer to them as unintelligence or Bureau's of Mis-Informationm or incompetence.

no, our intelligence services were NOT mistaken about that...the bush team started a new team to interpret and overstate the evidence that way. this is well documented.

link link link link

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟56,259.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
For those of us who have lived through part of the old Soviet era, the developments of the EU and with the often disastrous US foreign policies, for many Christians, we now find ourselves in a strange position in that the Russian Federation has turned from being the evil-empire to where we can now deem them to be the good guys on the International scene, whereas the US either intentionally or through incompetence continues to be the catalyst for international instability and it’s erratic policies have seen it supporting Islam-terrorism by financing and training various Islamic terrorist organisations.

We can be thankful that the Russians were able to improve the situation in Syria, where they attacked numerous Islamo-terrorist groups that the US and Turkey appeared to be equipping, or at least where they were turning a blind eye to their actions just so that US foreign policy that is hell bent on overthrowing the Assad government can be fulfilled.

If we look at the Russian Federation since its conception back in 1991, I cannot recall where Russia has invaded any country, which is certainly in stark contrast to the US and even in the past few years we have seen various US military units trying to provoke a military situation with Russia in Eastern Europe where US troops are parading up and down the border with Russia. At this point of time I would say that it is not a particularly good time for Christians to be serving in the US military.
Did you forget about the 2008 Russian incursion into Georgia? Russia's annexation of Crimea?
Nobody is saying the US are the good guys. We've turned the Mideast into a mess. In many respects, we're making things WORSE than Russia. The recent 30 or so missiles we launched on Syria is just an example. The idea that Assad would use or even have a need to use chemical weapons and risk losing Russia's support is in of itself ludicrous. Nevertheless, I don't believe for a moment that Russia's intentions are any more nobler than the US's escapades.

Upvote 0