Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
george78 said:
Actually it does.

Democrat Senator = "Turns himself in"
Limbaugh = "Arrested"

Both occured in the same state, so it's not like they can say it was a jurisdictional wording thing or anything like that.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Umm no, the thread is about Rush Limbaugh's troubles not bias in the media or the Democratic Senator, so I would have to disagree with you there.

Upvote 0

imdoug

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,835.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
imind said:
your providing one example of a difference in wording is by no means evidence of bias.

The difference is in connotation. "Turning himself in" infers that it was done out of his free will, benefficiently. "Arrested" infers that it was forced.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:
Here is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of Bias being demonstrated.

http://www.wesh.com/news/8594957/detail.html

Notice how when it's a Democrat, it's "Turn's himself in" rather than "Arrested".

SAME STATE, (FL) Similar circumstances, Different Parties, Different Headlines.

There is no dishonesty. Accusing one of such without it existing is dishonest.

Their absolutely was bias. That went way beyond "a simple reporting of facts" I showed how a true NPOV headline would read.
From the article:

After an eight-month investigation, an arrest warrant was issued Monday

Siplin turned himself in in Polk County on Monday afternoon, officials said. He was fingerprinted, booked and given all of his paperwork

They were both turned themselves in and were both arrested. Anyone should be able to see that.

Perhaps you should put up the word synonym.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht

How about using the actual title of the story? What a crock. Remind me to THOROUGHLY research ANYTHING posted by you in the future.

In all fairness to thebear, the media flipped the script after being *pwned* by Rush Limbaugh, and posters like me.

Earlier the link actually did read:

RUSH LIMBAUGH ARRESTED ON PRESCRIPTION DRUG CHARGES.

At some point after I posted my example of bias, the headline suddenly changed to:

Deal reached in Rush Limbaugh's prescription drug case

:D :D THE MEDIA JUST GOT PWNED!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I am seriously beginning to think you suffer from illusions of granduer. The media could care less about some obscure post on this forum.

He turned himself in. He was arrested. Now a deal is being reached.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht

I am seriously beginning to think you suffer from illusions of granduer. The media could care less about some obscure post on this forum.

He turned himself in. He was arrested. Now a deal is being reached.

To be fair, my post probably had nothing to do with it. Rush Limbaugh's media releases pwning the media probably did however.

Can you explain to me why the story went from:

Rush Limbaugh Arrested on Prescription Drug Charges

Brian Skoloff
Associated Press
Friday, April 28, 2006; 6:39 PM

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Rush Limbaugh was arrested Friday on prescription drug charges, with his attorney saying he has reached a deal with prosecutors that will eventually see the charges dismissed if he continues treatment for drug addiction.

TO:

Deal reached in Rush Limbaugh's prescription drug case

(4/28/06 - WEST PALM BEACH, FL) - Rush Limbaugh and prosecutors in the long-running prescription fraud case against him have reached a deal calling for the only charge against the conservative commentator to be dropped without a guilty plea if he continues treatment, his attorney said Friday.

THE FACTS WERE EXACTLY THE SAME WHEN THE FIRST STORY WAS WRITTEN. THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGED WAS THE STORY ITSELF.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:
In all fairness to thebear, the media flipped the script after being *pwned* by Rush Limbaugh, and posters like me.

Earlier the link actually did read:

RUSH LIMBAUGH ARRESTED ON PRESCRIPTION DRUG CHARGES.

At some point after I posted my example of bias, the headline suddenly changed to:

[/size][/color][/font] Deal reached in Rush Limbaugh's prescription drug case

pwned?

Semantics. An arrangement was made that has the same characteristics of an arrest meaning; charges, booking, bail, and probation. Charateristics that those arrested on charges are processed through.

Mr Limbaugh, pending arrangments based on his probation, now has a criminal record and has been for awhile now wearing a name tag and saying, "Hi, my name is Rush Limbaugh, and I'm a drug addict."

I hope he gets well, and hope he learns a little humility and compassion for those he blames so many woes in American on.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht

Yep, for Bias.

Semantics. An arrangement was made that has the same characteristics of an arrest meaning; charges, booking, bail, and probation. Charateristics that those arrested on charges are processed through.

Charges that will be dismissed.

Mr Limbaugh, pending arrangments based on his probation, now has a criminal record and has been for awhile now wearing a name tag and saying, "Hi, my name is Rush Limbaugh, and I'm a drug addict."

Criminal Record = Conviction. There is no Conviction here, nor will their be, the charge is going to be dismissed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
MichaelFJF said:
How about using the actual title of the story? What a crock. Remind me to THOROUGHLY research ANYTHING posted by you in the future.
As what happens regularly with developing stories, the linked newspage source updates pages and story titles. This was one of those cases.

Ooops! :eek:

And quite franlkly, I really don't care if you want to triple-check every last punctuation mark of mine. Knock yourself out. :wave:

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
george78 said:
Yep, for Bias.

Criminal Record = Conviction. There is no Conviction here, nor will their be, the charge is going to be dismissed.
The man was arrested, he posted 3,000 bail and was released. It is as simple as that.

Upvote 0

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:
Yep, for Bias.

"As a primary condition for the dismissal, Limbaugh must continue to seek drug therapy treatment from the doctor who has been treating him for the past 2 1/2 years, Black said in a written statement."

And there you go, a dismissal with conditions, not an out and out dismissal. He will have no criminal record PENDING the outcome of what is essentially his probation requirements to continue drug consuling.

This is normal for those who go the criminal process.

Upvote 0

TeddyKGB

A dude playin' a dude disgused as another dude
Jul 18, 2005
Deep underground
✟8,993.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In other news, charges of media bias have surfaced against The Hazzard Times for their repeated claims that Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane referred to arrested individuals as having been "cuffed and stuffed."

When asked to comment, Coltrane replied, "Them Duke boys are spreadin' lies again" before being physically assaulted by Mayor J.D. Hogg.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Thanks you JustOneWay for the quote:
"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. ... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up,"

-- Limbaugh said on his short-lived television show on Oct. 5, 1995.
LINK

Some people can talk the talk, but they can't walk the walk.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
fraulinekitty said:
Lets gather them all up and sell them up the river, aye?

There'd be no one left on Capitol Hill.

Oh my goodness! A thought just came to me............Rush is human. ***shhhh**** don't tell anyone
No one doubts he's a human, but it's funny that people want to muster up all this sympathy for a drug user that has spent the better part of his time demagoguing against drug users. Nothing in life is worse than a hypocrite, I consider them to be the lowliest of the lowliest.

Upvote 0