United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Settlement Agreement Ends State Investigation of Rush Limbaugh April 28, 2006

Palm Beach, FL – April 28, 2006 – In response to media and other inquiries, Roy Black, Rush Limbaugh's attorney, released the following statement today concerning a settlement agreement with the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office to end the investigation of Mr. Limbaugh:

"I am pleased to announce that the State Attorney's Office and Mr. Limbaugh have reached an agreement whereby a single count charge of doctor shopping filed today by the State Attorney will be dismissed in 18 months. As a primary condition of the dismissal, Mr. Limbaugh must continue to seek treatment from the doctor he has seen for the past two and one half years. This is the same doctor under whose care Mr. Limbaugh has remained free of his addiction without relapse."

- reast at http://tinyurl.com/rf7zf

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If this alleged fraud stems from addiction, Mr. Limbaugh has my sympathy. That stuff will take over your reason and your life. I hope he can stay clean, and I hope he uses his communicative gifts to help others.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
More Bias from the AP

ar·rest ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (
schwa.gif
-r
ebreve.gif
st
prime.gif
)
v. ar·rest·ed, ar·rest·ing, ar·rests
v. tr.
  1. To stop; check: a brake that automatically arrests motion; arrested the growth of the tumor.
  2. To seize and hold under the authority of law.
  3. To capture and hold briefly (the attention, for example); engage.
-----------------

A NPOV Headline/Article would have read: "Limbaugh reaches Settlement with DA" or "Limbaugh turns himself in, after accepting Settlement."

Limbaugh wasn't "arrested" in the sense that most people think of arrest. (Hunted down and put in cuffs) he turned himself in on a pre-arraigned settlement. The AP just hates him so bad, the wrote the story to smear him as best they could.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Limbaugh wasn't "arrested" in the sense that most people think of arrest.
to be arrested is to be arrested. one is always arrested before any proceedings with the judicial branch begin.

it seems that some people will go to any lengths to cover for those who have blatanly violated their own ethical standards.

there was absolutely no bias. just a simple reporting of the facts. though i'm sure someone will come up with some euphamism for his arrest.

given his track record of speaking against those addicted as the lowest common denominator, i find it appalling that his ditto-heads, who have mindlessly regurditated his every word, are going to let him off so easily, as i have been reading online.

1. To stop; check: a brake that automatically arrests motion; arrested the growth of the tumor.
it does appear that 2 of the 3 conditions for 'arrest' necessarily followed in this instance. i would say that he was definately arrested in sense that most people think of it.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
to be arrested is to be arrested. one is always arrested before any proceedings with the judicial branch begin.

Here is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of Bias being demonstrated.

http://www.wesh.com/news/8594957/detail.html

Notice how when it's a Democrat, it's "Turn's himself in" rather than "Arrested".

SAME STATE, (FL) Similar circumstances, Different Parties, Different Headlines.

it seems that some people will go to any lengths, inlcuding dishonesty, to cover for those who have blatanly violated their own ethical standards.

There is no dishonesty. Accusing one of such without it existing is dishonest.

there was absolutely no bias. just a simple reporting of the facts. though i'm sure someone will come up with some euphamism for his arrest.

Their absolutely was bias. That went way beyond "a simple reporting of facts" I showed how a true NPOV headline would read.

given his track record of speaking against those addicted as the lowest common denominator, i find it appalling that his ditto-heads, who have mindlessly regurditated his every word, are going to let him off so easily.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
george78 said:
Here is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of Bias being demonstrated.

http://www.wesh.com/news/8594957/detail.html

Notice how when it's a Democrat, it's "Turn's himself in" rather than "Arrested".

SAME STATE, (FL) Similar circumstances, Different Parties, Different Headlines.

There is no dishonesty. Accusing one of such without it existing is dishonest.

Their absolutely was bias. That went way beyond "a simple reporting of facts" I showed how a true NPOV headline would read.

That is all very interesting about bias and all, but it doesn't have jack to do with the thread. ;)

Reactions: xMinionX
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
your providing one example of a difference in wording is by no means evidence of bias.

Yes it does.
Democrat = "Turn's Himself In"
Limbaugh = "Arrested".

the simple fact is, rush limbaugh was arrested on drug charges. plain and simple.

Simple fact, THE CHARGES ARE GOING TO BE DISMISSED. Plain and Simple. There will be no conviction. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. In our system, Limbaugh is considered NOT GUILTY. :)

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht

That is all very interesting about bias and all, but it doesn't have jack to do with the thread. ;)

Actually it does.

Democrat Senator = "Turns himself in"
Limbaugh = "Arrested"

Both occured in the same state, so it's not like they can say it was a jurisdictional wording thing or anything like that.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
He was charged with a crime,

Which will be dismissed. (No Conviction, Not Guilty in our system.)

turned himself in,

Which is what the headline should have read.

bail was placed for a release, and conditions were placed upon that release.

Actually, there is a Settlement agreement between the DA and Limbaugh, the Charge will be dismissed.

One can quibble about whether he was arrested, but it shares the same process of someone who was indeed arrested.

An arrest doesn't mean guilt. Remember that. Limbaugh is innocent until proven guilty in our system, and since their will never be a conviction, he is considered INNOCENT. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Drug addiction is tragic in any case, but worse for some than others. In Limbaugh's case, it seems he became addicted to a prescription that was given to him by a doctor. Naturally he should have sought treatment when things started to get out of hand, but there is less of a moral failing there than someone who begins taking drugs for recreational purposes.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but there is less of a moral failing there than someone who begins taking drugs for recreational purposes.
he has not felt the need to ever make the distinction.

he's a drug addict, the moral failings are the same regardless of the circumstances.

and i hope you remembers to thank the ACLU for helping in his struggles. their efforts undoubtedly helped.

Upvote 0

momalle1

Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
george78 said:
More Bias from the AP

ar·rest ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (
schwa.gif
-r
ebreve.gif
st
prime.gif
)
v. ar·rest·ed, ar·rest·ing, ar·rests
v. tr.
-----------------

A NPOV Headline/Article would have read: "Limbaugh reaches Settlement with DA" or "Limbaugh turns himself in, after accepting Settlement."

Limbaugh wasn't "arrested" in the sense that most people think of arrest. (Hunted down and put in cuffs) he turned himself in on a pre-arraigned settlement. The AP just hates him so bad, the wrote the story to smear him as best they could.

While I agree with you, it's a bit hard to swallow your criticism after some of the biased threads you've started George.

Upvote 0