Rush Keeps on Downplaying COVID-19 Concerns, Questioning "Deep State" "Health Experts"

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Rush Limbaugh: Health experts are part of the "Deep State" and shouldn't be trusted

Rush's site is down for me atm, so here's a google cache link to more of the transcript:
https://webcache.googleusercontent....27/rush-calls-in-2/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

And then on the other side of it is, through all of this, I’ve never had any doubt we’re gonna come out of it. I’ve never had any doubt we’re gonna come out of it stronger and we’re gonna come out of it healthy. And I think it’s imperative that we have somebody like Donald Trump, who is outside the establishment expert class, who has a history of solving problems, to actually lead the country through this.

You know, we’ve talked about the deep state all these years since Trump was elected, the Trump-Russia collusion, the FBI — the deep state extends very deeply. And the American people did not elect a bunch of health experts that we don’t know. We didn’t elect a president to defer to a bunch of health experts that we don’t know. And how do we know they’re even health experts?

Well, they wear white lab coats and they’ve been on the job for a while and they’re at the CDC and they’re at the NIH. Well, yeah, they’ve been there and they are there, but has there been any job assessment for them? They’re just assumed to be the best because they’re in government, but these are all kinds of things that I’ve been questioning.

Look, very quickly, there’s a U.K. epidemiologist who got all of this started by predicting 500,000 deaths in the U.K. from coronavirus.

He just had to correct himself ’cause his models were wrong. Just like the climate change models are wrong, this guy admits that his models are wrong, and now we may not have more than 20,000 deaths in the U.K. The same thing is gonna be the case in the United States. I’m out of time, folks. It’s been great being with you. I appreciate the opportunity so much to be able to square things.

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So how is this not illegal? Surely it goes beyond freedom of speech when it very clearly places lives at risk.

Hate preachers are the same. They may not be the ones pulling the trigger, but if they're inspiring such acts then they're accessory and responsible.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So how is this not illegal? Surely it goes beyond freedom of speech when it very clearly places lives at risk.

Hate preachers are the same. They may not be the ones pulling the trigger, but if they're inspiring such acts then they're accessory and responsible.

Giving an opinion should never be illegal. Especially an opinion about politics and government. Opinions do not put anyone's life at risk.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Giving an opinion should never be illegal. Especially an opinion about politics and government. Opinions do not put anyone's life at risk.

So you don't believe, say, a Muslim preacher standing in front of a group of people claiming all non-Muslims deserve to die is fine?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So you don't believe, say, a Muslim preacher standing in front of a group of people claiming all non-Muslims deserve to die is fine?
Yes.

I would find it horrifically odious but it would be fine in the state should take no action against them for just barking out that idea sense of the word.

• Agree
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

No I do believe it is perfectly fine to say, though I do not agree with it. If the person were to say " pick up stones and stone that non Muslim over there" I would have a different take on it. The sentence you gave was one of a person giving an opinion of the worth of others. The person in question did not tell or encourage anyone to do anything illegal, unethical or immoral. The sentence I came up with would be an example of inciting violence. The person directed others to perform violent actions against another person. One should be held responsible for inciting violence but not for giving an opinion. Had no one followed that direction though the person would not have anything to be responsible for and where no harm is done no punishment is necessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Urban legends do however, as the deaths of Iranians from drinking methanol has shown.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Urban legends do however, as the deaths of Iranians from drinking methanol has shown.

I would blame that on ignorance rather than the urban legend. People that think clearly and critically and do not believe whatever they are told tend not to die from the existence of urban legends.

• Winner
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Rush has a point. Experienced, degreed experts from all over the world have come to my city for decades doing studies and offering suggestions about how to clean up our lakes. The result? The lakes are in worse shape than ever. Why? Because they only pretend to be about cleaning up the lakes but they really don't want the flow of money they receive to 'study' the lakes to stop. Why kill the goose...

Worse yet are NGO's that form as advocates for the lakes. However few ever go near the lakes as their focus is on improving the conditions of the watersheds, using the lakes as a barometer of their success. The result? The lakes are as dirty as ever as their effort cannot possibly reduce enough pollution runoff the make the slightest difference. If they graded their effort based on their progress they would have to give themselves a resounding F minus. They don't understand lake biology, but their very public efforts attract all the attention (suck all the oxygen, and money, out of the room). It's a Keystone Kops scenario. If you don't laugh you have to cry.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would blame that on ignorance rather than the urban legend. People that think clearly and critically and do not believe whatever they are told tend not to die from the existence of urban legends.

People in a panic often don't think rationally.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
th

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant