Run. Don't walk. And most certainly don't look back.

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I made this post in the Support section, but I'll post it here as well.

me said:
As a Christian ... am I responsible for the fate of those I interact with? If I pass something by which is detrimental to my fellow man, without making an effort to correct the injustice ... am I responsible? Likewise, if I make an incorrect stand, which proves detrimental to my fellow man ... am I responsible?

As I live my life, I must make these decisions almost on a daily basis. And that is tough enough.

Add this "virtual world" with real people, and there is simply too much to process. When you add in the additional spiritual factor (and eternity), such as what we deal with on this MB ... my gut twists , and my mind tells me (actually, at this point it's screaming) that I'm in too deep.

I'm getting out.

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I've actually discussed with a close friend about these very issues. I've been of the mind that the internet can serve as a very detrimental tool to our faith. Places which especially dissect religion, theology, faith ... essentially anonymously ... can be dangerous traps. I've had my faith shaken, stirred and all but torn apart many a time during my stay on the internet. Nowadays, I think I'm stuck in more of an apathetic mood.

I've got too much to live for. I think we all have too much to live for. Eternity!

If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out!

Or, to put a new spin on it ... keep the eye from seeing that which offends and tempts!

I don't expect a mass exodus to result from this post. I'm just saying good-bye to the people who I've grown fond of in the past few months. I wish you all the best of luck, but I urge you to be cautious ... and to supplement the friendships you've developed here, with friendships in real life situations.

Be active in your church/parish.

Avoid past temptations, both on the internet and in real life.

And most importantly, walk always with God.

God bless you and yours,
Tom (nyj)

Time2BCounted

Holding Christian Standard High At ForU.ms
Aug 5, 2007
✟5,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My friend,
Have you considered the possibility that since you see this, you may now be responsible to stay to help guard those who do not see?

Reconsider, i dont know God's will for your life, but i do know you would likely serve others who dont see, better by staying.

Upvote 0
J

JoeWill

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I've actually discussed with a close friend about these very issues. I've been of the mind that the internet can serve as a very detrimental tool to our faith. Places which especially dissect religion, theology, faith ... essentially anonymously ... can be dangerous traps. I've had my faith shaken, stirred and all but torn apart many a time during my stay on the internet. Nowadays, I think I'm stuck in more of an apathetic mood.

I've got too much to live for. I think we all have too much to live for. Eternity!

Or, to put a new spin on it ... keep the eye from seeing that which offends and tempts!

I don't expect a mass exodus to result from this post. I'm just saying good-bye to the people who I've grown fond of in the past few months. I wish you all the best of luck, but I urge you to be cautious ... and to supplement the friendships you've developed here, with friendships in real life situations.

God bless you and yours,
Tom (nyj)
I agree with you a fair bit.

I think it is possible to get drawn into spending vast amounts of time in cyberspace, when that time could be spent more profitably by being active in one's parish.

Also, that fellowship on the net is no substitute for face-to-face fellowship. Jesus said that whenever two or three Christians are gathered in his name, he would be there with them. I get a much stronger sense of that when Christians really are gathered together, say, in a room. I have never feel it strongly when we are 'gathered' on this forum.

On one or two occasions I felt that God has given me a task to do on the net, and living alone, there are times when I appreciate the communication here (as I write my dissertation in another window).

Still, there is a lot in what you say.

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God bless you and yours,
Tom (nyj)
Changed mind. Will email :(

:hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God bless you and yours,
Tom (nyj)

God love you, nyj. :hug:

I have learned a lot from you. Your leadership, and your guidance, will not be soon forgotten.
:(

I will keep you in my heart, always. :crossrc:

Thank you for having the courage to do God's will. I pray I may soon be able to follow your lead.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By nyj. You don't know it, I'm sure, but you have always been one of my favorite people, since my very first encounter with you. Your avatar of your dog made me feel like this might be a place where there were others like me. Sounds silly, now, I'm sure, but true nonetheless.

Good luck, and I wish you a most happy and blessed marriage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I think he is gone. :(

His mod statis is gone.

God bless you, and go with you Tom.:crossrc:

We travel a dark night.:(

Remember what David said Auntie?

Yea though I make my bed in hell.....

THOU ART THERE!

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think he is gone. :(

His mod statis is gone.

God bless you, and go with you Tom.:crossrc:

We travel a dark night.:(

Tom resigned... a sad day for this place. He and frumanchu were awesome in theology as Admins. He has my great respect.

I think I will take a break from posting while I reassess my involvement here. I'll check and respond to PMs.

I appreciate the good folks of this forum.

Steve

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I am saddened by this and he is not the only good one we have lost. It only reaffirms what I believe everyone here will eventually have to face. Will I stay and by staying support this board or will I leave to a more Christian board? This is not because of the people I am around but rather the policies, ever shifting, ever changiing, that are moving us further and further away from what we should be as a board. I have felt this for awhile and joined where auntie is but am still here fighting, just dont know for how much longer as this gets sadder every day.

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But look who's now a SuperA. If we all leave, what will become of the people who are lost or the people who are searching? This is a prinicpality that we have to come against and we can't do that from somewhere else.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
But look who's now a SuperA. If we all leave, what will become of the people who are lost or the people who are searching? This is a prinicpality that we have to come against and we can't do that from somewhere else.
Actually we can this is not the only board on the net, there reaches a point where to fight and stay will only encourage the policies to continue to move further away and gives this place an air of Christian. Not quite to that point but am fast approaching it and have even left for a little. Call it what you want, say it isnt so, but the forces of darkness are pushing for more and more and they are getting it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreenMunchkin

Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually we can this is not the only board on the net, there reaches a point where to fight and stay will only encourage the policies to continue to move further away and gives this place an air of Christian. Not quite to that point but am fast approaching it and have even left for a little. Call it what you want, say it isnt so, but the forces of darkness are pushing for more and more and they are getting it.
I agree with that whole-heartedly :( It feels a little like we're in a rowing boat, trying to bail water, while more keeps coming in.

The only thing that worries me is the more people leave, the fewer there are to stand up for what's right, and the fewer people there are to hold the place accountable.

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Tom resigned... a sad day for this place. He and frumanchu were awesome in theology as Admins. He has my great respect.
He was. I firmly believe that his and fru's leadership was what made the Theology forums what they are.

Sorry to see you go Tom, although I understand exactly where you are coming from.

Upvote 0
C

ContentInHim

I am saddened by this and he is not the only good one we have lost. It only reaffirms what I believe everyone here will eventually have to face. Will I stay and by staying support this board or will I leave to a more Christian board? This is not because of the people I am around but rather the policies, ever shifting, ever changiing, that are moving us further and further away from what we should be as a board. I have felt this for awhile and joined where auntie is but am still here fighting, just dont know for how much longer as this gets sadder every day.
Bill, if you leave, I would like to know where you go. THX!

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think I will take a break from posting while I reassess my involvement here. I'll check and respond to PMs.

I appreciate the good folks of this forum.

Steve

On second thought, truth is worth contending for in any location. I will continue to post as I think appropriate.

Truth does not take Sabbaticals.

dretevj

Upvote 0