Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm obviously on Shapiro's side here, and he makes some pretty solid points in the abolitionist corner:

Judge for yourself who's right.

Video summary:

Rubin is a libertarian who doesn't like abortion, but doesn't want the government overreach of banning abortion at 20 weeks. Shapiro is a Jewish conservative and believes that life begins at conception. They duke it out in a respectful manner.

Last edited:

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't know who is who, but I agree with the guy on the right in the green chair..
For a little context, Dave Rubin is in a homosexual marriage. He was a solid Leftist just a while back, but two or three years ago he came out with a powerful video, "Why I Left the Left", which was influential and is well worth watching; one of the original #walkaways. So I think he's still a work in progress. Clearly his ideas here are not well-formed, as of yet. Shapiro as the guest sounds more like the host. He talks faster than I can listen.

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For a little context, Dave Rubin is in a homosexual marriage. He was a solid Leftist just a while back, but two or three years ago he came out with a powerful video, "Why I Left the Left", which was influential and is well worth watching; one of the original #walkaways. So I think he's still a work in progress. Clearly his ideas here are not well-formed, as of yet. Shapiro as the guest sounds more like the host. He talks faster than I can listen.

If he's one of the most outspoken walkaways then it's possible I have him on my Facebook page but just dont watch his news feed so don't recall his name.

And that's true about the possibility of his ideas not being clearly formed yet, and anyone I think emotionally prefers not to go overboard into too much of what seems to many to be judgmentalism...

I'll visit his page and and see if I already have him friended... if I do then perhaps I'll pay more attention and make a point or two from time to time..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If he's one of the most outspoken walkaways
He walked away before Brandon Stroka started the actual @walkaway movement. Anyway, here's his video.

Died in childbirth? Wow. Glad you're here. :)

• Informative
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He walked away before Brandon Stroka started the actual @walkaway movement. Anyway, here's his video.

Died in childbirth? Wow. Glad you're here. :)

Ahh cool... I like him, he's spot on.

As far as me dying, yeah, that's the miracles of modern medicine - and that was almost 30 years ago (wow I'm getting old.. lol) .. just imagine what they can do today!

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Election season debates really bother me.. a lot. Mainly because they never change.
I see many of the constant political arguments here as tearing down the unity and purpose of the Body. I do get involved, but I try to keep it to a minimum, and only when I discern some good might be done. Otherwise, I've walked away from many a challenge because I saw no good would come of it. My peace is too valuable.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see many of the constant political arguments here as tearing down the unity and purpose of the Body. I do get involved, but I try to keep it to a minimum, and only when I discern some good might be done. Otherwise, I've walked away from many a challenge because I saw no good would come of it. My peace is too valuable.

I'm here on forum because I assumed (wrongly) that what affected the world wouldn't be here too, since we all have a mutual faith in God and thus a mutual striving to a greater relationship with Christ.

I like some of it because I do learn more here because of the differences, but I have a growing ignore list too.. lol. In some instances it's just better that way..

I sometimes think it's time to go, but then I learn something great, and think nah..

I do think something like abortion is and should be important to all of us... both as people of faith as well as a nation, because what comes out of the loss of respect for human life is an atrocity... always.

Nothing good comes from it, and it worries me that we are actually here as a nation because what comes after will be, history teaches us, horrific at best.

• Agree
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
After you summarize the video per forum guidelines.
Otherwise you can wait for my video reply next month.

The O.P. did. It's a discussion between Rubin and Shapiro on whether abortion is murder.

The video begins:

RUBIN:
"You are pro-life, I am pro-choice. So I would describe myself as pro-choice but right now I'm begrudgingly pro-choice, I think that...

Shapiro:
To which point?

Rubin:
I believe... first I believe on the most libertarian side that government shouldn't tell a women or a man what they want to do with their bodies. Now I understand that if you believe there's a life there that a government is supposed to protect life so I'm going to concede you something but at the same time why I'm not pro-life.

And the pro-life versus pro-choice discussion ensues from there.

Upvote 0