Roy Moore's open letter denying allegations

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A lot of Republicans have accused Mitch McConnell of dirty tricks. Few have called for him to step down.
I'm referring to your apparent readiness to believe that McConnell is trying to steal the election. Your call for him to resign is just the indicator I used.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...well, there's a stark difference between what an average citizen can do, and what a judge can do when acting in their official capacity.

I see.

The first 3 pertain to when he sent an administrative order to other judges to defy the SCOTUS ruling from 2015 pertaining to marriage.

Somehow it doesn't sound so terribly bad.

That's all I asked for were the basics, so thanks for that.

Maybe someone in the know, can comment more in detail.

• Useful
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It is getting even BETTER:

EXCLUSIVE – Stepson of Roy Moore Accuser: Accusations ‘One Hundred Percent a Lie’

I'm tellin' ya, this needs to be made into a movie.

I'm not sure why the step-son thinks he should have been told. There is a huge difference between a husband and a son, much less a step son. And I didn't want to hear about my parents having sex, there is no way I'd have wanted to hear a story of my mother being sexually abused.

I also have to say this son seems to have an agenda. He says he was asked by his father to remove the video of him saying his step-mother was not abused (presumably because the father was told before the marriage) and the son not only doesn't take it down, but starts posting several more.

I'm not saying that Mrs. Nelson's telling the truth; just that I don't see the step-son's story as evidence that she isn't telling the truth. I think in her case, it will be an examination of the yearbook that will determine the truth of her story.

• Winner
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure why the step-son thinks he should have been told. There is a huge difference between a husband and a son, much less a step son. And I didn't want to hear about my parents having sex, there is no way I'd have wanted to hear a story of my mother being sexually abused.

I also have to say this son seems to have an agenda. He says he was asked by his father to remove the video of him saying his step-mother was not abused (presumably because the father was told before the marriage) and the son not only doesn't take it down, but starts posting several more.

I'm not saying that Mrs. Nelson's telling the truth; just that I don't see the step-son's story as evidence that she isn't telling the truth. I think in her case, it will be an examination of the yearbook that will determine the truth of her story.
I would expect Gloria Allred did some due diligence before going forward. That’s just SOP. Likely had Ms. Nelson take a polygraph. Not that that is foolproof but she has far more to lose than gain if this is an attempt at a con by Ms. Nelson.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I would expect Gloria Allred did some due diligence before going forward. That’s just SOP. Likely had Ms. Nelson take a polygraph. Not that that is foolproof but she has far more to lose than gain if this is an attempt at a con by Ms. Nelson.

I doubt she would have had Mrs. Nelson do a polygraph. She likely thought the story sounded credible, when Mrs. Nelson told her and accepted the yearbook as evidence -- though she might have had someone quickly check out that the restaurant existed at the time, as well as other parts of the story that could be fact checked. In the cases of all these women, at least so far, it seems like they have little to gain if they aren't telling the truth.

One thing that does worry me, it is said that Roy Moore is starting the brief to bring a lawsuit. The issue with that is, unless the case is fast tracked, it is unlikely that any work on the case would start before the election (no even any depositions); at which point Roy Moore is likely to drop the suit. Trying to win a case against a newspaper is very difficult, you basically have to prove the paper manufactured the story, particularly when you are a "public figure." With the women it is a different story, though attacking women that appear to be victims is a tricky scenario -- particularly with the other stories coming out about him (such as being banned from the mall). So my guess is that he will file the suit, proclaiming he wants to prove they are out to get him, and then he'll quietly drop the case after the election is over.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I doubt she would have had Mrs. Nelson do a polygraph. She likely thought the story sounded credible, when Mrs. Nelson told her and accepted the yearbook as evidence -- though she might have had someone quickly check out that the restaurant existed at the time, as well as other parts of the story that could be fact checked. In the cases of all these women, at least so far, it seems like they have little to gain if they aren't telling the truth.

One thing that does worry me, it is said that Roy Moore is starting the brief to bring a lawsuit. The issue with that is, unless the case is fast tracked, it is unlikely that any work on the case would start before the election (no even any depositions); at which point Roy Moore is likely to drop the suit. Trying to win a case against a newspaper is very difficult, you basically have to prove the paper manufactured the story, particularly when you are a "public figure." With the women it is a different story, though attacking women that appear to be victims is a tricky scenario -- particularly with the other stories coming out about him (such as being banned from the mall). So my guess is that he will file the suit, proclaiming he wants to prove they are out to get him, and then he'll quietly drop the case after the election is over.
The polygraph is something I’ve known attorneys to do before taking a sex offense case. Again, it’s an investigative tool along with the other things you noted. There is nothing going to happen on Moore’s end other than the media efforts and digging for dirt on the accusers.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm with you. As one poster said, what is happening is that it is getting weirder.

I have to confess that as this stuff ramps up regarding all of them, I'm becoming numb to the whole thing. What I mean is that unless there is some actual evidence (beyond "he said, she said") that an actual crime was committed and it has not passed the statute of limitations date, I don't want to hear about it and I don't care. And that goes for republicans, democrats, movie producers, plumbers, DJ's and waiters. Talk to the hand.

This is getting just stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your opinion is noted. However as I have stated multiple times, politics is in the court of public opinion and the Alabama election is a month away. Therefore silence is optional.

My opinion is that the evidence out there makes him likely to be a lying lowlife.

He hasn’t sued anybody nor has he been sued. If anything comes of that, then we’ll see how it plays out.
Really... whatever evidence you have found from a MEDIA that is leftist and against him... is enough for you to determine that he is a lying lowlife? Wow...

Mr. Baptist.... (I don't know your name and am not going to call you cow) you should know better than that. Especially when his chief accuser is only crying NOW, during an election season, 36 years later... and who is almost certainly now a liar herself because of the signature in the yearbook and her own divorce case where nothing was ever said... until now... during an election year in an age of politics of personal destruction. You should know better and to pass judgement as you have? Wow....

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Really... whatever evidence you have found from a MEDIA that is leftist and against him... is enough for you to determine that he is a lying lowlife? Wow...

The "media" is a red herring, it is not "leftist" but is a wide range of viewpoints, everything from MSNBC to Fox News and the Wall Street Journal. And that isn't counting things like Breitbart or similar. And it is interesting, even Hannity has dropped his support for Moore, though he leaves it to the people of Alabama to decide. Hannity was about the last to support Moore at Fox News, and the Wall Street Journal has dropped support as well -- this isn't just the "leftist media."

Mr. Baptist.... (I don't know your name and am not going to call you cow) you should know better than that. Especially when his chief accuser is only crying NOW, during an election season, 36 years later... and who is almost certainly now a liar herself because of the signature in the yearbook and her own divorce case where nothing was ever said... until now... during an election year in an age of politics of personal destruction. You should know better and to pass judgement as you have? Wow....

There are now something like 9 different accusers of Moore. The timing is because this was the first time the national press investigated Moore. There have been rumors of Moore and teenage girls, per reports, for decades in Gadsden, just that the Alabama press either didn't have the resources and/or didn't care enough to ever investigate -- there is an Alabama reporter on record stating that has been asked a few times to investigate this story, just that he never had the resources (time and money) to be able to do it.

It is not unusual for these stories to come out years later, look at Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein -- being abused is very traumatic for women, they tend to blame themselves (even when no fault of their own) and, as we see from those who have accused Moore, they get called a number of names by various people, have personal information published online, with the abuser (or his allies) frequently digging up dirt to try and discredit the victim. After already being abused, why would a woman want to open herself up to more abuse. This is also why it often happens during races, like this, particularly when (like the Washington Post discovered) there are multiple victims and they can all speak out at once.

I don't know the credibility of any Moore accuser. However, lots of corroborating information has been given; particularly the stories of how Moore was banned from the mall and the YMCA, because he was trying to pick up teenage girls. We have someone he worked with saying it was known in the office that he dated teenage girls and they thought it was weird. And then you have Moore, who at first kind of waffled, saying it would have been "out of character" for him to date teenagers but that he always had the mother's permission. Now Moore has changed his tune, that he never dated teenage girls. And for me, a man who at 30-something who was dating high schoolers is enough, for me, that he shouldn't be in office.

As for the divorce, it is extremely likely Ms. Nelson never appeared in his courtroom -- that she didn't even know he presided. Chances are, the divorce was agreed on ahead of time and, if anyone appeared before Moore it was just the lawyers -- though likely not even they did. Instead, Moore merely signed off on the divorce that had already been negotiated.

I do find it interesting, with the yearbook, that in the "evidence" to prove the signature wasn't his they used Moore's current signature and his signature from the late 90s -- and talked how different it was. Which stands to reason, my signature has changed over the decades since I was in my 30s (and I think most people's do as they get older). Interesting that they didn't offer a signature from the 70s, which for someone like Moore should be available with all the legal paperwork he signed as a DA.

It is also interesting to me, that the first late 90s signature Moore released they pointed out "how different" the signatures were yet, just a day or two later, they showed the signature from the divorce decree (again from the late 90s) and how similar it was (as if it was copied from the decree) to the signature in the yearbook. They can't even get that story straight, of if it appears to be his signature or not.

But beyond that, Moore appears to be lying, at this point -- at least about dating teenaged girls -- between the evidence that has come out from multiple sources. Additionally he keeps changing his story as he's become more desperate to defend himself (not to mention he is denying it through written statements, not in person). At this point, Moore's accusers appear to have more credibility, based on the evidence that has come out, than Moore does.

• Winner
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "media" is a red herring, it is not "leftist" but is a wide range of viewpoints, everything from MSNBC to Fox News and the Wall Street Journal. And that isn't counting things like Breitbart or similar. And it is interesting, even Hannity has dropped his support for Moore, though he leaves it to the people of Alabama to decide. Hannity was about the last to support Moore at Fox News, and the Wall Street Journal has dropped support as well -- this isn't just the "leftist media."

There are now something like 9 different accusers of Moore. The timing is because this was the first time the national press investigated Moore. There have been rumors of Moore and teenage girls, per reports, for decades in Gadsden, just that the Alabama press either didn't have the resources and/or didn't care enough to ever investigate -- there is an Alabama reporter on record stating that has been asked a few times to investigate this story, just that he never had the resources (time and money) to be able to do it.

It is not unusual for these stories to come out years later, look at Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein -- being abused is very traumatic for women, they tend to blame themselves (even when no fault of their own) and, as we see from those who have accused Moore, they get called a number of names by various people, have personal information published online, with the abuser (or his allies) frequently digging up dirt to try and discredit the victim. After already being abused, why would a woman want to open herself up to more abuse. This is also why it often happens during races, like this, particularly when (like the Washington Post discovered) there are multiple victims and they can all speak out at once.

I don't know the credibility of any Moore accuser. However, lots of corroborating information has been given; particularly the stories of how Moore was banned from the mall and the YMCA, because he was trying to pick up teenage girls. We have someone he worked with saying it was known in the office that he dated teenage girls and they thought it was weird. And then you have Moore, who at first kind of waffled, saying it would have been "out of character" for him to date teenagers but that he always had the mother's permission. Now Moore has changed his tune, that he never dated teenage girls. And for me, a man who at 30-something who was dating high schoolers is enough, for me, that he shouldn't be in office.

As for the divorce, it is extremely likely Ms. Nelson never appeared in his courtroom -- that she didn't even know he presided. Chances are, the divorce was agreed on ahead of time and, if anyone appeared before Moore it was just the lawyers -- though likely not even they did. Instead, Moore merely signed off on the divorce that had already been negotiated.

I do find it interesting, with the yearbook, that in the "evidence" to prove the signature wasn't his they used Moore's current signature and his signature from the late 90s -- and talked how different it was. Which stands to reason, my signature has changed over the decades since I was in my 30s (and I think most people's do as they get older). Interesting that they didn't offer a signature from the 70s, which for someone like Moore should be available with all the legal paperwork he signed as a DA.

It is also interesting to me, that the first late 90s signature Moore released they pointed out "how different" the signatures were yet, just a day or two later, they showed the signature from the divorce decree (again from the late 90s) and how similar it was (as if it was copied from the decree) to the signature in the yearbook. They can't even get that story straight, of if it appears to be his signature or not.

But beyond that, Moore appears to be lying, at this point -- at least about dating teenaged girls -- between the evidence that has come out from multiple sources. Additionally he keeps changing his story as he's become more desperate to defend himself (not to mention he is denying it through written statements, not in person). At this point, Moore's accusers appear to have more credibility, based on the evidence that has come out, than Moore does.
Yes and? Again... 1 month left in an election cycle..he is hated by the establishment right and all the left (including the media... not a red herring and what a silly thing to say) and there has been nothing in his past UNTIL NOW that suggests he is anything but an upright man. Therefore, when all the evidence is made clear we can judge. Until then we... well, I... will NOT judge. He is innocent until proven guilty. So... prove him guilty or remain quiet.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not surprising, a judge who claims his personal interpretation of the constitution is the only valid one and chooses to disregard the constitution by ignoring a supreme court ruling, clearly is so full of themselves, that they will likely deny any negative allegation against them.

This dude, has zero credibility.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not surprising, a judge who claims his personal interpretation of the constitution is the only valid one and chooses to disregard the constitution by ignoring a supreme court ruling, clearly is so full of themselves, that they will likely deny any negative allegation against them.

This dude, has zero credibility.
When the Supreme Court makes law rather than interpret it, then they have stepped beyond Constitutional boundaries and have lost credibility, dude.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Yes and? Again... 1 month left in an election cycle..he is hated by the establishment right and all the left (including the media... not a red herring and what a silly thing to say) and there has been nothing in his past UNTIL NOW that suggests he is anything but an upright man. Therefore, when all the evidence is made clear we can judge. Until then we... well, I... will NOT judge. He is innocent until proven guilty. So... prove him guilty or remain quiet.

No, the legal standard if he were to be tried in a court of law is "innocent until proven guilty" -- Roy Moore is not going to be tried in court, since the charges are now too old for the women to bring. Instead, the only "court" that will try him is the Court of Public Opinion.

Again, plenty of evidence is out there. Not to mention the fact Roy Moore was twice removed from office for not obeying the law. As for "nothing in his past," how do you know? Are you from Gadsden, or are you just assuming because it was never published nationally? In fact, one of the most interesting things to me is some of the responses by politicians that supported him in Alabama -- there were no real denials, instead it tended to be justifications (such as the "Biblical" defense using Joseph and Mary) and that they'd still vote for him if guilty over a Democrat.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
When the Supreme Court makes law rather than interpret it, then they have stepped beyond Constitutional boundaries and have lost credibility, dude.

1) Roy Moore was removed from office twice, you are thinking only of the second one.

2) The Supreme Court did not make a new law. Instead, they ruled that based on the Constitution, including the 9th and 14th Amendments, that a clause, in existing marriage laws, was unConstitutional. They did not create a new law, merely knocked out a part of existing marriage law in most states (interpreted the Constitution and how it effects current law).

The Supreme Court did the same thing when it ruled that clauses in current marriage laws that made it illegal for mixed race couples to marry was not Constitutional. Interesting that it is not an "activist" decision, despite the similarities between the two Supreme Court decisions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Mr. Moore has twice been removed from his legal position for refusing to obey the law and the Constitution which he swore to protect.

It’s cute that you decry my judgement in the court of public opinion. Where do your opposing opinions get made? Oh, wait. The same public evidence!

So, bag it, Ken.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Mr. Moore has twice been removed from his legal position for refusing to obey the law and the Constitution which he swore to protect.

It’s cute that you decry my judgement in the court of public opinion. Where do your opposing opinions get made? Oh, wait. The same public evidence!

So, bag it, Ken.

It is also worth pointing out that it was not a liberal court that removed him. Ultimately, it was his peers (the conservative Alabama Supreme Court) that removed him for his failure to do his job and uphold the law.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you subscribe to Moore's interpretation of the Constitution?

(from 2014)

Alabama’s chief justice offered an unusual interpretation of the U.S. Constitution in a newly-released video, telling a religious organization that the First Amendment only protects Christianity.

“They didn’t bring the Koran over on the pilgrim ship, the Mayflower” Chief Justice Roy Moore announced at the Pastor for Life Luncheon, an event hosted in January by Pro-Life Mississippi. In a video obtained and released by Raw Story last Friday, Moore told his audience that religion in the First Amendment only applied to the God in the Bible.

“Let’s get real. Let’s learn our history. Let’s stop playing games,” said Moore at the Jackson, Miss. event.

“Everybody, to include the U.S. Supreme Court, has been deceived as to one little word in the First Amendment called ‘religion.’ They can’t define it,” the state’s chief justice said. “They can’t define it the way Mason, Madison and even the United State Supreme Court defined it, ‘the duties we owe to the creator and the manner of discharging it.’ They don’t want to do that, because that acknowledges a creator god.”

“Buddha didn’t create us. Mohammed didn’t create us. It’s the god of the Holy Scriptures,” said Moore.

Alabama justice says the First Amendment only protects Christians

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Silly argument. Supreme court rulings by nature, don't legislate laws, they interpret laws. Of course anyone who doesn't like the ruling, claims they are making law.

Contradicting a supreme court ruling as Moore did, disqualifies him (IMO), to serve as a senator.

Upvote 0